TEAM SHELBY FORUM

List of authorized repair centers for warranty work?

StratGirl

Is there a list someplace of SAI approved body shops? I heard that you can't go to just any repair place, because if you need to order Shelby parts, SAI will only send them to an authorized dealer and/or repair center.

I need my hoodscoop replaced, but the dealer I bought my Shelby through closed their body shop, and doesn't have any recommendations for me. So now I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Is there a list someplace of SAI approved body shops? I heard that you can't go to just any repair place, because if you need to order Shelby parts, SAI will only send them to an authorized dealer and/or repair center.

I need my hoodscoop replaced, but the dealer I bought my Shelby through closed their body shop, and doesn't have any recommendations for me. So now I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Yeah, wait until they get the absolute final fix before getting your hood scoop replaced....Any Ford dealer should be able to get it done for you for sure, but you might want to call SAI and ask about any other body shops...

I thought they just came out with the final hood scoop fix? :headscratch:

They are still testing...someone leaked a few pics out and stirred things up, but SAI will make a formal announcement when the final fix is ready for release...so keep waiting patiently...

They are still testing...someone leaked a few pics out and stirred things up, but SAI will make a formal announcement when the final fix is ready for release...so keep waiting patiently...

DIFFERENT answer than what SAI told me....

Also SAI WILL NOT recommend any shops. I have asked several times to SAI and been told to check with my dealer. My dealer has also asked SAI and FRRP and you are on your own finding a good shop....

A fellow (sister) Lawn Guylander?!

Try Sayville Ford's body shop, Strat Girl. They did well by me after an initial misunderstanding. They replaced the stripes as well as the hood scoop. Ask for Kerry. They are a block off of Vet's Higway, a mile or two West of the airport.

Kevin

There is no such thing as a "SAI approved body shop", discuss options with your dealer and select the best body shop in town. It's rare to find a dealer's body shop on par with the many good independents out there and your dealer, like most, will just subcontract the work out to them, which is allowed.

A fellow (sister) Lawn Guylander?!

Try Sayville Ford's body shop, Strat Girl. They did well by me after an initial misunderstanding. They replaced the stripes as well as the hood scoop. Ask for Kerry. They are a block off of Vet's Higway, a mile or two West of the airport.

Kevin

Trust me Kevin, her and I know all about Sayville Ford. And btw the body shop is closed and they are farming out a lot of their work. I know first hand.

BTW! They give you any trouble, find a different dealer!

Trust me Kevin, her and I know all about Sayville Ford. And btw the body shop is closed and they are farming out a lot of their work. I know first hand.

Wow, when did that happen? Shows you what I know......I guess I last dealt with them in the late Spring of this year.

While they didn't do well by me the first time around, they did make amends and were very professional and courteous about it, too. Ultimately, I was pleased with their work.

That said, the previous advice about waiting for the "final fix" is possibly well heeded. While Sayville did everything by the book, the inherent problems with the new(est) scoop mushing up the new(est) stripes is still there.

Kevin

Yea, I was pretty sure that Amy or someone said someplace that the final hood scoop fix just came out. I'm eager to get one installed before winter comes.

Yea, major issues over at Sayville ford. I don't want to badmouth them on a public forum, but PM me if you want some horror stories. I think i'll see if they'll at least be willing to order me the scoop when it comes in, and then I'll take it to my own body guy for the work. Guess that's the only solution right now. It's pretty crappy spending this much money on a car and feeling like i'm left on my own when it comes to getting anything done.

Yea, I was pretty sure that Amy or someone said someplace that the final hood scoop fix just came out. I'm eager to get one installed before winter comes.

Yea, major issues over at Sayville ford. I don't want to badmouth them on a public forum, but PM me if you want some horror stories. I think i'll see if they'll at least be willing to order me the scoop when it comes in, and then I'll take it to my own body guy for the work. Guess that's the only solution right now. It's pretty crappy spending this much money on a car and feeling like i'm left on my own when it comes to getting anything done.

If you like a great body shop he's located on staten island, NY he's been doing my work for years. His body guy who also does the spraying is incredible. One morning half a sleep after doing 16hrs I ran my whole left side of my brand new highlander down a yellow pillar crease and a nice stripe. They fixed it and the trunck was dark blue, you would never know it was damaged. After that got them 5 jobs out of my job. When I traded it in and the body guy came out he never noticed but, I told him and he didn't believe me so he called allstate for the claim report and they sent my body shop work. That's Ray Cantena dealership also really nice guys. They have fixed alot of my cars never had a dealership catch there work. Let me know if you like the info the only thing that's in a shit part of S.I but the owner is retired NYC santation and both son are F.D and they all work there hands on. The pct that covers that area is always on high alert they are well liked and they do alot highend cars and celebrities. He's on regular suburban block and the block likes him and there's 24hr towing and dispatcher so someone is always there. Oh and One mean dirty dog that they use a monster chain during the day I'm sure you get it.

Sorry if, I rambled on blame the pain killers that only fog my mind and not pain in my body

Racerx out

Archived