TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby in Quebec

daniel

Is your no respose from your dealer or Ford Motor Co. Of Canada????????????????

after waiting one hour in half on the line, they said "we dont know what happens, contact your dealer"!!!!!!

i contact the dealer for another time and they said we dont know were the car is.....we dont know when it will be delivery.....i received the vin number sept 8.

i think Ford made a mistake.

i paid 79000.cdn whitout taxes + 6%+7.5%

where is the respect, i paid 25K more than the suggest price!!!!!!!!!

i got 2 SVT car : Lightning and Cobra

i am very unhappy

If you just got your VIN on Sept. 8th, it is way to early to get your car. I just received my VIN on the 26th of Sept. after ordering it on the 31st of May. I hope to get it before Thanksgiving. My dealer says should be before then. Hopefully the 1st week in November.

Oh, I forgot, try going online at www.crcfmc@ford.com, and give them your VIN. Hopefully they can help you.

after waiting one hour in half on the line, they said "we dont know what happens, contact your dealer"!!!!!!

i contact the dealer for another time and they said we dont know were the car is.....we dont know when it will be delivery.....i received the vin number sept 8.

i am very unhappy

Daniel,

Your dealer should have set some expectation for your Shelby delivery. You should be happy you at least got a VIN.

Once you get a VIN expect up to 30 days before car will be built then another 30 before delivery. Do not count on car before November 1st.

To expect to hear order status after only 2 weeks of receiving VIN is not a reasonable expectation.

A reasonable expectation for your Shelby arrival would be November 1st. Ford did not charge you 25k over your dealer did. What I understand is canadian dealers are not supposed to charge over msrp?

Do not get yourself all worked up because your car has not been delivered after only two weeks. It will take some of the enjoyment out of delivery.

Daniel,

Your dealer should have set some expectation for your Shelby delivery. You should be happy you at least got a VIN.

Once you get a VIN expect up to 30 days before car will be built then another 30 before delivery. Do not count on car before November 1st.

To expect to hear order status after only 2 weeks of receiving VIN is not a reasonable expectation.

A reasonable expectation for your Shelby arrival would be November 1st. Ford did not charge you 25k over your dealer did. What I understand is canadian dealers are not supposed to charge over msrp?

Do not get yourself all worked up because your car has not been delivered after only two weeks. It will take some of the enjoyment out of delivery.

I have heard a few times about Canadian dealers not charging over MSRP.

My dealership was upfront from the start. 5K over MSRP. All of us on the list agreed.

I went in to another dealership yesterday to look at a Vert that came in that the cust. cancelled. He could not get financing. It took the salesperson 1 phone call to a guy down the list. He sold it for 10K over. He said the phone conversation lasted two minutes. He also told me they sold all their allocation at 5k over except for the last two. They went for 10k over.

Then he offered me 10k over the 5k over I paid if I wanted to sell my spot. 15k over MSRP total. All of his allocation is spoken for. He said he has 40 people from Quebec on his list as well as another 30+ from Ontario. None will get this years car, but they have started the 2008 list now. I ordered first week of August and won't see the car untill April 07. I was told Verts are only getting built with the Mach 1000 starting November. There is a big backlog. They told me the same thing, about two months after Vin. is assigned. Hope this helps. Lets ask the winter Gods for a snowless winter. Ha Ha Ha!

KS

oct 2 06

i got news

my car is hold by the quality custommer service

they make a recheck on 250 shelby gt 500

suppose there is a problem of manufacturing

the dealer dont know when they going to release my car

no shipping date

i think Ford make a big mistake with is shelby delivrery program :banghead::rant::censored:

Daniel,

Daniel

I would agree with TwinTurbos analogy, here is my situation.

- VIN # assigned July 21/06.

- Build Date August 4th.

- First Delivery Date was Aug. 19-26.

- Three other delivery dates since. All missed

- Guess what. Still no F%&king car as of today. Last delivery was suppose to be yesterday at 12noon.

- Only saving grace - I have my bill of sale.

Everything that Ford has told me to date has been inaccurate.

Good Luck

Oh, mine is coming to Canada as well.

Daniel

- Build Date August 4th.

- Guess what. Still no F%&king car as of today. Last delivery was suppose to be yesterday at 12noon.

Good Luck

That was the build date for my car! It finally arrived at my Grand Rapids dealer last Thurday, but only after I emailed the President of Ford Customer Service for help locating it (Ford Customer Service is utterly useless). It is impossible to know whether this email made the car arrive any sooner, but I doubt it accelerated the delivery by much. Hang in there, rbortnick. Your car will come, and you will be VERY happy when it gets to you. :shift:

This is not giving me the warm fuzzies... :unsure:

Mine was supposed to be delivered to Erinwood Ford in Mississauga "the week of Sept 26th" but nothing yet.

The tracking system Ford uses just sucks. I've got a friend who works in the Oakville Ford plant who has been following the car for me. When he bought a Focus the system still showed that the car hadn't been shipped yet AFTER it was sitting in his driveway!

oct 2 06

i got news

my car is hold by the quality custommer service

they make a recheck on 250 shelby gt 500

suppose there is a problem of manufacturing

the dealer dont know when they going to release my car

no shipping date

i think Ford make a big mistake with is shelby delivrery program :banghead::rant::censored:

WHAT PROGRAM?????

Daniel

- Build Date August 4th.

Good Luck

Same with my car(s)

First got delivery date of week of July 3rd delivery, then it got moved two weeks at a time before finally showing up a few weeks ago. Same with 2nd car built a few weeks after first and it just got here a few days ago.

Appears Ford just sticks a date on car that the people from CS tell you then when that date hits they just automatically add a week or two until you actually have it.

Really like both cars but the waiting and promises game was not much fun

• 2 weeks later...

oct 12

no more shipping date from the dealer

they dont know what is happen whit my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shrug::rant: :wacko: :sos:

Daniel,

The dates you have posted correspond closely to my own order. Serialized 9/8; bucked 9/28; built 10/3...

I have a friend with BNSF who made some contacts and the response from his Ford connection said my car was still at the "stripes" shop; not released to railyard yet. Ford estimates that mine should ship tomorrow.... :baby: Maybe yours is near the same schedule???

Hang in there! Everyone who's gotten theirs says it's worth the wait!

Ps. The info Ford was giving to my dealer only said "released from plant". They weren't telling him where it was either.

i am very unhappy

You're kidding, right? I hope you know you got ripped royally! AMVs are ILLEGAL in Canada, period. You shouldn't be paying more than $55K for the car...and I would personally kill the deal, if it were me.

Apparently they'll still try to get away with it if they can. Usually with some 'song and dance' about how "if they tell you up front they're charging over MSRP," it's somehow 'legal'.

Don't believe it. They're breaking Canadian law.

• 2 months later...

like you know deposit may 2006

received the gt 500 october 14 2006 :baby:

1978 klm on the car

now store into the garage

but many problems before :rant:

1) disfunction on the coil pack # 6 we change it :censored:

2) same thing on the coil pack # 7 we change it :censored:

3) burn the generator(alternator) removed and changed :banghead:

4) disfunction with the traction control system(still the rear of the car jumping with or without the TCS :cry:

5) radiator hose uncorrect fixed and leaked :doh:

6) finaly, problem with the computer :redcard:

I hope the car will be correct for the next season

I love it and my wife too

I have all teh winter season to make the mods on it

first: maximum motorsport suspension front/rear(new kit for gt500)

second: exaust and predator tuning, pulley and others things

what do you think about those mods, better suggestions? :idea:

Daniel

like you know deposit may 2006

received the gt 500 october 14 2006 :baby:

1978 klm on the car

now store into the garage

but many problems before :rant:

1) disfunction on the coil pack # 6 we change it :censored:

2) same thing on the coil pack # 7 we change it :censored:

3) burn the generator(alternator) removed and changed :banghead:

4) disfunction with the traction control system(still the rear of the car jumping with or without the TCS :cry:

5) radiator hose uncorrect fixed and leaked :doh:

6) finaly, problem with the computer :redcard:

I hope the car will be correct for the next season

I love it and my wife too

I have all teh winter season to make the mods on it

first: maximum motorsport suspension front/rear(new kit for gt500)

second: exaust and predator tuning, pulley and others things

what do you think about those mods, better suggestions? :idea:

Daniel

Dang, If I had all those problems I wouldn' touch it until the warrentee runs out & then make my mods. that way you are sure all the problems are fixed for long term & it's nothing you did when making mods

dec 17

many problem whit the gt500

1) coil pack

2) coil pack

3) alternator burned

4) coolant leaked on sc

5) TCS problem

now in the garage for the winter

I hope will be corret for the next season

I will upgrade the suspension before add HP on the car

do you have some comments about Maximummotorsport suspension

Maximummotorsports.com

dec 17

many problem whit the gt500

1) coil pack

2) coil pack

3) alternator burned

4) coolant leaked on sc

5) TCS problem

now in the garage for the winter

I hope will be corret for the next season

I will upgrade the suspension before add HP on the car

do you have some comments about Maximummotorsport suspension

Maximummotorsports.com

pics

oooo

You're kidding, right? I hope you know you got ripped royally! AMVs are ILLEGAL in Canada, period. You shouldn't be paying more than $55K for the car...and I would personally kill the deal, if it were me.

Apparently they'll still try to get away with it if they can. Usually with some 'song and dance' about how "if they tell you up front they're charging over MSRP," it's somehow 'legal'.

Don't believe it. They're breaking Canadian law.

What law? :idea: I am in Ontario and no one I have spoken with can find this Law. Do you have a link? Myself and 18 others were charged $5000.00 overe MSRP at our Dealership. :censored::censored:

Archived