TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looky what I just found

Does it fit over the OEM one, or do you have to remove & replace?

dunno, just found it. I know the other plain addon billet rear emblem trim ring had some restrictions as to which rear emblems it would work with or not...

edit - the 2008 SPP (downloadable) catalog, but not the SPP webstore, states below the trunk lock emblems CS, CS SC, and SGT Cobra

"Note: will not fit 5R3Z 6342528 AL" which is the plain version trim ring

Does anyone know if there any restrictions with the new SHELBY trim ring?

Thanks again!!!

How many times do you need to shout "Shelby". It's in chrome letters just 4 inches above the faux gas cap!

I totally agree LuLu. But, then again to each his own and thats whats great about the mustang, so many different items, maybe too many.

How many times do you need to shout "Shelby". It's in chrome letters just 4 inches above the faux gas cap!

+1

The whole label everything "Shelby" is getting ridiculous. Seriously this item I don't need, I have the name "Shelby" 7 inches higher up on the car and again on the berg cap within the ring. We're getting dangerously close to ruining the simplicity and elegance of this car with all this stuff, IMHO!!! Heck, even Ford only has their name on the car once!

Tell ya what though...I do need a steering wheel cap! :headscratch:

Hello?

<<crickets>>

Anyone there?

:cry:

+1

The whole label everything "Shelby" is getting ridiculous. Seriously this item I don't need, I have the name "Shelby" 7 inches higher up on the car and again on the berg cap within the ring. We're getting dangerously close to ruining the simplicity and elegance of this car with all this stuff, IMHO!!! Heck, even Ford only has their name on the car once!

Hello?

<<crickets>>

Anyone there?

Yeah-I think this piece is a pass for me. I actually wish the ring said "powered by Ford" around the outside rather than just Ford, but I'm sticking with the Ford logo (it looks REALLY cool with the Berg cap in it!)

+1

Hello?

<<crickets>>

Anyone there?

We're not getting a steering wheel cap....because SAI is a manufacturer and they would have to test the steering wheel with the new cap on there on the air bag...good information...we're going to have to come up with it on our own... :cry::cry::cry:

+1

Hello?

<<crickets>>

Anyone there?

Jeff - I agree with you 100%! If Amy and Carroll don't watch out he'll lose his mistique and legacy of the Shelby Mustang. I hate to say this but it started with the SGT being only 19 HP more than the Mustang GT. Now all the cloner crap is coming out, like this gas cap it's a cloner specia! I love my car a lot and I would hate to lose it's mistique.

Just an FYI. 2007 GT500's are bringing $40K++ now. A dealer would take one in for about $34-38K hard money, no bullsh*t. That is why most guys are just hanging on to them because they are back-a-book big time (car lingo) and they'll only recoup there investment by keeping it in the garage. Deals are to be had right now on SGT's and GT500's.

When I was looking for mine a dealer I spoke to tried VERY hard to get me to buy a 500.

I agree with the "Over-Shelby" however I did get my gas insert today and that thing is COOL looking! I took out my CS floor mats and wrapped them up and put in Pony floormats. There's a fine line between where teh Mustang ends and the Shelby begins.....

Which brings up a nagging question i've had recently.... The Powered By Ford on the fender. Is this to imply that this car is actually a "Shelby" and "powered" by Ford as opposed to a Ford Mustang accessorized by Shelby? In my mind, it almost seems as that the previous is the correct assumption. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Historical relevance?

Which brings up a nagging question i've had recently.... The Powered By Ford on the fender. Is this to imply that this car is actually a "Shelby" and "powered" by Ford as opposed to a Ford Mustang accessorized by Shelby? In my mind, it almost seems as that the previous is the correct assumption. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Historical relevance?

A Powered By Ford emblem was used on the original Cobra which started out as an AC sports car with a Ford small block V8. I think of my Shelby GT as a Ford Mustang modified by Shelby which makes it a "Shelby". It is Powered By Ford so the updated emblem makes a good replacement for the GT fender emblem.

A Powered By Ford emblem was used on the original Cobra which started out as an AC sports car with a Ford small block V8. I think of my Shelby GT as a Ford Mustang modified by Shelby which makes it a "Shelby". It is Powered By Ford so the updated emblem makes a good replacement for the GT fender emblem.

Yes. Both the Powered By Ford emblems and the faux hood scoop are straight from the Shelby Cobra Roadster and the scoop from the supercharged 427 Shelby Cobra if I am not mistaken. It was a subtle and stealthy way of proclaiming the Shelby GT's Cobra bloodline without using the COBRA logo or emblem straight from SAI.

Jeff - I agree with you 100%! If Amy and Carroll don't watch out he'll lose his mistique and legacy of the Shelby Mustang. I hate to say this but it started with the SGT being only 19 HP more than the Mustang GT. Now all the cloner crap is coming out, like this gas cap it's a cloner specia! I love my car a lot and I would hate to lose it's mistique.

Just an FYI. 2007 GT500's are bringing $40K++ now. A dealer would take one in for about $34-38K hard money, no bullsh*t. That is why most guys are just hanging on to them because they are back-a-book big time (car lingo) and they'll only recoup there investment by keeping it in the garage. Deals are to be had right now on SGT's and GT500's.

Dealer here in Odessa, TX has a 2008 GT500 that has 6K miles on it and they are only asking 54K for it...He said the markup is still going strong here...wasn't on the SGT but it is apparently on the GT500...I'll wait on a GT500 until they are going for a little cheaper or MSRP at least...

Yep, and i like the factory one from Ford. Lets see... it says Shelby on the trunk and GT on the factory faux gas cap.

Hey! if i'm not mistaken i think that's what this car is, a Shelby GT!

Dealer here in Odessa, TX has a 2008 GT500 that has 6K miles on it and they are only asking 54K for it...He said the markup is still going strong here...wasn't on the SGT but it is apparently on the GT500...I'll wait on a GT500 until they are going for a little cheaper or MSRP at least...

Kunes Ford in Antiock IL has an 08 GT500, willing to take $500 UNDEr sticker.

Thank you!!

Shelby - Shelby GT - Shelby....

Thank you!!

Shelby - Shelby GT - Shelby....

It won't have Shelby 3 times if like me you use are using a different faux fuel door/trunk lock emblem such as the stock GT, CS, CS SC, or Ford Racing Tiffany Cobra. I chose to go with the Tiff Cobra which along with the billet trim ring brings a unique look and does not say Shelby 3 times like so many are worried about. For what it's worth it also matches the Razor wheel and hubcaps. I bought the SGT Cobra cap since it was a limited (owner's only) option but I prefer the looks of the Tiff Cobra as that is what was on the rear of the 68 Shelby convertibles.

If I remember correctly, the members of the old forum debated this topic then asked Amy for this ring to compliment the "Berg" cap. SAI listened and responded. It may not be for everyone but for those who requested this, it is now avaliable.

Roger

If I remember correctly, the members of the old forum debated this topic then asked Amy for this ring to compliment the "Berg" cap. SAI listened and responded. It may not be for everyone but for those who requested this, it is now avaliable.

Roger

It's like the other options: wheels, paint colors, transmissions, coupe or vert, stripes or no stripes, etc. Not everyone will like the same options. For me, I like the ring and will proudly slap it on the rear of my SGT. Thanks again Shelby! :salute:

Slightly off topic...but related trivia question to the number of times Shelby is mentioned on the back of the car.

Without looking, how many times is Shelby spelled out or the letter "S" used as an intial for "Shelby" on the SGT dash plaque?

7 times. Shelby written out 4 times, "S" for Shelby 3 times/

Guest markham51
I'm with Mac as well. Too many Shelby designations and the car starts to be come a caricature of itself.

Anyone ever seen a Roush that's completely "Roushed-out" and though to themselves...hm, that's pretty tacky?

Mods are always a personal thing. Personally...less is more. At some point a car can look "pimped". I wish the new SS had fewer adornments than it has or in some cases i wish the Shelby logo was more subtle (eg. headrests)

Archived