TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'M THINKING OF SELLING MY 40th....

My wife will be turning 50 next year and has always wanted an Aston Martin. I must say that I also love their cars.

Unfortunately, I don't have room to keep another car and I'm thinking of selling my Shelby.

I welcome your thoughts and ideas !!

Thanks,

1FST ASP

My thought? If Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!

If both you guys are on board with it go for it. AM's are might fine cars.

My wife will be turning 50 next year and has always wanted an Aston Martin. I must say that I also love their cars.

Unfortunately, I don't have room to keep another car and I'm thinking of selling my Shelby.

Thanks,

1FST ASP

Awww Mark - I was going to bug you about cruising up to Dearborn. I guess the fire has gone out. Though I'm looking for a 3rd car for better gas mileage. Don't know where I'm going to put that.

Thanks,

1FST ASP

Which one the vantage, DB9, or the DBS? We took a vantage on our honeymoon (rental once in a lifetime and all that) and it was great and sounds fantastic when the baffles open up in the exhaust but you will be sorely dissapointed by the throttle response after driving your shelby.

The interior fit and finish it beautiful and we had people nearly getting run over in cross walks staring at us when we went by but I have heard a lot of horror stories about mechanical issues with Astons.

I have a stock 08 GT500 at the moment and it definitely feels a lot punchier to me than the Aston did, your 40th (if it has power adders)will feel loads faster in comparison.

The cars are really very different and the Aston is defnitiely has more of a touring/GT feel so if you really are a power junkie you will be a bit dissapointed. That said my wife loved the Vantage as well and I defy anyone to look at that body shape and not think it is beautiful, I just felt that if it had another 100 hp would be a much better car.

I'm not sure these cars really compare. Big difference pricewise. One is an exotic Sport/Gran Touring car, while the other is a pure muscle car. I must admit that the Aston is extremely nice; one of the most beautiful cars on the road, with a timeless design IMHO. I don't this anyone could blame you if you traded your Shelby for that car.

Thanks,

1FST ASP

Thoughts:

That's honourable;

The Aston Martin Vantage is on my top 1 (1, not 10) list for beautiful cars;

Don't do it.

Ideas

If it's space that's a concern, and not money, then:

- Build an extension on your garage;

- buy a lift;

- rent some space for the winter to park one of them.

- rent the Aston Martin when you want to go on a long, luxurious car holiday, or to that special event.

I'm sure there's more...

Thanks,

1FST ASP

There's another thread offering a ride in a Lambo in exchange for a ride in a GT500. TwilightChrome is a member of a car club, that might fit the bill for use of an Aston Martin. Here's the club:

http://www.theottoclub.com/home.html

Very cool... :drool:

I'll admit it. I want a DB9. It's on my list of cars to own. So is the Ford GT (our next car), the new GT350 when it comes out (this will be our next Shelby), 65 Vette Stingray, 63 Vette split window and a 57 Bel Air. I also wouldn't turn down a Model A or a T.

Now back on topic: I'd get a lift and keep both cars. If I wasn't building an additional garage, I'd be buying the elevator lift to park 2 cars in one spot. If it's a choice of one or the other, I'd keep the wife happy, sell the Shelby and make her dream come true. After all, they are only possessions. The wife on the other hand isn't.

I'll admit it. I want a DB9. It's on my list of cars to own. So is the Ford GT (our next car), the new GT350 when it comes out (this will be our next Shelby), 65 Vette Stingray, 63 Vette split window and a 57 Bel Air. I also wouldn't turn down a Model A or a T.

Now back on topic: I'd get a lift and keep both cars. If I wasn't building an additional garage, I'd be buying the elevator lift to park 2 cars in one spot. If it's a choice of one or the other, I'd keep the wife happy, sell the Shelby and make her dream come true. After all, they are only possessions. The wife on the other hand isn't.

So true. But that's a nice wish list... Sounds like you'll be happy whatever you decide!

Why does the wife have to be the happy one? I thought it was a 50/50 proposition :)

I'd track and open road race the Aston Martin :shift:

Thanks for all your help! I have now fully regained my senses, and will be keeping the 40th!!

For now at least !!LOL

That's great, Mark. We need to have another 40th get together. How about the Manassas BK on saturday? Ever go there? Huge gathering. Maybe Dan can make it, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived