TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 40th anniversary gt500?

KAM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuart,

You are wrong to read into my response that I taking pleasure in your "pain"and I don't appreciate the accusation. I recognize that this is a touchy situation and was trying to share what I thought was some possibly meaningful insight. I'm sure there is a logical explaination for all of this and SAI will enlighten the masses just as soon as they figure it out.

lets get back on topic and put the swords away....

Frank

Wow, this is an interesting development. Many of us have been asking for a 40th style package for the 08/09 models and there is a thread that indicates that this might be a future possibility.... I guess it's no longer a thought but reality......hmmm

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...en+Idea+for+Amy

Frank,

Well you come into this thread which is about 40th cars and you appear to be continuing to advocate your 08 agenda--even posting a link. So I would say you're right, let's get back on topic; 40th Anniversary Cars--not 08/09s. Thank you for understanding.

Stuart

....your point being?

Did you miss the part where i stated: "Just found this thread.....waiting to see how it turns out. "?

1) This is not about your thread on 08s/09s--my point.

2) No, I didn't.

3) Did you forget you posted this? "As for the "other" thread mentioned here, I have everything done and waiting to submit it to Amy for her opinion/thoughts"

:backtotopic: 40th anniversary Cars. Thanks.

Speedracer, i'm not going to get into a shoving match with you, however, this thread and the other are related. This topic is: why did an '08 leave SAI with the 40th package? The other thread references ideas for something for the '08/09's. This thread kind of leads into the other and brings up a point why '07 owners would be upset if the 40th is extended over to '08 owners.

I'm not going to get into it with you since this hasn't been officially addressed by the powers that be. For all we know, we could be getting anxious over nothing.

Try to relax, have a glass of wine if you have to, and lets see where this goes instead of jumping down someones back for taking 1/2 a post a lil' off to the left.

Speedracer, i'm not going to get into a shoving match with you, however, this thread and the other are related. This topic is: why did an '08 leave SAI with the 40th package? The other thread references ideas for something for the '08/09's. This thread kind of leads into the other and brings up a point why '07 owners would be upset if the 40th is extended over to '08 owners.

I'm not going to get into it with you since this hasn't been officially addressed by the powers that be. For all we know, we could be getting anxious over nothing.

Try to relax, have a glass of wine if you have to, and lets see where this goes instead of jumping down someones back for taking 1/2 a post a lil' off to the left.

Seems to me you're the one that's all upset. You're just in the wrong thread. Drink a glass of wine and work on your list. Best of regards.

Stuart

Seems to me you're the one that's all upset. You're just in the wrong thread. Drink a glass of wine and work on your list. Best of regards.

Stuart

Good morning. Sorry you think i'm upset, on the contrary. Wrong thread? says you.

Had a glass of wine last night, it was good. If you want, i can recommend a brand that goes well with seafood. Oh, and since you brought it up, the list is completed, no need to work on it any longer.

-Cheers !!

::::::sigh::::::

I agree, things seemed to have shifted here at "Team" Shelby. Everyone is here for the brand, right? Everyone here has a genuine love for Shelby, or else you wouldn't be here. I did not create team shelby, and will not speak for those that did, HOWEVER.. I don't think it was made for everyone to get into continuous pissing contests over who is right.. and who is wrong.. and whose opinion is right and whose is wrong. The purpose of a forum is for everyone to be able to give their input. I know, that my opinion may be different than others here. I respect the difference, as a member of this forum. I EXPECT the differences of opinion.

Its ashame that I now get on Team Shelby and EXPECT to see what the next pissing contest is.. versus getting on to see what the next cool shelby story is coming from one of my fellow SHELBY enthusiasts.

I am dissapointed. Some may not agree with my feelings, and im sorry if I offend anyone, but its the truth. I am dissapointed that a place so great as this, a place where people can come together with others who whole heartedly love the brand just like them-- has turned into what it is today.

-A

I agree, things seemed to have shifted here at "Team" Shelby. Everyone is here for the brand, right? Everyone here has a genuine love for Shelby, or else you wouldn't be here. I did not create team shelby, and will not speak for those that did, HOWEVER.. I don't think it was made for everyone to get into continuous pissing contests over who is right.. and who is wrong.. and whose opinion is right and whose is wrong. The purpose of a forum is for everyone to be able to give their input. I know, that my opinion may be different than others here. I respect the difference, as a member of this forum. I EXPECT the differences of opinion.

Its ashame that I now get on Team Shelby and EXPECT to see what the next pissing contest is.. versus getting on to see what the next cool shelby story is coming from one of my fellow SHELBY enthusiasts.

I am dissapointed. Some may not agree with my feelings, and im sorry if I offend anyone, but its the truth. I am dissapointed that a place so great as this, a place where people can come together with others who whole heartedly love the brand just like them-- has turned into what it is today.

-A

Well stated, I agree.

-A

I think that we need to get back to what has brought us to this place to begin with that is the love of the man and the love of the car.

Difference of opinion is always going to happen, but I think we all need to get back to core of why we are all here and that is the love of Shelby.

This site has alot to offer and we have alot coming in the future. We are Team Shelby we are a Club and all Shelby lovers are welocme. We are also tied to the company which puts us in a unique and some times hard position, on one hand these gives Team Shelby unique opportunities for Team Shelby that other wise would not be there. We get the inside access and access to the company and Carroll and future products that no other will have. It gets us access to people like A and Bud and Amy and the other Shelby Autos team. But it also connects us to the company which means that unlike other clubs people know that Shelby is watching and can use this forum to air all the things that Shelby has done wrong or things that are going wrong or things that they think should be changed , which is unlike other clubs that are not connected to the Company it is all about the cars but when you are connected to the company the dinamics can change.

Would I change this no, because Team Shelby is a very unique and wonderful place. Do we have growing pains yes, will we work through them yes. Remember Team Shelby has only been around since January we have many years to grow and become a part of history.

So these are things that we are going to have to learn as we go and change. We are no longer just a great site we are a great club.

Sharon

I think that we need to get back to what has brought us to this place to begin with that is the love of the man and the love of the car.

Difference of opinion is always going to happen, but I think we all need to get back to core of why we are all here and that is the love of Shelby.

This site has alot to offer and we have alot coming in the future. We are Team Shelby we are a Club and all Shelby lovers are welocme. We are also tied to the company which puts us in a unique and some times hard position, on one hand these gives Team Shelby unique opportunities for Team Shelby that other wise would not be there. We get the inside access and access to the company and Carroll and future products that no other will have. It gets us access to people like A and Bud and Amy and the other Shelby Autos team. But it also connects us to the company which means that unlike other clubs people know that Shelby is watching and can use this forum to air all the things that Shelby has done wrong or things that are going wrong or things that they think should be changed , which is unlike other clubs that are not connected to the Company it is all about the cars but when you are connected to the company the dinamics can change.

Would I change this no, because Team Shelby is a very unique and wonderful place. Do we have growing pains yes, will we work through them yes. Remember Team Shelby has only been around since January we have many years to grow and become a part of history.

So these are things that we are going to have to learn as we go and change. We are no longer just a great site we are a great club.

Sharon

Well stated Sharon

P.S. on a much lighter note (and completely off topic I know, but I couldn't resist).. I saw your car today.. and I was doing this----> :drool: I know you cant wait to get it in your hands again!

Sharon

I agree Great site and great club, and appreciate all of the above.

Still would like to know what the deal is with this 2008 40th?

If this 2008 slipped through the system?

What is going to be done about this to persevere the integrity of our 2007 40th?

Thanks,

Todd

-A

I agree

Stuart

Sharon

Sharon,

Absolutely! Well said. :happy feet:

Stuart

Nobody ever wins a forum word war.

So let's get the question answered.

Is the car a 2008 with the 40th upgrade? Yes or No?

All the other discussions don't mean a thing until that question is answered

Andy,

You're right, that's the question. Bud have you found out anything yet? Thanks.

Stuart

There is no question whether it is a 2008 or a 40th. It is both. The question is - how did this happen? And it was done in Vegas.

Carfax report.

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_order.cfm?...p;PopUpStatus=0

And the Ebay listing. This is clearly CSM07XL280 with a 2008 vin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...=p4506.c0.m245 

Look what was added by the dealer today.

On Sep-04-08 at 09:25:20 PDT, seller added the following information:

2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package

Yes this is a Rare 2008! Only one in existance as far as we know! All work was done by Shelby at their Las Vegas Location!

Looks like the seller now knows it's a rare 2008 40th. Only one in existence according to them.

There is no question whether it is a 2008 or a 40th. It is both. The question is - how did this happen? And it was done in Vegas.

Carfax report.

Yes this is a Rare 2008! Only one in existance as far as we know! All work was done by Shelby at their Las Vegas Location!

Flyboy,

I think it's real as well. How could something like this happen? :confused: I hope Shelby is bidding on it.

Stuart

post-21721-1220570719_thumb.jpg

Carfax report.

How does this look on a 2008 Shelby??? Doesn't make any sense.

post-21721-1220570719_thumb.jpg

It could be that a mistake was made. :huh:

People are only human, and this happens.

Archived