TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Like my 2yo little girl says....

My oldest son was about 3 when I sold my last MG, the only car he'd ever ridden in much. I looked at this sweet little 68 fastback Mustang and he turned it down cold. "Top don't go down, daddy." Made my mind up for me! He's now 26 and can't wait to come home to test drive my new baby!

My oldest son was about 3 when I sold my last MG, the only car he'd ever ridden in much. I looked at this sweet little 68 fastback Mustang and he turned it down cold. "Top don't go down, daddy." Made my mind up for me! He's now 26 and can't wait to come home to test drive my new baby!

These stories are great. I hope others will chime in and share their special moments.

I took my 4yr old lil' guy for a spin when i 1st got the car. I went through the gears (1-4) slightly aggressive and i heard this from the back seat: "Daddy, my stomach feels funny".........lol, welcome to g force kid!!

My 4yo niece calls them "Unca's snake cars". My daughter Shelby just screams. Haven't figured out if it's in terror or joy yet. She is only 12 days old after all :hysterical:

MY SON IS 18 TEEN AND ALREADY KNOWS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ON HIS

MIND SINCE MY 08 GT500 VERT CAME HOME.

SORRY THE KEYS ARE LOCKED IN THE SAFE !!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

KEYS ARE IN THE IGNITION.

SEE YA SON !!! OH WELL IT'S INSURED

:shift::shift::shift:

My 4yr old refers to my cars in order of speed. Slow, Fast, Fastest. And when we're in the 500 she's always in the back screaming "GO FASTER, GO FASTER DAD!!" Definately going to have to hide the keys and set the gov. real low. Thinking 25 mpg. My 5 month just sits in the back and laughs until the rumble of the exhuast puts him to sleep.

I just thought of something. Everytime i start the car, my kids come flying out of the house to see what Dad is doing. With the SLP's installed, the car has a nice growl at start up. This reminds me of myself when i was young. My dad had a 1960 Impala that he drag raced with. The car was gutted and had only 1 seat inside. He had a 409 in it and when he fired that thing up, you came running! I'd be down the block and hear it and I just ran home. My kids are acting the same way now....lol

My teenagers will not drive this car until they have enough life experience to understand how long it took daddy to be able to purchase a car like this. I think maybe in their early 30's. That being said, the acceleration and lateral G's they have experienced with dad have them addicted. They love it! My daughter calls other muscle cars "Girly cars"! If it doesn't have the Snakes it just won't cut it!

I tell my seven and twelve year old boys that the car is their little sister named Shelby and they should always be nice to her. Whenever the wife asks them if Daddy drives too fast when they are in the car, they are smart enough to say no. I actually caught my seven year old sleeping in the back after only ten minutes in the car. :headscratch: It may be time for some mods. :burnout:

Archived