TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm going after my Front end RUST

Grabber

I looked under my SGT while it was getting an oil change, and it looks just like that. The service manager said that all model mustangs do this.

Guess I got the only pristine one, Chris. Of course, it has never been where it is wet or salty. It was made in the summer of 2007, shipped to Las Vegas and then to San Diego.

Jim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess I got the only pristine one, Chris. Of course, it has never been where it is wet or salty. It was made in the summer of 2007, shipped to Las Vegas and then to San Diego.

Jim

Jim,

I wish we all could live in "God's Country". LOL But, I wouldn't trade your rust-free rear end :hysterical: for my IUP!!! :lol::dance:

Jim,

I wish we all could live in "God's Country". LOL But, I wouldn't trade your rust-free rear end :hysterical: for my IUP!!! :lol::dance:

Hey, Wise Guy (I say that with a smile), I will have you know that, after you were here in San Diego visiting, I had the IUP installed, along with Roger's IUP steering wheel. So, now, it is beautiful, right along with the weather. B)

Jim

Hey, Wise Guy, I will have you know that, after you were here in San Diego visiting, I had the IUP installed, along with Roger's IUP steering wheel. So, now, it is beautiful, right along with the weather. B)

Jim

Bahahahaha!!!! Good to know. Now I really have good weather envy, as yesterday we had 4-7 inches of rain.

11_12_rain.jpg

Jim

I took delivery in July 2007, looked and didn't see any rust on the axle. Looked again in October and saw signs of rust forming on the axle; painted it a few weeks later. I live in Phoenix and the car has never seen rain. I believe by washing the car it served to accelerate the corrosion. I have also read a post by a Ford empoyee that indicated the axles are already rusting when they're installed at the factory.

• 6 months later...
I took delivery in July 2007, looked and didn't see any rust on the axle. Looked again in October and saw signs of rust forming on the axle; painted it a few weeks later. I live in Phoenix and the car has never seen rain. I believe by washing the car it served to accelerate the corrosion. I have also read a post by a Ford empoyee that indicated the axles are already rusting when they're installed at the factory.

Yep they all do it. The front too.

These are my 2 favorite photos from today. You could eat off of my wheel well. :hysterical:

Passengers side:

FrontendRustRepair-GT500045.jpg

Drivers side:

FrontendRustRepair-GT500018.jpg

Okay I am sure this is a stupid question but are you using a electronic rust control mudule?? and if so do you find it has helped a little?? Is your garage climate controlled?

Okay I am sure this is a stupid question but are you using a electronic rust control mudule?? and if so do you find it has helped a little?? Is your garage climate controlled?

No to both questions.

I do store my car in a bubble in the winter but it is not climate controlled.

Chuck,

On top of the sissors jack I have a piece of thick felt that has a sticky surface on one side to keep it on the jack. They come in a pack at the hardware store.

I used to use wood blocks on the jack stands but I now use small poly blocks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived