TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody have a change of heart -

LSR

Anybody have a change of heart on their color choice after seeing a different GT500 color in person?

:doh: I just saw Vista Blue w White stripes in person, and that color is very attractive in person. If I could go back, I would order Vista Blue w White stripes instead of Red w White. the Vista Blue looks almost purple in the shade and WOW in the light.

I told the salesmen jokingly, if this car was availible when my car comes in shortly, I would probably try to do a dealer trade. He said that the owner is ok with that if the car is still availible. Hmmmmm

That's good to hear, figuring I ordered Vista Blue. I'm not a big fan of blue, so I've had some reservations. This will be the wife's car, and she's a big blue fan. The grabber orange is really growing on me. I've been gently trying to convince my wife to change her mind. With your feedback, I think I'll stick with blue.

Anybody have a change of heart on their color choice after seeing a different GT500 color in person?

:doh: I just saw Vista Blue w White stripes in person, and that color is very attractive in person. If I could go back, I would order Vista Blue w White stripes instead of Red w White. the Vista Blue looks almost purple in the shade and WOW in the light.

I told the salesmen jokingly, if this car was availible when my car comes in shortly, I would probably try to do a dealer trade. He said that the owner is ok with that if the car is still availible. Hmmmmm

Seen the Vista Blue with white stripes yesterday, beautiful. Mine being built is torch red, if I could change, which I can't now, I'd go with the ebony with white stripes, maybe the grabber. Seen a torch red Jack Roush with stripes, looked too fake, gave me a bad taste for a moment,

Lutzcat

Awesome...thanks for helping me I was suffering from Cognative dissonance...and switched from Black with Tungsten to Blue with WHite...stripes and wasn't sure if I had made the right call!

I love the blue in Pictures...and have yet to see one in person..can you describe the purple in the shade comment...just curious.

Cheers,

Requis

That's good to hear, figuring I ordered Vista Blue. I'm not a big fan of blue, so I've had some reservations. This will be the wife's car, and she's a big blue fan. The grabber orange is really growing on me. I've been gently trying to convince my wife to change her mind. With your feedback, I think I'll stick with blue.

My attempt at on-line hypnotism:

come to the dark side (grabber orange), Rpretzel.....

it is useless to resist.....

you are getting very drowsy.....

you must do as i say..... :wacko:

you can't fault a guy for trying.

would be cool to have another G.O. GT500 coupe here in Denver area to hang out with!

Grabber is a mean color!

PM me if you want to come by sometime and take a look/take her for a drive.... I live right down the road.

I changed my order from red with white to white with blue after seeing one in person. It looks awesome!

John

Awesome...thanks for helping me I was suffering from Cognative dissonance...and switched from Black with Tungsten to Blue with WHite...stripes and wasn't sure if I had made the right call!

I love the blue in Pictures...and have yet to see one in person..can you describe the purple in the shade comment...just curious.

Cheers,

Requis

Requis,

I can relate to exactly what LSR is saying. The first day I drove my car home it was twilight and I noticed a slight glimmer of blueish purple tint in the color tone. It's really hard to describe and pics don't really do it justice. The purple is ever so slight, but it looked really cool. I knew then I had made the right choice for me. The blue clearcoat is the dominant color tone especially in the daylight hours.

I settled on the Black with Tungsten stripes... but I was looking for more of a sleeper (if that's possible).... Hides a little more in a crowd.

Second choice would have been blue with the silver stripes.... All this before I knew they had the Tungsten color with silver stripes (awesome combo) and the Grabber Orange with the Tungsten stripes (WAY COOL!!)...

Each color gives the car its own character.... depends on what you are looking for.

Love the Black thou...... surprised how many thumbs up I get when out for a drive.....

Bert

RP, the Vista blue looks to me to be almost a dead ringer for the 68 mustang "gunmetal blue" (a misnomer for sure -- my avatar is gunmetal blue -- but really a stunning color). Anyhow, both look like a deep, rich, transprent 'candy' blue over a very fine silver metalic. I suspect it's a one-pass color, but sure is beautiful and almost looks like a custom paint job.

Hope ya get a VIN soon!

-Dan

Mine is Vista Blue with no stripes. Interesting reactions; without the stripes, the car does not draw attention until you get to a stop light. It is almost too easy because no one suspects what kind of car you are driving. The blue is beautiful!! Never had a doubt on ordering the color. See the blue KR on the top banner of this web page next to the red with white stripes? That is my other GT500 (no kidding) so I had to have a matched set.

I've ordered vista blue with tungsten stripes; my only hesitation has to do with the stripes--sometimes think I should have ordered white stripes or maybe no stripes?

I was informed yesterday my ETA has been moved back a week--oh boy, here we go again. No one is going to appreciate that beautiful blue shade if it's in the garage all winter!

CC

I initially had ebony w/ white stripes ordered, but changed to tungsten stripes a month ago. I like how the white contrasted with the black, but eventually thought I'd be happier w/ tungsten in the long term. And I do mean long term. This car will be mine until "death do us part." I initially thought about getting the tungsten coupe and having black stripes customed on ala "Eleanor", but decided against that for the hassle of the extra time and money. So, I went with a "reverse" color scheme so to speak.

I really like the grabber orange w/ white stripes. I thought of a creamsickle the first time I saw a pic. That combo probably has the coolest summer cruise vibe in my opinion. The tungsten on orange just doesn't do it for me.

The vista blue w/ white was one of my early choices in the running. Would like to see more pics w/ tungsten stripes. That would be my brother's choice, but he's only 19. Though it is nice to dream (and God knows I have for many years)!

Torch red w/ white is nice, but I figure I can get one of those 5-10 years down the road easily as I was sure it will be the most popular combo. Has anyone seen a red w/ silver stripes? The order guide has it as an option, but I haven't heard of one.

rpretzel, your right about the Wimbledon White on the originals. Not a "striking" white. But I don't know if that bothers me personally. Especially because I'm getting the Grabber Orange! :rockon: Just thought bonedoc needed a little help pluggin' the color...

No change of heart here, but I am thinking about changing the stripes to Vista Blue when I get them painted on. The GT500 vinyl kit for the vert's will help me out nicely there. Any thoughts or feedback on that idea? (flames excepted)

For a year, I was screaming "Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnngsten"!!!!!! Ask anyone. Then, I saw a nice shot of one in Alloy. Yikes, can't make up my mind!!! Good thing the ADMs delayed me! :hysterical: :lol2: :do what:

copycat! I had Tungsten on the brain too, and initially ordered that way. Later changed to Alloy...I didn't like the purplish "hue" of the Tungsten in certain lighting conditions. Tungsten looks fantastic in bright sun, but in shade it turned me off.

Dave

Mike, does that mean all is now well with your dealer's agreements -- hope so.

Dan

Nope,

Primed for the battle, but won't know what the outcome is until the car arrives and I go down there.

Looking like next Monday, unless they manage to get it out of the rail car and trucked over to the dealer tomorrow.

The rail car it's on hit here about 2 hours ago according to UPRR web-site.

The car's sitting about 20 miles from me, and I have to wait until Monday. :banghead:

Might be for the better anyway. The 2nd one is a few days behind it. I might wait to go to dealership until they're both there, haven't decided yet.

We'll see...

Mike.

copycat! I had Tungsten on the brain too, and initially ordered that way. Later changed to Alloy...I didn't like the purplish "hue" of the Tungsten in certain lighting conditions. Tungsten looks fantastic in bright sun, but in shade it turned me off.

Dave

Well, call me a copycat, then! Hey, we have got good taste, what can we say?!?

Archived