TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's your opinion?

cluscher

After waiting a couple of years for prices to come down, I'm looking to buy a car. Price is definitely an issue for me, and I'm wondering what your opinions are about picking up a used '07 with, say, 4K mi. or less for under $40K, vs. buying a new '08 or '09 if I can find a deal around $1K below msrp. Are there any nontable mechanical benefits to owning an '08 or '09, ie. tranny, clutch, crank pulley, vs. any nostalgic benefit in an '07. Also, considering previously titled vs. untitled. Plan to keep the car long term, and I'm guessing the difference in price in a used '07 vs. new will be around $5K or so. Thoughts?

There are some clutch and tranny issues on the 07, and the 07 doesn't have ambient lighting or HID headlights....

Like anything, the building gets better with experience IMO. no difference between 08 and 09 except you can get an 08 w/o sirius radio...

Good luck and get the car that speaks to you!

For clarity and accuracy, all three model years have the flywheel and clutch issue.

After waiting a couple of years for prices to come down, I'm looking to buy a car. Price is definitely an issue for me, and I'm wondering what your opinions are about picking up a used '07 with, say, 4K mi. or less for under $40K, vs. buying a new '08 or '09 if I can find a deal around $1K below msrp. Are there any nontable mechanical benefits to owning an '08 or '09, ie. tranny, clutch, crank pulley, vs. any nostalgic benefit in an '07. Also, considering previously titled vs. untitled. Plan to keep the car long term, and I'm guessing the difference in price in a used '07 vs. new will be around $5K or so. Thoughts?

If you are going used, I would make sure I saved $10K on the car you are describing and look at anything with less than 10K miles since there will be plenty of warantee time left.

$10K below for used is about $35K, and it seems like that's looking for a little much? I found an '07 local, through a dealer, with Shaker 500 and 680 mi. on it. What's a reasonable price for that?

A dealer near me has and ad in the paper for an 08 new every option except nav. Silver and with black stripes $39,999. Thats crazy pricing but dealers need to sell cars I guess.

$10K below for used is about $35K, and it seems like that's looking for a little much? I found an '07 local, through a dealer, with Shaker 500 and 680 mi. on it. What's a reasonable price for that?

You are correct. $10K below for a used 07 will be looking for a little much, unless it has 20k+ miles on it.

For a low mileage 07 you are looking at approx $5k difference from a new 08. For some people $5k is a lot of money and to them that is well worth the savings to buy a used low mileage car over a new one.

To me, I would buy the new one for the extra $5k. I agree with the other poster where I would need to be saving $10k or more to justify buying the used one over a new one. But that is just me. $5k if you are financing is $100 per month on a 60 month loan. That extra $100 could be the difference of whether you could afford the car payment or not.

You also have to take into account for the extra options the 08 and 09 has over the 07 which adds more value along with the price increases they had. That makes a $5k difference even more attractive for the price difference to go with the 08 or 09, especially if you find one for under MSRP. If you offset the cost for the extra options and the price increase you are not really paying much difference to get a new one and one that is a year newer vs a used one.

So in my "opinion" unless I could find a low mileage used one for $35K or less, I would buy a new 08. Especially if the intent is to keep it long term, which I would prefer to be the first owner of record.

If you were financing most of it how much different would it impact you on being able to make a $800 payment for used vs a $900 payment for new?

A dealer near me has and ad in the paper for an 08 new every option except nav. Silver and with black stripes $39,999. Thats crazy pricing but dealers need to sell cars I guess.

Black and Silver would make it an 07'.

What dealer is that?

No matter how bad they need to sell cars, selling them at a major loss does not help them any. It hurts them even more. Did you call to verify if that price is correct? It could have been a misprint?

Does it have the shaker 1000 instead of the nav?

Not black with silver stripes. He said silver with black stripes which would be vapor, not silver.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about SGT's. I shall now remove my head from my arse.

Every option but nav would be $47,255 MSRP

At $39,999 they would be LOSING $3,225

I doubt that is going to happen!

Would that be Veracom Ford in San Mateo?

They show a Vapor coupe.

MSRP $46,200

At $39,999 they would only be taking a $2,302 LOSS on that!

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $42,170

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 820A-SHELBY COUP

P255/45/R18 FRT 285/40R18 R

SHELBY REAR DECKLID SPOILER

SHELBY INTERIOR PACKAGE

OVER-THE-TOP RACING STRIPE

AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M

18" BRIGHT MACHINED ALUM WH

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

VAPOR CLEARCOAT METALLIC

BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

*** GAS GUZZLER TAX *** 1,300

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU

50 STATE EMISSIONS

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

HID HEADLAMPS 525

GT500 PREMIUM TRIM PACKAGE 595

EBONY TAPE STRIPE

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

FULL VEH COVER 375

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 45,455

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $46,200

Hey SD, just a quick derail here, but do you see any 07 SGT's with automatics left in California?

It is showing 8 left with automatics in the entire State

6 White and 2 Black

PM your email if you want the list

Thanks! PM on the way...

Would that be Veracom Ford in San Mateo?

They show a Vapor coupe.

MSRP $46,200

At $39,999 they would only be taking a $2,302 LOSS on that!

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $42,170

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 820A-SHELBY COUP

P255/45/R18 FRT 285/40R18 R

SHELBY REAR DECKLID SPOILER

SHELBY INTERIOR PACKAGE

OVER-THE-TOP RACING STRIPE

AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M

18" BRIGHT MACHINED ALUM WH

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

VAPOR CLEARCOAT METALLIC

BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

*** GAS GUZZLER TAX *** 1,300

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

MUSTANG VPC SHIP THRU

50 STATE EMISSIONS

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

HID HEADLAMPS 525

GT500 PREMIUM TRIM PACKAGE 595

EBONY TAPE STRIPE

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

FULL VEH COVER 375

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 45,455

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $46,200

Yes that is dealer. The add is in the SF chronicle. The add reads One at this price and this is not a MISS PRINT. Says you must finance. I rode buy this morning and it was still there. This is the same car that was in their showroom a few months back for 25k over. The color is Vapor. Trust I was pissed when I saw this. I bought mine 8 weeks ago at MSRP and was happy with the deal at the time from James Ford in Half Moon Bay. I am going to look at sf gate com and see if it is their and will post it.

Yes that is dealer. The add is in the SF chronicle. The add reads One at this price and this is not a MISS PRINT. Says you must finance. I rode buy this morning and it was still there. This is the same car that was in their showroom a few months back for 25k over. The color is Vapor. Trust I was pissed when I saw this. I bought mine 8 weeks ago at MSRP and was happy with the deal at the time from James Ford in Half Moon Bay. I am going to look at sf gate com and see if it is their and will post it.

here you go the add.

post-21530-1220213757_thumb.png

post-21530-1220213757_thumb.png

here you go the add.

Something is wrong here. WHY must you finance through Ford Credit???? There are NO incentives on this car.

It sounds like some idiot applied the incentives to this which are only good on REGULAR mustangs.

A tregular GT MUstang for that zip code shows $1500 Ford Credit Customer Cash + $1500 Retail Customer Cash + $1000 Bonus Customer Cash + $2000 Owner Loyalty.

That is up to $6000 off on REGULAR GT MUSTANGS......Now if they were using these incentives to get to that price then that would make sense, BUT, these incentives are NOT available on GT500!!!

If they have the car there and IF you can really buy it for $39,999 then GO BUY IT NOW!!!!

$39,999 is $2302 below cost!!!

Something is wrong here. WHY must you finance through Ford Credit???? There are NO incentives on this car.

It sounds like some idiot applied the incentives to this which are only good on REGULAR mustangs.

A tregular GT MUstang for that zip code shows $1500 Ford Credit Customer Cash + $1500 Retail Customer Cash + $1000 Bonus Customer Cash + $2000 Owner Loyalty.

That is up to $6000 off on REGULAR GT MUSTANGS......Now if they were using these incentives to get to that price then that would make sense, BUT, these incentives are NOT available on GT500!!!

If they have the car there and IF you can really buy it for $39,999 then GO BUY IT NOW!!!!

$39,999 is $2302 below cost!!!

I already have one or I would jump all over this. If some really wants it PM me and I would be happy to go put a deposit on it for you. The dealer is 5 min from my house. The funny part is how they cannot sell it at msrp and the dealership is in an upper middle class neighborhood. Burlingame and Hillsbrough is some of the most expense real estate in the country.

I already have one or I would jump all over this. If some really wants it PM me and I would be happy to go put a deposit on it for you. The dealer is 5 min from my house. The funny part is how they cannot sell it at msrp and the dealership is in an upper middle class neighborhood. Burlingame and Hillsbrough is some of the most expense real estate in the country.

Went by this afternoon car is GONE. Somebody hit the jackpot on this one.

Archived