TEAM SHELBY FORUM

swapping speedo faceplates

smoothy

This isn't a GT500 specific question, but hoping someone here can answer it...

I bought my car in the US and am in the middle of having it 'Canadianized' to pass the RIV safety. I have a km/h faceplate on order to replace the mph (not required, but I think it'll look nicer than using government issued stickers). The dealer told me 3 hours of labour, plus a re-calibration. My local garage said about 1 hour, no calibration necessary. Question: as the faceplates are notched the same (60mph lines up with 100km/h, etc.) is calibration actually necessary, seeing as the needle needs to be taken out then remounted?

This isn't a GT500 specific question, but hoping someone here can answer it...

I bought my car in the US and am in the middle of having it 'Canadianized' to pass the RIV safety. I have a km/h faceplate on order to replace the mph (not required, but I think it'll look nicer than using government issued stickers). The dealer told me 3 hours of labour, plus a re-calibration. My local garage said about 1 hour, no calibration necessary. Question: as the faceplates are notched the same (60mph lines up with 100km/h, etc.) is calibration actually necessary, seeing as the needle needs to be taken out then remounted?

I can't answer your specific question Smoothy. However, as long as the Speedo has kilometers on it there is no reason for your Inspection Station, Crappy Tire, to place the 'government issued stickers' onto your dash.

By the way, in case you didn't know, your RIV Fee covers the cost of the Federal Inspection at any CT or authorized location on the attached list.

You'll only have to get the Daytime Running Lights activated to pass the Inspection. New Mustangs use the SJB (smart junction box) to which they plug in the MMI to Choose DRLs. No relay necessary. My Dealer charged me $35 plus tax. Save Your Money!

I can't answer your specific question Smoothy. However, as long as the Speedo has kilometers on it there is no reason for your Inspection Station, Crappy Tire, to place the 'government issued stickers' onto your dash.

By the way, in case you didn't know, your RIV Fee covers the cost of the Federal Inspection at any CT or authorized location on the attached list.

You'll only have to get the Daytime Running Lights activated to pass the Inspection. New Mustangs use the SJB (smart junction box) to which they plug in the MMI to Choose DRLs. No relay necessary. My Dealer charged me $35 plus tax. Save Your Money!

Sadly, Saleen doen't put secondary speed markings on the speedo, so its stickers or a new plate :( Also, the Saleen has HID headlights so I'm not sure what they did with the wiring, if they use the same junction box, or bypass it. I'm not even sure if you can under-voltage HID bulbs (the car doesnt even have seperate high beams- it uses one bulb with a shifting mirror for high)

Archived