TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my brand new "KR" #106

SAMTHEJEEPMAN

well got my new black on black kr in the other day #106.

garage was already for her to fit in between my gt500, 66 cobra and gt(40)

AFTER STARTING MY OWN DETAILING ON THIS 20 MILE BRAND NEW CAR

I FOUND EXTENSIVE BODY WORK HAS BEEN DONE TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CAR.

painted 1/4 panel, roof paint and trim, 1/4 glass removal and or replacement, body filler dust on the interior, clips missing on the weather striping, rear bumper out of alignment etc, etc, etc, etc.

after doing some checking around, shelby sent the car to a ford body shop in vegas to have "warranty" repairs done on it ????????????

paid well over 100,000 for this wreck

just a warning to all you owners and potential owners, check out these KR"s very carefully

sam

painted 1/4 panel, roof paint and trim, 1/4 glass removal and or replacement, body filler dust on the interior, clips missing on the weather striping, rear bumper out of alignment etc, etc, etc, etc.

after doing some checking around, shelby sent the car to a ford body shop in vegas to have "warranty" repairs done on it ????????????

just a warning to all you owners and potential owners, check out these KR"s very carefully

sam

If this was my car I'd be asking alot of questions. The fact that the car was not cleaned up would Piss me off. You can give the car back in most states their is a right of recision for a few days, if you can't live with the damaged new repair.

If this was my car I'd be asking alot of questions. The fact that the car was not cleaned up would Piss me off. You can give the car back in most states their is a right of recision for a few days, if you can't live with the damaged new repair.

thx for the reply

i would and could never live with this car, knowing it had been repaired

i love my cars and take care of them like they are children.

this car is damaged (to what degree i'm not sure of), but i paid for a brand new car not a refinished wreck !!!!!

shelby/ford should have never sold this car to anyone, knowing it had been repainted !!!!!(it is blatant consumer fraud)

as of right now its at the dealership, hopefully ford/shelby will replace it with another(if there are anymore available)

hopefully tuesday, i will get some answers from ford/shelby after they read these posts and the numerous emails i have sent out !!!!!

sam

thx for the reply

this car is damaged (to what degree i'm not sure of), but i paid for a brand new car not a refinished wreck !!!!!

shelby/ford should have never sold this car to anyone, knowing it had been repainted !!!!!(it is blatant consumer fraud)

as of right now its at the dealership, hopefully ford/shelby will replace it with another(if there are anymore available)

hopefully tuesday, i will get some answers from ford/shelby after they read these posts and the numerous emails i have sent out !!!!!

sam

What Ford dealer did you buy the car from? That is your first line of defense. Remember - SAI is only the "finisher" but you bought the car from Ford not SAI.

sam

Call a lawyer.

Take it back.

If they give you any sh*t, call your local TV/Radio/Newspaper consumer protection editors and throw the dealership to the wolves.

Don't take any crap. I've had to do this twice...both with GM cars....and we crucified both dealerships because they were complete jerks about fixing problems (the first car had warped heads from the factory....leaked coolant out of the exhaust!) Both cars were replaced with new cars. The second was a 'Vette. Body damage, pre-delivery. Sort of like yours. Oh...and I'll never buy another GM car as long as I live.

bj

Wow, sorry to hear your story, I would like to hear about how this turns out :lurk:

does not show up on carfax, because the car was not a registered car at the time of what ever happened to it !!!!!

i agree, wonder how long this thread will run, i'm sure shelby is not going to want people to know they sold this car in its present state.

ciao for now

sam

not sure how to insert pictures, just joined this site this morning

sam

ps--if one of you can send me your email, i will send you some pictures and maybe you can insert them for me

Sam,

I got this from another TS Member, MM. It worked for me. Not as hard as it sounds.

Al

The best way to post pictures is to go to photobucket.com and register. Its free. You will chose what pictures you want to upload. After you upload them they will show in a gallery. Beneath the pictures you will check the box. After you check the box. Go to the bottom of that page and click Generate HTML code and IMG code. This will take you to another page. Click on the section that says IMG images for message boards. Just by left clicking in the section will copy them. Then go to where you want to post and right click the mouse and paste them in the post.

not sure how to insert pictures, just joined this site this morning

sam

ps--if one of you can send me your email, i will send you some pictures and maybe you can insert them for me

Here's some directions on how to insert pic's.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9559

does not show up on carfax, because the car was not a registered car at the time of what ever happened to it !!!!!

i agree, wonder how long this thread will run, i'm sure shelby is not going to want people to know they sold this car in its present state.

ciao for now

sam

Go to fordvehicles.com and register the car in your "owners" area. You'll be able to see the first service on the car and SHOULD be able to see the repair date provided that the repairing dealership did the work.

bj

Sam

Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease, don't give up and ask us for help, all our minds are better than one. And try to keep an open mind to ware and when the car got damaged, it may not of happened at Shelby.

if a vehicle has over 1000.00 in damage done to it HAS to BE disclosed!!

and if you find out it has had more than that i would SUE!!!!!!

if it was not disclosed BEFORE you bought it you have a great CASE!!!!

i would demand a REAL copy of the ticket not a doctered one

What States have a 3 day right of recision pertaining to NEW car purchases?

There is no right of recision in our State and to my knowledge any other State.

The 3 day right of recision applies to mostly in home sales. Meaning anyone that comes to your home and sells you something, like a vaccum cleaner, or windows, room additions, etc....those type of things have a 3 day right of recision. Even a second mortgage you take out on your home has a 3 day right of recision. But it does not apply to automobile sales.

If you know of any State that it does, I would like to know which State it is and see the actual statue that makes it a law.

Did your delivery take an unusually long time?? My guess is - KR was built by Shelby, delivered to dealer. Then, some idiot(s) at the dealership drove and wrecked the car - they had it repaired, quickly and poorly - then sold you your car. Whatever really happen, what an absolute shame that people would treat customers like this. They should get all the punishment due them.

thx for the reply

sam

You would be surprised how many cars end up having some degree of body damage repaired before they are delivered to dealerships and in some cases that come into the dealership damaged from the transport company. In most cases these cars get repaired and consumers never know about it.

We have a Mitsubishi plant by us. They send us all their cars that get damaged at their plant. Our body shop fixes them. Whether any of these repairs are ever disclosed to dealerships or customers I do not know, but somehow I doubt it. I think most if not all are shipped out to dealers and no one is ever told anything.

Did your delivery take an unusually long time?? My guess is - KR was built by Shelby, delivered to dealer. Then, some idiot(s) at the dealership drove and wrecked the car - they had it repaired, quickly and poorly - then sold you your car. Whatever really happen, what an absolute shame that people would treat customers like this. They should get all the punishment due them.

I think he said he learned the car was delivered to SAI and shipped to a local dealer there to have repairs done it. That would mean it was either damaged when it was delivered to SAI or it ended up getting damaged at SAI and shipped to a local dealer to get repaired. My guess would be it was damaged during shipping and when the car was delivered they caught the damage and had the car repaired at a local dealer before SAI ever did anything to it.

I have seen some OASIS reports on SGT's that showed they were sent to local Ford dealers in Vegas to have body damage repaired on them. This is not uncommon. The question is, how much damage was actually done?

So from the time the car is built to the time it is delivered to the customer there are several places damage could occur. One would be while in production at Ford. It could get damaged at Ford which will get repaired before being shipped. Then it could get damaged during shipping at some point. Loading and unloading from the train, while being stored in a shipping yard waiting for a truck to pick it up, loading or unloading or during shipping from the transport company, or while at sitting at SAI, or while sitting at a dealership prior to being sold.

If while at Ford then Ford pays to have it fixed. If during shipping and caught at the time it is delivered, the transport company pays for the repair. If at SAI then SAI would pay for the repair. If at a dealership the dealership pays or if the dealer did not catch the damage at time of delivery the dealer gets stuck with paying for the repair.

There are many points along the way that a car can end up being damaged. So don't be so quick to just blame it on someone at the dealership taking it for a joyride.

I think he said he learned the car was delivered to SAI and shipped to a local dealer there to have repairs done it. That would mean it was either damaged when it was delivered to SAI or it ended up getting damaged at SAI and shipped to a local dealer to get repaired. My guess would be it was damaged during shipping and when the car was delivered they caught the damage and had the car repaired at a local dealer before SAI ever did anything to it.

I have seen some OASIS reports on SGT's that showed they were sent to local Ford dealers in Vegas to have body damage repaired on them. This is not uncommon. The question is, how much damage was actually done?

So from the time the car is built to the time it is delivered to the customer there are several places damage could occur. One would be while in production at Ford. It could get damaged at Ford which will get repaired before being shipped. Then it could get damaged during shipping at some point. Loading and unloading from the train, while being stored in a shipping yard waiting for a truck to pick it up, loading or unloading or during shipping from the transport company, or while at sitting at SAI, or while sitting at a dealership prior to being sold.

If while at Ford then Ford pays to have it fixed. If during shipping and caught at the time it is delivered, the transport company pays for the repair. If at SAI then SAI would pay for the repair. If at a dealership the dealership pays or if the dealer did not catch the damage at time of delivery the dealer gets stuck with paying for the repair.

There are many points along the way that a car can end up being damaged. So don't be so quick to just blame it on someone at the dealership taking it for a joyride.

Like I said, it was a guess - based on how many and numerous stories I've heard of dealership joyride damage (including my own experiences) - but you're absolutely right, it could have happened during any of the points along the way that you mentioned.

Archived