TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'Back In Black' project COMPLETE!

pitpup

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does the fiberglass splitter come in factory colors or do you have to paint it? I think it would look good on the front of the alloy vert but was hoping I could find a color match

Nope, you need to prep and paint. Stop by Steeda's website and look under 'FUN' for customer's rides. Look for Tony Gierach's GT. It's close to your color and it has the fiberglass splitter. You may have to register to see the full size pics, but worth it... Tony's car convinced me to pull the trigger. Tastefully done.

That is one hot, fast looking mustang. I love the black hood and the splitter gives it just the right look.

Now about that goat.........

Hmm, are you talking about THIS goat?

GTO001.jpg

... or some other goat? Because this is my brother's goat... and it needs to be

taken out back the barn and slaughtered!

I ask him that every time I pull up in this...

Back_In_Black_005.jpg

:spiteful:

Oh yeah - Now that is a muscle car; not some euro-asian blah style crammed full of HP.

I have to admit however, that I have a very soft spot in my heart for the mid 60's GTOs.

Anyways, slap those cams in, go to the 4.1's and shout " G'day Mate" as you leave that beast in the dust!

Well, it looks like I've turned 180 degrees and decided to go with the Honeycomb panel (Silverhorse Racing) after all. A local guy here had his for sale for $75 (Normally $150 & s/h) so I picked it up and put it on thinking... I can always take it off and sell it if I don't like it. Weather here has been poopy, so here's a quick shot (morning rain no extra charge) to show you how 'Back In Black' looks today.

Back_In_Black_013.jpg

Hey pitpup, even the rain can't keep that grabber orange from looking good :)

It's the "bees knees!" ;)

-Dan

Pup - you need to get your car on some grass somewhere - or a field - - something besides a parking lot!

(me, too, I guess)...

I've got to think about some locations for pics...

Edit - yes!!! try to find a lawn that has a lot of yellow/orange leaves - then take the Shot! Afternoon light - yes!

Pup - you need to get your car on some grass somewhere - or a field - - something besides a parking lot!

Silly rabbit... grass is for hippies! Take a look at this shot when I parked on gravel. (Sorry, just couldn't bring myself to go off-road for a photo shoot, haha!)

Back_In_Black_010.jpg

Guess this makes me a "Stoner"...

(me, too, I guess)...

I've got to think about some locations for pics...

Edit - yes!!! try to find a lawn that has a lot of yellow/orange leaves - then take the Shot! Afternoon light - yes!

Ya miseed by a few of weeks! <lol> But I'll look for y'all next year! ;)

Of course if you like green grass with wet brown oak leaves, come-on up. I'll leave the light on for ya! :shift:

Silly rabbit... grass is for hippies! Take a look at this shot when I parked on gravel. (Sorry, just couldn't bring myself to go off-road for a photo shoot, haha!)

Back_In_Black_010.jpg

Got gravel too! <lol>

Pitpup.. is pitpup.com your site?

-Dan

Back_In_Black_010.jpg

Silly rabbit ........ no need to take it off road ;) lol sorry i really hacked it to down size file

Pitpup.. is pitpup.com your site?

Yeppir. Started it on AOL in 1998. Original name was 'Just One Of Them Racin' Deals'. PitPup.Com busted out in 2000 and it's the most fun you can have without taking your pants off. All for as little as $2.77 a race. Roughly 9-10 winners each race. $100 to each division winner every six races. $1000 to the segment champ every six races. (Yep, six one thousand dollar winners this year!)

I also have 4 additional prizes that go out at the end of the year. The biggest being $2000. (To participate in the overall contest, we milk ya for an additional $25/year.)

If you're a NASCAR fan, get in touch with me next January!! Get 'hooked' up!

(My name is PitPup and I approved the preceding sales pitch.) :spiteful:

Silly rabbit ........ no need to take it off road ;) lol sorry i really hacked it to down size file

What? No sailboat in the lake? A quality hacker would at least throw in a canoe, LOL!

Pup - where ya been?

Oh... been here and there... you know. I broke out my Xcal-2 from Brenspeed on Friday after all the house guests left. I received it Tuesday night, but due to wet weather, decided to hold off until Black Friday.

I loaded up the 87 tune. The first three hard accellerations it knocked. So I decided to take it easy for 5-10 miles and cruised. Then I found a back road and WOT'd. No more knocking. Just sweet, noticable acceleration. Now I know what they mean when they say it 'wakes the car up'. Now I'm thinking, what are the other two tunes gonna feel like?

Well, I had about 4 gallons left. So I go add approx. 10 gals. of 93 octane, drive it for 5 miles, then hook up the Xcal-2 and load the 91 octane tune. I noticed a slight difference in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts over the 87 tune. I'll run this tank out and refill with 93 and upload the 93 tune next week.

The weather will be nice for a little while longer. At least I'll get to experience the 93 octane tune before I go back to 87 for the winter. The Brenspeed tunes are awesome (well,the first two)! Can't wait to try the big daddy of 'em all when I refill.

With either octane, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts (stick, remember) are awesome, baby! I can only imagine what the extra 28rwhp from the cams would bring to the table. Even better... any twin screw s/c with 5-6 psi. For a daily driver, I'm thinking I would not need anything over either of those two scenarios...

:banana piano:

I was close to getting a Grabber....but wen twith a redfire.....

Love the look of yours....

Nice looking Redfire GTShred,

Welcome to the site. Lots of good Mustang news here for you and your car.

How long have you had your rig ? I see you have the GT App pkg. Looks nice.

Rob :shift:

Archived