TEAM SHELBY FORUM

red with stripes = tickets

mach 1 1970

Why can't you drive a shelby without getting tickets ? It must be the Stripes or pricks. I will park it and get a mini before i remove the stripes. FTS ! Im looking @ prices as i blog. Anyone have a used mini ? Let me know because this no fun driving a Shelby like a beetle.

Mine is red and white but so far I've been lucky. I know that it is just a matter of time.

+1. Since I purchased mine, my only ticket was with my other car (also red, but without stripes). As you said, only a matter of time.

My car looks fast just sitting in the garage.

I got pulled over once but it was my fault (no ticket though and it wasn't for speeding) so I don't count that one. I did get a nice look once as i was beginning to open it up on a highway from 1st gear. I didn't stomp on it but 1st gear went by pretty quick. I saw him as i was hitting 2nd and i accelerated normally. He did give me a hard look....I guess those SLP loudmouths get some attention.

We all know these kind of cars bring attention so, we'll just have to deal with getting pulled over once in awhile.

To the OP, how many tickets did you get and what were they for ?

A very common question I get and suspect most others do is just how fast is the car - my answer is I don't know - seems every time I go out, the police think we are going on a group crusie....police everywhere! need to see if I have a transponder notifying the local authorities everytime I start up....

My car looks fast just sitting in the garage.

I got pulled over once but it was my fault (no ticket though and it wasn't for speeding) so I don't count that one. I did get a nice look once as i was beginning to open it up on a highway from 1st gear. I didn't stomp on it but 1st gear went by pretty quick. I saw him as i was hitting 2nd and i accelerated normally. He did give me a hard look....I guess those SLP loudmouths get some attention.

We all know these kind of cars bring attention so, we'll just have to deal with getting pulled over once in awhile.

To the OP, how many tickets did you get and what were they for ?

2 speeding tickets in 8 months went to court on the 1st one and got no points. Before that none in 28 years and that was with a 03 cobra ,05 GTO, 02 Z06 and many more. For some reason this color combination says pull me over !!!

The second ticket was a passing zone on a two lane highway. I didn't even down shift but the other car sped up and the lane was ending .

Speed trap in a passing zone. Well i guest i will go to court with my MVR and see what happens. But i will tell you this car is losing it's fun factor real fast. I will park it sell my 70 mach and get a Mini cause i have had it.

I have had no problem with the members of law enforcement. Doh!...but then I drive the speed limits. :shift: I certainly punch it pretty often, but I pick and choose pretty carefully when and where I do it. I don't use the front license plate when I'm in my home town. Cops and HP all know me and leave me alone. When I leave town, I tie rap it to the lower grill. May not look great, but I just snip the tie raps as soon as I get back home.

If you ask a cop red is the fastest color. But to trick em buy a vista blue, they are truly the fastest! :shift:

while driving my vista blue, one cop stop and a warning issued in two years of driving. it was pretty weak doing 61 in a 45. he relly just wanted to check out the car.

although i must admit, i am constantly on the lookout and "generally" dont drive it on the street like it really was intended to be driven. it is frustrating but you just get used to it. just a good excuse to take it to the track more often.

Sell the Mach? Are you nuts?..........ok, i'll buy the Mach.

I am going to sell the Mach . Concours with build sheet and Marti report . e-mail if interested @ miwatch36@msn.com for pictures and info

5,495 miles (including 1600 from Fl to AZ) and no tickets... not even stopped once yet! :shades:

But, ask me again after Labor Day weekend when I drive my car again from AZ to GA. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Usually I'll only do about 5-7 over the posted limit. Good thing West Texas is posted at 85 MPH :shift:!!!!!!

I was passing a road hog I'd been following for about 5 miles (two semi's side-by-side doing 55), and probably doing 90 when my laser warning went off.

Thank you, Blinder Corporation. The line of cars following me also thank you, because the cop probably targeted me and couldn't get a lock. I slowed to 75 (so did everybody else) and cruised on by.

I'm pretty sure the semi's knew about the speed trap and "let us go" just so they could see somebody get a ticket.

A-holes.

Started from a stoplight and went under a bridge which then amplified the exhaust. Didn't stomp it or anything. Apparently got the attention of the cop up ahead and he pulled me over for 40 in a 30 (but I got near 35 mph let alone break 30 as I did see him before hand) and for gunning it through the intersection, which I didn't do either, just next to the bridge.

I thought about my car color carefully loved the STOP ME RED but chose the Ebony and Tungsten package. Have had no problems so far, but if i do get stopped they problem will take me to jail. I also chose not a very loud exhaust as sound travels very far here in Florida. Have been out on some fast outings and gotten home with out a traffic ticket, I let the car site in the garage till I get the fever again to go for a ride :shift:

I thought about my car color carefully loved the STOP ME RED but chose the Ebony and Tungsten package. Have had no problems so far, but if i do get stopped they problem will take me to jail. I also chose not a very loud exhaust as sound travels very far here in Florida. Have been out on some fast outings and gotten home with out a traffic ticket, I let the car site in the garage till I get the fever again to go for a ride :shift:

They sold me this RED car @ MSRP and didn't have any others. Other dealers had them @ $ 5000 over MSRP. So it was a take it or leave it 6 months ago.

Knock on wood, i haven't been stopped yet. However, I have had, on two different occasions, where the officer just flashed his lights at me. I didn't really realize how fast i was going (80 in 60). i just slowed down and waived.

They sold me this RED car @ MSRP and didn't have any others. Other dealers had them @ $ 5000 over MSRP. So it was a take it or leave it 6 months ago.

I got what i wanted but had to pay a high ADM. Currently I am now paying off that ADM :censored: I should be done this time next year, so my mods are limited for now.

5 years with the Torch Red 03 Mach 1 and got pulled over twice, deserved it both times and only got a ticket one of them.

Got nailed two weeks ago at a "speed detail". Doubt the car/color was a factor, as he got me from 1300 ft with laser from behind with very little traffic. Guess I deserved that one too! For not paying attention to my speed.

What annoys me is now I have to be careful not to get a second one! :rolleyes:

Yeah, don't buy a muscle car for a DD if you don't like tickets. Also, that's why I am sticking with stock exhaust for now. One less attention getter. Could do without the stripes for that matter.

Archived