TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Material hold??

oriosmit

Hey guys, I enjoy reading al the good info that is posted and I learn quite a bit from it too. Thing is I'm confused as to what my dealer is meaning when they tell me Material Hold. I'm the 2nd guy at the dealer the number 1 guy got his car in July. Thanks for any info

Hey guys, I enjoy reading al the good info that is posted and I learn quite a bit from it too. Thing is I'm confused as to what my dealer is meaning when they tell me Material Hold. I'm the 2nd guy at the dealer the number 1 guy got his car in July. Thanks for any info

"Material Hold" is basically a place holder. All orders that Ford is not ready to pull are placed on MH. Once they get to your order, you'll be taken off MH and a VIN and build date will be assigned.

I placed my order in March, and I'm still on Material Hold. Welcome to the club! It's a frustrating place to be.

"Material Hold" is basically a place holder. All orders that Ford is not ready to pull are placed on MH. Once they get to your order, you'll be taken off MH and a VIN and build date will be assigned.

I placed my order in March, and I'm still on Material Hold. Welcome to the club! It's a frustrating place to be.

You should give a call to your regional rep. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but as soon as I called mine, things started to happen in a big way. Called rep on 08/22 ,vin assigned 8/24, vehicle produced 9/07, delivered to dealer 9/24

You should give a call to your regional rep. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but as soon as I called mine, things started to happen in a big way. Called rep on 08/22 ,vin assigned 8/24, vehicle produced 9/07, delivered to dealer 9/24

Ok would love to. How do I find the regional rep number?? I've been om order since Febuary I wanna say. I'm located in the Eastern Twin Cities Minnesota. Thanks

Yeah I would like to know how to get the rep too. I'm in NJ

Not sure where each of you are located, but I called my Ford Market Reresentative @ 866-631-3788. Now although they are for the California region, my guess is that they should be able to get you to the right place.

So how do you go about finding out the extension of the rep you want to talk with? I called and couldn't get anywhere and zero for the operator didn't work either.

So how do you go about finding out the extension of the rep you want to talk with? I called and couldn't get anywhere and zero for the operator didn't work either.

try ext 7225 - her name is JoLynn and she is one the California Market Reps. Tell her that you must of misdialed or something and ask that she give you the extension of the proper rep.

try ext 7225 - her name is JoLynn and she is one the California Market Reps. Tell her that you must of misdialed or something and ask that she give you the extension of the proper rep.

Jo is probably the one I want to speak with since I am in CA as well. Just tried calling but got her voice mail. I'm not sure how I want to phrase a message so I hung up and figured I would call back later. All I could think of for my message was "Hi my name is X and I was wondering if you can tell me where my car is." How did your conversation start/go awatters? Anything in particular that I should be asking?

I got ahold of my regional rep. She called me up today left a voice mail. She tells me that MH doesn't mean anything is wrong with the order (already knew that) it just means that Ford hasn't pulled it yet to produce. Yeah yeah yeah. Anyway.....she tells me that tenatively my car is scheduled to be built next FEBUARY or MARCH!!!!!!! WTF?? So I get to wait over a year after I place the order? Come on. There's gotta be something that can be done!? :banghead::sos:

I got ahold of my regional rep. She called me up today left a voice mail. She tells me that MH doesn't mean anything is wrong with the order (already knew that) it just means that Ford hasn't pulled it yet to produce. Yeah yeah yeah. Anyway.....she tells me that tenatively my car is scheduled to be built next FEBUARY or MARCH!!!!!!! WTF?? So I get to wait over a year after I place the order? Come on. There's gotta be something that can be done!? :banghead::sos:

I feel for you, oriosmit. It's looking like my expected build is 2nd quarter, 2007. (i.e. Between April and June 2007). I placed my order in March 2006. People are going to be taking delivery of 2008 models before I get my 2007. :banghead:

Archived