TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Quarter Panel Side Scoops

Perhaps this has already been discussed but I could not find any information of value in my search save for one tidbit.

As the subject implies, I'm looking for more detailed information on the Super Snake quarter panel side scoops. The 2008 Shelby catalog does not carry them but I have since surmised that may be because they are actually Ford parts. That thought stemmed from the aforementioned tidbit which was found in an old press release introducing the Shelby GT. Within the detailed list of modifications, the side scoops are referred to as "GT/CS style". When comparing the the two they look identical, and compared to the super snake they appear identical again. So the question is, are they the same parts? Does the Shelby Super Snake (and Shelby GT) utilize the California Special side scoops which are actually Ford parts (6R3Z63424A62-AA) ?

If this is true, does Shelby actually drill holes into the quarter panels as the CS side scoops have two pins/screws (as well as two-sided tape) to secure them to the car? I ask because it seems 99% of all after-market side scoops are installed solely with two-sided tape, and drilling into a perfectly good panel could make any car lover cringe. :unsure:

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, you are correct in your assumptions. I had the side scoops installed when I was doing my modifications, and the body shop just assumed I wanted them installed, even though it required drilling the holes. I was thinking of maybe cutting the pins to avoid the holes required from the Ford factory part that is the same side scoop for the SGT, GT/CS, GT-H and now the SS. Now that they are on, I like them, along with the quarter window part supplied by Silver Horse Racing.

Hello Mustyn,

Welcome to the Team Shelby website. We have a number of members that have installed several different styles of side scoops. I'm sure they will share their info and pictures with you.

Please tell us about your car.

Archived