TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stone Bench and sticker price

altopcat

I bought my wife a Shelby GT and she loves it. As for myself it is very rough riding and the shifter works like a bolt action rifle. I want to order a Shelby 500 but need input as to its road manners and ease of shifting. I want to be able to take a long ride in comfort and shift with ease like my Corvette. I have heard that the 500 will do this. Last should I pay sticker please guide me as to what to pay thanks in advance for any help here.

The GT500's suspension and shifter is much more docile than the SGT's is.

I bought my wife a Shelby GT and she loves it. As for myself it is very rough riding and the shifter works like a bolt action rifle. I want to order a Shelby 500 but need input as to its road manners and ease of shifting. I want to be able to take a long ride in comfort and shift with ease like my Corvette. I have heard that the 500 will do this. Last should I pay sticker please guide me as to what to pay thanks in advance for any help here.

Well, you should be able to find a GT500 for sticker if you look hard enough. Maybe even a little less. I know ShelbyDude posted one on here not too long ago for $500 under sticker. I have not driven a SGT, but the GT500 is pretty tame as far as ride goes in stock form. Just don't let the mod bug bite you! :hysterical:

Ha Enis;

How did it change with the SS package????????

As good handling as the Shelby GT???????

It only got better. I selected the FRPP suspension package over the Shelby/Eibach package, and the car handles like it's on rails while still providing a really comfortible ride. The SGT handles like it's on rails too, but the ride is much, much, harsher/stiffer. I have actually been lifted out of my seat and bumped my head on the headliner after driving over those dips in the freeway that are usually located just before and/or after surface street overpasses; I'm sure you are familar with the kind of dips that I'm talking about.

If I did not care about keeping the original SAI installed suspension components on the SGT intact, I would definately install the same suspension that's on the Super Snake now; that's how much I like it.

Sir,

I bought a Gt 500 vert, really like the ride and power is unbelievable. Just a few mods and the big corvette guys are in your mirror.My friends are vet guys so I know. With 500 plus at the wheels driver become a big big thing. That said, I was in FRENSO CAL yesterday and they had a Gt500 vert, black, for sticker price. They had started out high and had to come down. I'm sure you can find a 08 for sticker, which was like 55,000.00 on the one I was looking at, it had everything on it.Good luck, I hope you like a Shelby better than a vet, but they really are two different cars and both have good and better things.

My shifter works fine, power shifting is tricky 2nd to 3rd, but I really don't have problems. If you do a shifter change can fix it. My friend with a Z06 had to change the shifter in his vet with the power shift thing. I have heard they both have the same tranny, but do not know that for sure. ----------------Mike

It's hard to compare a solid axle car to a IRS car, especially a Vette vs Mustang platform. Having said that the GT500 has a softer suspension than the Z-51 and standard setup. IMO the magnetic ride control system for the Vette is superior.

It only got better. I selected the FRPP suspension package over the Shelby/Eibach package, and the car handles like it's on rails while still providing a really comfortible ride. The SGT handles like it's on rails too, but the ride is much, much, harsher/stiffer. I have actually been lifted out of my seat and bumped my head on the headliner after driving over those dips in the freeway that are usually located just before and/or after surface street overpasses; I'm sure you are familar with the kind of dips that I'm talking about.

If I did not care about keeping the original SAI installed suspension components on the SGT intact, I would definately install the same suspension that's on the Super Snake now; that's how much I like it.

Thats great as I am thinking of installing the same FRPP suspension kit on mine but keeping

the stock rims and tires.......

Is your heavier SS a noticeable difference than Shelby GT on the road course???????????

Thanks, Dave T.

Archived