TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some pics of the Romeo Engine Niche Line Builders

mthom1842

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Matt, I know a lot of people have thanked you for doing this, but I wanted to say a special thank you and share my quick story. As I read in one of my recent old muscle car magazines, there are many stories behind all of those high dollar old muscle cars and I think that is just as interesting as the cars themselves. I have been a muscle car collector for about 8 years and I bought my first one when my only son was just 9 years old. About 3 years ago, when my son turned 13, I bought a 1970 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet 4 speed from the original selling town of London, Ontario, Canada. When I brought that car home, my 13 year old son fell in love with that car and swore he would have a Mustang some day. Well, this past Christmas my son was now 16 and I gave him a gift that he will remember for the rest of his life.......a 2008 Shelby GT 500, red with black stripes!! The engine builders were Mel Darrington and Alfred Gossett. PLEASE pass on my thanks to them, as I said there is a story behind each and every one of the motors you guys and gals build. Thanks again!!

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this question or it has been answered before. But here goes anyhow.

What special (specific) steps or procedures are performed on the 5.4L as a result of the hand build process?

In other words what are the benefits of this process to the final product. i.e. Is this akin to blueprinting?

Matt, are Tim Parrott and Tim Dougherty still a team and building engines? Also, I wrote a letter a month ago to Dawn Rowley over there, is there any way possible to find out if it was received, and if so, what the outcome was? Thank you so much in advance, regardless of the response! :)

Hi,

Tim and Paul are still building engines but now have different partners.Tim is now with Vito and Paul is working with Mel.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this question or it has been answered before. But here goes anyhow.

What special (specific) steps or procedures are performed on the 5.4L as a result of the hand build process?

In other words what are the benefits of this process to the final product. i.e. Is this akin to blueprinting?

Hi Shaker,

All engines are built by a specific process that is set up and each detail of the process is definitly to the print.

Every part on the engine is inspected by the team to insure the best quality, Lots of gauging to leak testing, and cold testing to insure the quality of

this fine product. The pride and hard work that goes into this gt 500 is second to none.

Thanks for asking

Matt

Hey Matt, I know a lot of people have thanked you for doing this, but I wanted to say a special thank you and share my quick story. As I read in one of my recent old muscle car magazines, there are many stories behind all of those high dollar old muscle cars and I think that is just as interesting as the cars themselves. I have been a muscle car collector for about 8 years and I bought my first one when my only son was just 9 years old. About 3 years ago, when my son turned 13, I bought a 1970 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet 4 speed from the original selling town of London, Ontario, Canada. When I brought that car home, my 13 year old son fell in love with that car and swore he would have a Mustang some day. Well, this past Christmas my son was now 16 and I gave him a gift that he will remember for the rest of his life.......a 2008 Shelby GT 500, red with black stripes!! The engine builders were Mel Darrington and Alfred Gossett. PLEASE pass on my thanks to them, as I said there is a story behind each and every one of the motors you guys and gals build. Thanks again!!

Thanks Dennis, I will pass on the word

Matt

Thanks for posting this Matt!

I'm sure everyone thinks this is cool.

My builders are Alfred D. Gossett and Mel Darrington. Did Alfred retire? I noticed a pic with Mel and Al, and a pic with Mel and Larry. ???

Oh, and my 08 GT500 Alloy w/ Satin Stripes runs like a champ! :dance:

Al Took the buyout in mid 08

Enjoy the ride

Matt

Mr. Thomas, can you please confirm that this is Mr. Henson's sig?

EnginePlate2.jpg

Here's one with both of you. I just wanted to confirm it was this outstanding duo when I come to shake your hands in Dearborn.

EnginePlate1.jpg

Yes that is Matt and Tom Henson. We built your engine

Enjoy the ride

Matt

Yes they are still building but with different partners

Matt

Matt,

Do you know if Brian and Paul will be at the Dearborn event? I am flying over from the Pacific NW to see your awesome works and would love to shake their hands and take their Pic.

Rob

Hi Shaker,

All engines are built by a specific process that is set up and each detail of the process is definitly to the print.

Every part on the engine is inspected by the team to insure the best quality, Lots of gauging to leak testing, and cold testing to insure the quality of

this fine product. The pride and hard work that goes into this gt 500 is second to none.

Thanks for asking

Matt

Thanks Matt, for taking the time to answer my question. Love my car and certainly appreciate the attention to detail that goes into it! Obviously, the engine is it's "crown jewel"!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
That is Terrance K Barr, he is also one of my builders and a really nice guy.

My builders too.

When I go back in 2009 I'm taking them out for a few beers. Great guys.

Oh, and they can take the FASTEST color out for a spin too!

IMG_0806.jpg

I'll make them honorary members of the Black Vert Mafia!

BVMsticker.jpg

Joe,

I'll see your few beers and raise you more beers. I think we will need a designated driver to get them home or let them sleep in your room. My wife doesn't drink much anymore and I am sure she wouldn't mind volunteering for that job. I think I hear a really big party for next year.

My engine builders are Yvonne and Tammi...how can I send them a THANK YOU directly?

This is awesome to put faces to the names...

Please let me know what I can do...I really like to send them something....my two boys (6 and 7 yrs old) would love to say "Thank you!" too...

Joe,

I'll see your few beers and raise you more beers. I think we will need a designated driver to get them home or let them sleep in your room. My wife doesn't drink much anymore and I am sure she wouldn't mind volunteering for that job. I think I hear a really big party for next year.

Deal.

We'll let the wives drive.

You, me, Terry and Mike.

partybeer.gif

I'll even let you buy.

:hysterical:

Archived