TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rattle from Transmission???

09 Red GT500

So I got my new GT500 about a month ago and I keep on thinking I am hearing a rattle (metal on metal like a bolt were slightly loose somewhere) that seems to be coming up thru the area of the gear shift and I don't know if it is a normal noise coming from the car or not. I really don't think it is. I hear it at idle, but it is most pronounced at around 1000-1200 rpm in second gear - such as when I am making a slow turn from one residential street to another in second gear. I have also noticed that if I am holding on to the gear shift or lightly applying pressure, the sound changes. As the engine rpm goes up, the sound goes away. I've never been in another GT500, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I can't hear it from outside the car or when I open the hood. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it is? Or whether I am just having new car paranoia?

Mine does the same thing, except when in neutral regardless of whether or not the clutch is depressed (although depressing the clutch tends to make it go away). SVT "expert" mechanic explained it was the gears "clanking" together and that it was normal. It is un-nerving and I doubt it is "normal".

Others????

So I got my new GT500 about a month ago and I keep on thinking I am hearing a rattle (metal on metal like a bolt were slightly loose somewhere) that seems to be coming up thru the area of the gear shift and I don't know if it is a normal noise coming from the car or not. I really don't think it is. I hear it at idle, but it is most pronounced at around 1000-1200 rpm in second gear - such as when I am making a slow turn from one residential street to another in second gear. I have also noticed that if I am holding on to the gear shift or lightly applying pressure, the sound changes. As the engine rpm goes up, the sound goes away. I've never been in another GT500, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I can't hear it from outside the car or when I open the hood. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it is? Or whether I am just having new car paranoia?

Owners manual? Supplement? I didn't even realize my car had a glove box until recently. I just put the started the car, pushed on the gas and letup the clutch. :happy feet:

Guess I'll have to read the owner's manual when I have time...Like when I'm hospitalized for something and can't drive. :drool:

That's normal. It's even mentioned in the GT500 owners supplement. It's called gear rollover, and is from the heavier gears, and probably the dual clutch pack doesn't help it, either. Also, we run very thin oil in there compared to lower performance gearboxes.

The owner's manual is actually very helpful, especially the "GT 500 Supplement" to the standard Mustang manual. It's the glove box that bothers me. Once I got the manual into the very nice leather cover, it won't go back in the glove box! Everything in there is a fight to get it in! I don't think I can remember owning a car with this small a glove box.....even the PT was like a cavern!

The owner's manual is actually very helpful, especially the "GT 500 Supplement" to the standard Mustang manual. It's the glove box that bothers me. Once I got the manual into the very nice leather cover, it won't go back in the glove box! Everything in there is a fight to get it in! I don't think I can remember owning a car with this small a glove box.....even the PT was like a cavern!

Sounds like you need the glove box Mod. :hysterical:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=glove+box

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod059.jpg

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod061.jpg

Archived