TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Comparison: America's Best Handling Car Intro Video

This is the 1st video/report of a multi part series from of all folks..... Motor Trend for the title of America's Best Handling Car

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/112...ntro/index.html

Here is the list of cars that will compete for the title of America's Best Handling Car

Audi R8

Nissan GTR

Dodge Viper ACR

Shelby GT500KR

BMW M3

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO MR

Porsche 911 Turbo

Chevy Colbalt SS :doh:

Mazda RX8

Mini Cooper S :hysterical:

Like I said... it's MT & they never do things right. The Corvette ZR1 should be in their, but instead they choose a Colbalt

The ZR1 is in a league of it's own, Ferrarri, Lambo etc, the ZR1 is by far a true American supercar, I love the KR but the ZR1 is a whole differrent animal.

Even though the Cobalt is a lame rice burner, its handling will suprise you. They murder GT500, Shelby GT, Mustang GT etc in the corners. Don't know about KR yet.....

Actually, the Cobalt in made in the US. Can you point me to the comparison test or results you are describing? I just can't believe this.

Mini Cooper S :hysterical:

Well, I got so bored waiting for my KR, and so annoyed that they aren't making it in yellow, that I picked up a Cooper S (Yellow with black stripes, of course) a few weeks ago. :shift: Great little car, my money is on the Mini!!!

Chris.

Well, I got so bored waiting for my KR, and so annoyed that they aren't making it in yellow, that I picked up a Cooper S (Yellow with black stripes, of course) a few weeks ago. :shift: Great little car, my money is on the Mini!!!

Chris.

this would give it a run for it's money :peelout:

http://germancarscene.com/2008/01/06/500bh...acing-dragster/

I'm sorry. I love my Shelby and all, but there's no way a KR is going to come in anything but dead last in a handling contest. It's just too heavy. OK, it might beat the Cobalt. Seems to me MT just came up with yet another test just to make the Shelby look bad. :banghead:

handling for the money:

1) ZR1

2) Z06

3) VIPER ACS

4) STD. 430 HP VETTE

5) KR

This is what I read on a forum on American cars.

1) Lotus

2) benz AMG

3) ferrarri

4) porsche

5) Mclaren

This was on the same forum but for imported cars

I'm sorry. I love my Shelby and all, but there's no way a KR is going to come in anything but dead last in a handling contest. It's just too heavy. OK, it might beat the Cobalt. Seems to me MT just came up with yet another test just to make the Shelby look bad. :banghead:

My Ford Focus handles very well, bring those Colbalts on and we shall see, What a joke a cobalt and a Mini in the same league as a vette, porsche of KR, unreal.

I have not read nor have I heard any assumptions that the KR is the holy grail or speed, handling, nor does it claim to be, all it states is that it is the best handling mustang with the most horsepower ever produced, period.

Accept it for what it is, a bad ass Mustang that is proud to bear the name Shelby and be branded as the King of the Road. It is as simple as that.

Archived