TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will there be a 2010 Shelby?

RWH129

Yes, no, maybe.

Carroll Shelby signed a 6 year extension with ford & when I was in Detroit for the Woodward dream cruise I was one of a few who got to view the new 2010 Mustang & one of the questions asked was .... will their be a 2010 Shelby & the answer was YES! :happy feet: My guess is you will see a GT650 or GT350R in limited numbers

Any pics of the 2010 available yet. Really would like to see one, V6, GT, or GT500.

Although some TS members saw one at SAAC 33, it's offical debut will occur in November at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Carroll Shelby signed a 6 year extension with ford & when I was in Detroit for the Woodward dream cruise I was one of a few who got to view the new 2010 Mustang & one of the questions asked was .... will their be a 2010 Shelby & the answer was YES! :happy feet: My guess is you will see a GT650 or GT350R in limited numbers

GT650...like in 650HP??? I like that idea! :happy feet:

SAI extended the SS package to the 09's and there is the 09-KR's. Why won't there be a 2010 GT500? As long as the dealers can sell them, probably see more MSRP deals and maybe below MSRP in the ladder part of 2010. Ford/SAI stopped production of the SGT leaving the door open for a production GT350, with SAI offer upfit packages for it. Mr. Shelby talked about a light weight two seater with a V6 turbo. Ford's producing TT engines and Evo building TT's, my guess we may see a Shelby Turbo package in the not so distant future. Big gains with smaller engines running on pump gas. Maybe even a new Shelby Cobra, with 6 more years of Ford/Shelby alot can happen. :drool:

CWHR, take a look at this

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/news/article.php?id=16

I wouldn't mind a stop of the GT500's. At the same time I'm excited to see what's to come. I want them to keep making Shelby, but just not the 500s. I think a good idea for Ford would to be quit the GT500's since sales are dropping, take a year off making Shelby's (No offence Amy and Mr. Shelby, but there's enough 07, 08, 09s out there to cover the 2010 model year with the ADMs and lack of sales.), build up the suspence and come out with a new GT350. There's still Shelby GTs on lots. People aren't going to want to pay the high prices when there's a ton still sitting on the lots. So let the inventory thin out and then come back with a big bow-tie suck punch. :happy feet:

SAI extended the SS package to the 09's and there is the 09-KR's. Why won't there be a 2010 GT500? As long as the dealers can sell them, probably see more MSRP deals and maybe below MSRP in the ladder part of 2010. Ford/SAI stopped production of the SGT leaving the door open for a production GT350, with SAI offer upfit packages for it. Mr. Shelby talked about a light weight two seater with a V6 turbo. Ford's producing TT engines and Evo building TT's, my guess we may see a Shelby Turbo package in the not so distant future. Big gains with smaller engines running on pump gas. Maybe even a new Shelby Cobra, with 6 more years of Ford/Shelby alot can happen. :drool:

CWHR, take a look at this

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/news/article.php?id=16

That's a COOL :cold: Turbo :hysterical:

Caveat that I don't follow this industry all that closely, but it seems to me that since the economy is tanking and high gas prices are of wide concern, car makers will be shifting to hybrids and smaller, less thirsty engines.

This probably won't affect the really high-priced/collector's stuff like the new ZR1, Veyron, Ferrari, Lamborghini. People who can write checks for those have enough financial punch not to worry about "little details".

But what about the high-performance cars that are [were] within the average working stiff's reach: Challenger, Camaro, Z06, GT500, etc.

The latest Autoweek already has articles on the engine-downsized Camaro and Challenger.

I'm old enough to be getting flashbacks to 1972, when we went through all this before, resulting in the Shelbys, Mach 1s, and Bosses being replaced by the Mustang II (with huge Cobra hood decals for the fantasy-desperate).

Michael

Caveat that I don't follow this industry all that closely, but it seems to me that since the economy is tanking and high gas prices are of wide concern, car makers will be shifting to hybrids and smaller, less thirsty engines.

This probably won't affect the really high-priced/collector's stuff like the new ZR1, Veyron, Ferrari, Lamborghini. People who can write checks for those have enough financial punch not to worry about "little details".

But what about the high-performance cars that are [were] within the average working stiff's reach: Challenger, Camaro, Z06, GT500, etc.

The latest Autoweek already has articles on the engine-downsized Camaro and Challenger.

I'm old enough to be getting flashbacks to 1972, when we went through all this before, resulting in the Shelbys, Mach 1s, and Bosses being replaced by the Mustang II (with huge Cobra hood decals for the fantasy-desperate).

Michael

I will be very surprised and amazed if there will be a gt500 for 2010. I know there will be another Shelby but it will all come down to what ever ford decides to provide Shelby to work with and I think it's going to be a 5.0 cobra. Ford has milked the cow dry concerning the gt500.

Depressing, but I agree. I think it would be different if Detroit wasn't broke. That seals the fate, imo.

Michael

Michael

good point cookie monster

the new fourthcoming MPG standards are based on the average MPG of the fleet. this probably means that ford will either make a GT500 that is less powerful (more fuel efficient)... or cut down on the production numbers quite a bit so that they do not have as much of an effect on the weighted average of their fleets.

whether or not the 2010 shelby comes out, we do not have limited production cars.... I would not call 10k cars/yr x 3 years a limited production car. don't want to beat a dead horse here but Ford sold us a bill of goods on the whole "limited production" thing.

Archived