TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Seat Inserts or Gray Seat Inserts

crispy23c

Well, they are offering the Red inserts. Not for me. So, I decided to take an informal poll. That way, at least Ford knows what we're thinkin'. Hey, I might be in the minority, but for me, it's "Black with Gray anyday!" B)

For me it really depends on the exterior color, but I think gray inserts would match every color. Were as the red inserts really only llook good with red and black. That's my opinion only of course..

Red inserts = only in a red car. A charcoal gray insert would look classy and would go with every paint/stripe scheme.

If there was one other color for the insert i agree Lt grey would fit better, although if given any choice I would pick blue. Vista Blue / white stripes and charcoal/ blue interior. Or Perf white/vista blue stripes same interior. B)

Well, they are offering the Red inserts. Not for me. So, I decided to take an informal poll. That way, at least Ford knows what we're thinkin'. Hey, I might be in the minority, but for me, it's "Black with Gray anyday!" B)

black with Grey IMO: the red is too much for me,unless the car is red , It might distract from the other body colors.

Even black with blue would be a great choice with many of the other body colors.

SVT should offer inserts in all of the same colors as the exterior. I am going for Valencia Orange, so I might want orange inserts! Shouldn't be limited to red or gray!

They're calling it Valencia Yellow, so I'm asuming it will be the same as on the GTR?

Kinda halfway in between.

It would be cool.

KingCobra.

What do you think about red inserts on a Tungsten coupe with silver stripes?

Personally I was seriously thinking of the Tungsten with SatinSilver Stripes (because black wasn't offered)

and I would have gone for the red inserts.

Now I am going for Torch Red with White Stripes (old faithful) with the upgrade interior and red inserts.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1137538520_thumb.jpg

SVT should offer inserts in all of the same colors as the exterior. I am going for Valencia Orange, so I might want orange inserts! Shouldn't be limited to red or gray!

Sorry ROUSH360R,

I lied to you. Just got off of the phone with SVT and they confirm the Valentia Yellow will be a bold, bright yellow, I assume something like below if that isn't it.

There is lots more stuff I found out. I started a new topic for new information on the production model.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1137543342_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1137543342_thumb.jpg

If there was one other color for the insert i agree Lt grey would fit better, although if given any choice I would pick blue. Vista Blue / white stripes and charcoal/ blue interior. Or Perf white/vista blue stripes same interior. B)

I agree.

Definitely black with gray inserts! I will be going aftermarket as well on getting mine done. The GT/CS is said to have black with gray two toned interior and heated seats; so why could it not be an option in for the Shelby?

:unsure:

Either way, I can hardly wait to get this car. I've had too much time to plan all the things I want to get done to it. The longer the wait the more indebt I am going to get!

:lol:

If they would offer blue inserts I might consider straying from my choice of red and white and make this my new car.

Not going to happen.

At least in the first year.

Maybe down the road???

KingCobra.

Yes, in 08 maybe. And then all minor defects are out the car too? But I can't wait that long. :huh:

Being that I also work for a part supplier who supplies FORD with plastic interior parts, we are required by FORD at EVERY product launch to do a 100% inspection for each part we ship, they call it a "SAFE LAUNCH" and this usually is done for the first 5000 vehicles of the new product being launched. Being that the volumes have not yet been set yet, it is possible to do it for 10,000 cars if neccessary.. So put away any noations that you might get a car with a small minor defect, the workers on the line will not treat it as any old mustang.....It's a SHELBY BABY!

Being that I also work for a part supplier who supplies FORD with plastic interior parts, we are required by FORD at EVERY product launch to do a 100% inspection for each part we ship, they call it a "SAFE LAUNCH" and this usually is done for the first 5000 vehicles of the new product being launched. Being that the volumes have not yet been set yet, it is possible to do it for 10,000 cars if neccessary.. So put away any noations that you might get a car with a small minor defect, the workers on the line will not treat it as any old mustang.....It's a SHELBY BABY!

You said it right. Amen.

Thanks ' that is reasureing to know. B) B) B)

• 2 weeks later...

Just what I thought as well. Let them get up to speed in the beginning, then bring on the options. Black/black and black/red, while both nice, do not offer enough variation for a $40k+ car.

I'm planning to go with Torch Red with white stripes. Although it's getting a little old after looking at practically the only color you've seen it in for a year, it's the red and black interior that clinches it. I have a Torch Red Mustang with red/black interior and it looks great. Besides black/black interior has little excitement for a car like this. I agree, at least grey/black would open up the field and blue/black would sure look great with Vista Blue and also White with blue LeMans stripes like a lot of you seem to like.

Archived