TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decisions

David, I own both a GT 500 and a GT-H. If I had to keep one it would be the GT-H for these reasons. Its more collectable, more fun to drive, and gets more attention. The GT500 obviously has more HP and will out run the GT-H but I'm just partial to the GT-H.....it reminds me of an old muscle car except you don't have to work on it every weekend. Now if I had to pick a daily driver it would be the GT500 or even a challenger....a little more liveable on a day to day basis. I think about trading my GT500 for a Challenger but I would feel like I'm trading down (performance wise).

I can't drive the GT-H anywhere without getting noticed. I think it is the black/gold color combination....there's just not another car out there with those colors. Good Luck with you decision.

SVT

I wanted a 1966 Shelby, could not afford a real one. Almost bought a nice clone. Now I got the GTH. Very special car tied to the great history. Get the GTH. Maybe history will repeat itself. See my photo bucket for inspiration. Has to be a 2006 coupe for 40th anniversary.

Good luck.

Its not lookin good. Just got off the phone w/ a Hertz Car Sales manager that has a couple for sale and he told me the GM there will "come down to 55,000.00" on his price. Car is in great condition w/ under 5000 miles. I really do not want a higher mileage one and it seems the low mile owners are not letting them go for market.

The GTH stock should run about a 13.8 second quarter. I've had mine tuned and it will now run a low 13 second quarter mile time. I'm not sure what the 0 to 60 times are.

I think 55k for a 5,000 mile car is high at this point. Remember you can offer them whatever you want. Its the end of the month.....offer them 40k and see what happens.

SVT

I too am torn I do not own a Shelby as of yet but will very soon. I have three choices I live in MN and found a 08 Shelby GT Convertible with 1,100 miles on it that is located in Milwaukee Wisconsin the upgrades are Hurst short throw, HID headlights and the security system I can get it for $39,000 and finace it through the dealership the car is in MINT condition and was owned by a car collector who traded it in on a new Challenger the car was waxed more than it was driven. My other choice is a 07 Gt-H in southern California it has 12,500 miles on it and I can get it for $40,00 plus $1,000 to get it here in Minnesota it seems fairly nice but too far to travel to really check it out I would have it sent to a Ford dealership for a inspection before making the desiscion. My other choice is another 07 GT-H that I can get for $39,000 plus a $1,000 for deliverey it has 17,500 miles on it and is located in Kentucky this one I do not know much about but will get the details tomorrow. I guess most banks do not want to finace the GT-H because they supposedly look at it as a HERTZ rent a car instead of a Shelby I haven't actually tried to get financing for the GT-H so I do not know if it will be a problem or not. I do have a line of credit on my house that I can use if needed.

I am very nervous about buying the GT-H because you know that every single person who rented it beat the crap out of it. I rented one a couple months ago in SanFransisco, I know that I stepped on it every chance possible; I didn't totally abuse it but did make sure I enjoyed ot the short time I had her. I really like the hood and the spoiler on the GT-H and I like the fact that there are only 500 made I think they will be highly collectible in years to come.

What I like on the 08 GT is the vista blue color and the Hurst shifter. I wish I could afford a GT and a GT-H

I want a car that I can drive on the weekends and enjoy and cherish for many years I probably will never sell it untill I am on my deathbed.

What are some of your opinions?

Here is a story of my first experiance with a GT-H

I was about to buy a 06 GT-H #276 here in Mpls at Luther West side they want $29,000 I was told it was never in a accidnet and decided to bring it to a Ford dealership as soon as it was on the rack it clearly showed it had a smashed rocker on the drivers side and the entire drivers side of the car had major damage that was repaired very poorly there was a lot of fish eyes and sand marks and the clear coat was peeling off in areas. So needless to say I am nervous about buying a GT-H.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived