TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR #53's trip to Vegas 2800 mile round trip

68S08KR

My wife and i have just returned from our trip to Vegas in the KR. The car now has over 5300 miles on it and due for another oil change, We drove out west through Colorado,Utah,Arizona,and then into Nevada ,we left Monday morning stopped at Green River(when we left the super 8 tue. morning we watched a semi drive into the side of a guest's parked Mits. 3000GT<RR wheel, q-panel was toast, Not drivable!! OUCH!!!! very glad it wasn't us!!) the first nite then on to Nevada, on the way through Utah a late model trans am ws6 tried to challenge me but lost badly 10 to 12 lengths or more from 80mph up to 100+mph then we slowed back down and let him drive away, we both waved and smiled at each other and then he drove past and kept going! I don't think he knew what i was driving!! In southern Utah we saw a what looked like a Shelby patrol car white/gray stripes, hood scoop, with lites mounted inside above the dash only, no ID anywhere on the outside, he was with a customer and I stopped quick on the opposite side of the interstate and took a picture, I waved and he waved back and I drove on!! We met a real nice officer/guard (ask for Frank another very nice guy!!) at the Imperial Hotel and i asked him about the Shelby cop car, he knew the LEO and said its a seizure car!! WE got a lot of looks from people while driving down the interstate and also saw 4 people trying to take cell phone pictures!! we also let a young couple with a little girl named Shelby (2yr old) take her picture in the car at the gas station across the street west of the Shelby factory, we met them while filling up the car and the Mom is a ford car nut and her Dad promised her he would buy her baby a Shelby if she named their girl Shelby, now he says he is going to drive it the first 16 yrs himself then give it to her!! Mom said she will take it any way she can get it!!! We went to the Hoover Dam on Wednesday then to Jubilee in pm, gambled later, Thursday we went on the tour of the Shelby factory,afterwards the 2 guys that built our car came out and signed the car in the trunk on the left hand side below the trunk seal!! they also realized they forgot to put the rubber seal on the rear of the Hood and went back in and came back with the seal and installed it !! We then went to eat lunch at the Shelby cafe, while waiting for our order( I had the King of the Road Burger) i saw 2 guys walk up and look at the car and then they came in and asked if it was our car! The one guy introduced himself as Keith Belair- Chief Financial Officer of SAI I ended up having him sign the LH visor of the car and he also let me have a Shelby Cafe menu!!! VERY NICE PEOPLE THAT WORK AT SAI!!!!!!!! VERY GENEROUS AND GIVING !!! Thanks Kieth! THANKS for Lunch also!! also a BIG THANKS to our Builders 2 VERY NICE GUYS ALSO!!!!post-21594-1220159262_thumb.jpgpost-21594-1220159292_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159360_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159404_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159262_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159292_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159360_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1220159404_thumb.jpg

I didn't get csm#s, the black car looks like a SS, the 2 blue sgt verts, the one on the left has holes in the lower grill for brake ducts,you can't see them in the pictures, the GT-H (rental) was there for the tour, i think the family was from Australia The white car, I'm not sure if its was a real Shelby or not? it looked like one! Anyone know of this patrol car located in southern Utah? I can't make out numbers on lower front fender! It does have the GT badge though! 2 KR's side by side, 3 KR's back lot

Archived