TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will there be a 2010 Shelby?

RWH129

Like was stated earlier, the Ford - Shelby agreement was signed for 6 more years. Carroll will be 91 in 2014 when the current agreement ends. However, Mr. Shelby also says that he wants to "keep making cars with his name on them" and for people to continue to give to the Children's Foundation. Lord willing, we will see Shelby automobiles for a many years thereafter as well.

Like was stated earlier, the Ford - Shelby agreement was signed for 6 more years. Carroll will be 91 in 2014 when the current agreement ends. However, Mr. Shelby also says that he wants to "keep making cars with his name on them" and for people to continue to give to the Children's Foundation. Lord willing, we will see Shelby automobiles for a many years thereafter as well.

Shelby has the same contract as Roush has. Shelby is only going to have what ford decides to build to work with. What I belive is ford will build a 5.0 cobra and Shelby will mod it to a gt350.

When Shelby passes on what's the point really to continue on building shelbys they are no longer a true Shelby. It's Sort of like when Pontiac slapped a GTO emblem on a sunfire it doesn't work.

Shelby has the same contract as Roush has. Shelby is only going to have what ford decides to build to work with. What I belive is ford will build a 5.0 cobra and Shelby will mod it to a gt350.

When Shelby passes on what's the point really to continue on building shelbys they are no longer a true Shelby. It's Sort of like when Pontiac slapped a GTO emblem on a sunfire it doesn't work.

I completely agree that the new GTO, while an outstanding performer at 400hp, looked nothing like a GTO. I disagree though about the future of Shelby. As long as the cars are built in the true Shelby spirit: keeping building the Cobra roadsters. Keep building upfitted sport cars by shedding weight, improving the suspension, ride and handling, giving the engine some more punch, improving the brakes, and top it off with looks to kill - the Shelby nameplate should go on forever.

Disagree. People thought the same when Enzo died in the 80s but the Ferrari brand and cars are as strong as ever.

I do think we will see more powerful versions of the GT 500 and that will be sure to annoy the people who bought their GT500s as invesments....

Disagree. People thought the same when Enzo died in the 80s but the Ferrari brand and cars are as strong as ever.

I do think we will see more powerful versions of the GT 500 and that will be sure to annoy the people who bought their GT500s as invesments....

And some that baught them with the idea of exclusive production...........

For those who will be attending the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, don't forget to bring your camera.

:shades:

Archived