TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Offered a chance to buy a local KR

ctann

Well, after a long wait, the first KR (at least that I know of) arrived at a near-by dealership. Mine is on order at another dealership, but I had chatted to these guys several times over the past few years, and was told a long time ago that they would "put me on the list".

So, I got the call that the car was arriving, and tried to reorganise my schedule to get over to see it. In an email, I casually asked how much they were asking, and the salesman replied.

$180k.

$180k.

I know, I said it twice, I just had to repeat that again for the shock value! From chatting with the salesman over the years, I thought he was a reasonable guy. Perhaps he is, and it is the dealership GM or owner that is setting that price, but still, I am amazed, amused, and just a little bit insulted. Seeing such numbers on eBay is one thing, but hearing it in person, as a real potential customer that has been talking to them for *years* about this car, just spins me out.

I wrote back offering him Invoice + $500. Yes, that is an unrealistic price, but then so is $180k, so I guess that makes us even.

If anyone wants to go pursue this KR at the dealership, PM me and I will give you the name... I, for one, will not be setting foot there - they just lost a potential customer.

Chris.

Well, after a long wait, the first KR (at least that I know of) arrived at a near-by dealership. Mine is on order at another dealership, but I had chatted to these guys several times over the past few years, and was told a long time ago that they would "put me on the list".

So, I got the call that the car was arriving, and tried to reorganise my schedule to get over to see it. In an email, I casually asked how much they were asking, and the salesman replied.

$180k.

$180k.

I know, I said it twice, I just had to repeat that again for the shock value! From chatting with the salesman over the years, I thought he was a reasonable guy. Perhaps he is, and it is the dealership GM or owner that is setting that price, but still, I am amazed, amused, and just a little bit insulted. Seeing such numbers on eBay is one thing, but hearing it in person, as a real potential customer that has been talking to them for *years* about this car, just spins me out.

I wrote back offering him Invoice + $500. Yes, that is an unrealistic price, but then so is $180k, so I guess that makes us even.

If anyone wants to go pursue this KR at the dealership, PM me and I will give you the name... I, for one, will not be setting foot there - they just lost a potential customer.

Chris.

he is nutz, fromwhat I have seen on ebay they are going for under 100k?

he is nutz, fromwhat I have seen on ebay they are going for under 100k?

I turned one down for 87k

It took the dealer over 3 weeks before they sold it.(sticker was 82 they did get the 87)

I know 2 other KR's that sold locally for 89k at a different dealer.(these where presales and paid for a couple months back).

I talked to a dealer up here in Canada. We have yet to get any KRs up here. We are supposed to get 100 - 2009 kRs in all of Canada. That means only 1 to 3 max per SVT dealer. They are looking to try to get $120k for them. Seems a bit steep, even with low numbers.

Archived