TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my brand new "KR" #106

SAMTHEJEEPMAN

I gotta say...I'm VERY anxious to hear how this one turns out...there's something seriously wrong when someone pays six figures for a badly repaired top-of-the-line Shelby Mustang. The dealer should be ashamed.

:lurk:

That is ASSUMING the dealer had knowledge of this. The dealer may not have known. Unless the dealer is the one who had the car repaired or unless who ever did have it repaired....how would the dealer know?

I've seen cars come from the plant with flaws where it looked like they touched up paint which is under the clearcoat. We were never told about the damage. They just send the cars out and don't tell us.

Here is a perfect example!

This is my wife's car. It is a 2005 Mustang. I bought this brand new off our showroom floor.

I posted some pics here before and someone noticed the difference in the color of the front driver's fender. They asked if was repainted. I never noticed it before and I thought it was just the way the sun or something was hitting it or the lense from the camera. But it IS a different shade. This fender was repainted or something and this is exactly the way we got it from Ford. It was never damaged or repainted by us.

Look at the pictures and pay close attention to the front fender and the driver's door. Can you see a difference in the shade of color???

legendlime038.jpg

legendlime036.jpg

legendlime018.jpg

legendlime016.jpg

Thats a pretty big difference in color match, looks to me like the door and quarter were painted and the rest of the car was factory, only because the roof seems to match the hood. You are right, and I have also heard of this happening at the factory, during transport, or at the dealer.

Not what you hope for when you are laying down your hard earned bucks....

FP

Very Nice I love that middle one .

hi all

i know for a fact that the vehicle was damaged while in vegas- and the repair order clearly states "warranty repairs"

so to my knowledge it was not a transportation claim but something that occured at shelby while being built !!!!

not sure what the total of the claim is yet, but i'm working on getting a copy of it from one of the many moles i have contacted.

either way, federal law states that anything over $500.00 has to be disclosed--and it was not on this vehicle.

not sure what "all" was done, but one thing for sure, the car has a re-painted 1/4 panel and paint work to the roof line.

the dealer is being very cooperative with me and will buy it back, but my goal is to have it replaced by ford/shelby or i will take it to court for "treble" damages, and as per my very close lawyer friends, it will be a long case but a slam dunk in my favor

hopefully shelby/ford will step up to the bat quickly

ciao for now

sam

Sam, we don't know anything about your car, so before you spread rumors and start issues, I am closing this. I have already emailed you privately to send photos and all your dealers info. I will check to see if ford sent it to a dealer. We get all our cars fom the rail. If they need repair it is handled by Ford. There is a limit on the damage that can be fixed. Again, answer the private email and be careful what you say and how you say it, because if you accuse us again of doing something we didn't you will certainly hear from our lawyers.

Amy

Archived