TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT2247 Please Meet Mr. Kenne Bell

twobjshelbys

I like the oil pressure better than my oil temp that doesn't read very well...

It looks good....It looks like you need to drain the Husky oil separator now. The best way I've found is to place a small glass bowl under it to catch the oil. I am still working with Ken at KB to find out why my car is going too lean under boost. Ken said the boost is set at 9 psi. At more than 10psi you risk engine damage. Donnie Beson (Shelby) is also doing his '07 SGT at this time with a KB.

What was your RWHP? I met a SGT owner at Lowes Motor Speedway this weekend who had a custom tuner work on his KB an ended up 490 RWHP. I think 425 would be okay and all you wanted for a driver, anymore and you need to changed some internals. How does the brace fit and did you need spacers?

Grady

It looks good....It looks like you need to drain the Husky oil separator now. The best way I've found is to place a small glass bowl under it to catch the oil. I am still working with Ken at KB to find out why my car is going too lean under boost. Ken said the boost is set at 9 psi. At more than 10psi you risk engine damage. Donnie Beson (Shelby) is also doing his '07 SGT at this time with a KB.

What was your RWHP? I met a SGT owner at Lowes Motor Speedway this weekend who had a custom tuner work on his KB an ended up 490 RWHP. I think 425 would be okay and all you wanted for a driver, anymore and you need to changed some internals. How does the brace fit and did you need spacers?

Grady

It looks a little bit away from the full line. We drove it 800+ miles without being hard on it at all, and then this weekend I "tested" it a little. I'll drain it when I get back from Portland. Good tip about using a glass bowl - that should help keep anything from getting on the engine.

I don't know what HP I'm getting. I wanted to dyno it when we were in Vegas but the schedule didn't allow for it and SAI doesn't have one. I wanted to do it there so I could calibrate the high altitude loss from being at 5000+ feet. I'd be happy to have 450 or so. Jim, have you had yours dyno'd yet?

The brace is in the garage. It doesn't fit at all. Rumor is that a CS6 brace will fit. Also is that Shelby Parts is working on one. Again, I think Jim Clark was investigating this space.

It sure makes this a completely different car.

The brace is in the garage. It doesn't fit at all. Rumor is that a CS6 brace will fit. Also is that Shelby Parts is working on one. Again, I think Jim Clark was investigating this space.

I can find nothing that will fit for now. Rick Yates said the V-6 brace will do it. Rick is the one who has actually done most of the footwork on this topic.

I am going to try and get my car on the dyno this week and, if I do, I will report in.

Jim

• 5 years later...

Someone here ("fastlaneford") has posted some photos of my car:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/11209-08sgt2247-bj-sgtsc/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/11212-08sgt2247-side/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/11211-08sgt2247-sgtsc/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/11213-08sgt2247-signed-by-cs-and-several-other-individuals-from-bj-auctions/

These are post-sale. They guy in Florida that bought it did some cosmetic changes that you can see, including wheels and seat covers. It was sold at BJ Florida and bought by Ele Chesney who donated it to Craig Jackson's foundation where it was sold in Scottsdale to Rick Hendrick (NASCAR).

The fourth signature on the bottom half was added after I owned it. I can't read it well enough to wee who it is. The originals were all of those (Carroll, Craig, Steve and Amy) that were in the (also autographed) photograph that came with the BJ cars.

Someone here ("fastlaneford") has posted some photos of my car:

The fourth signature on the bottom half was added after I owned it. I can't read it well enough to wee who it is. The originals were all of those (Carroll, Craig, Steve and Amy) that were in the (also autographed) photograph that came with the BJ cars.

Hmmm... a mystery...

Jer

The last signature is Gary Bennett, another B-J person.

Steve

• 4 months later...

Hi Tony ... been a while since I have logged into the site! I am the proud owner of good ol' SGT2247 now....

The pics were posted by me (Fastlane Ford) after I bought the car from Hendrick Cars in Hickory, NC

They are the pics that were on their website when I located the car and made the dealio...

The car has not been altered from those pictures except for a "shorty" antenna I put on for 12 bucks.

Don't know why FORD needs a 10ft antenna to get sub par FM these days??

LOL :)

I do have a couple reversible mods that will be going on for eye candy and performance soon.

As for the signature on the bottom right, I believe it is indeed Gary Bennett.

Ironically as I type this, I believe his car (SGT #10) is for sale on ebay!

More to come

post-31310-0-83081300-1393228619_thumb.png

Archived