TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Warning to All GT500 Convertible Owners

Superchief

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here. Are you saying that sometimes "street justice" would be the way to go? Perhaps but with the way things are now-a-days........

I did have the satisfaction once of catching 3 kids at 2:30am who decided to damage my daily driver. One spent the night in jail, the other two had to buy new underwear !!

As several others have stated before in similar threads, i.e. "if I had caught him he would be in the hospital" or equivalent, I just wanted to know that if someone does catch the jerk in the act and takes some kind of action, will the owner just as likely end up in trouble with the law or in civil court. Not advocating street justice at all.

As several others have stated before in similar threads, i.e. "if I had caught him he would be in the hospital" or equivalent, I just wanted to know that if someone does catch the jerk in the act and takes some kind of action, will the owner just as likely end up in trouble with the law or in civil court. Not advocating street justice at all.

Yeah, if you kicked someones head in because they scratched your car, you could be in trouble yourself. You can't justify shooting someone because they scratched your car.......even though you'd probably want to.

Sometimes it's better you don't catch them in the act if you may get carried away.

Sometimes it's better you don't catch them in the act if you may get carried away.

Yea, but it would be soooo worth it! :finger:

Did you make a police report, or check to see if the hotel has a security camera out front? Maybe they cought the whole thing on video, and maybe the cops will recognize the guy as a local trouble maker once they view the footage. Worth a shot.

Chief,

Find that guy and drag him to Hermann next spring. We'll make an event of stringing him up and showering him with beer....all for charity.

Sorry to hear about this as I would be fighting mad myself.

\

CB

Having driven drop tops for over 30 years I learned not to have the top down when I'm out of it;vandals yes, but the biggest reason-BIRDS,left top down on dads 66 t-bird parked under a awning for shade and went in a store;gone 10-15 minutes.car was nasty,lesson learned park it,top goes up

Scott

Sorry to hear some low rent spritzed your ride,radio shop should be able to help un-gum the push buttons

Having driven drop tops for over 30 years I learned not to have the top down when I'm out of it;vandals yes, but the biggest reason-BIRDS,left top down on dads 66 t-bird parked under a awning for shade and went in a store;gone 10-15 minutes.car was nasty,lesson learned park it,top goes up

Scott

Sorry to hear some low rent spritzed your ride,radio shop should be able to help un-gum the push buttons

Hey doc, that is a funny story. I will remember the advice. There's a phobia's thread out there somewhere and that is one of mine- I actually expect a day when I come out to the car and find it vandalized for no reason at all. I suppose that's what insurance is for and not to worry too much. It's too bad people have to behave like that.

Yup, start carrying a taser...

After you shoot that SOB and jolt him to the ground, hopefully you hit his privates, make sure you let off the taser while you are making contact with his head off your foot....you don't want to jolt yourself...but remember to keep jolting him so he cant do anything but wimper his apologies...I guess you can let him go when the battery goes dead...

If the cops show up, you were trying to detain the perp and he came after you. Even if there are witnesses, you aren't open to prosecution if YOU thought you were in danger. Make sure you call his mother a name or something to get him to face you when you fire...you dont want the darts sticking in his back. That looks offensive in posture.

Im not a violent person, but im no pushover either....most of us went to extreme lengths to get these cars...and know if I saw someone do that to anyone's car, they aren't walking away unscathed...

We try to bring all sorts of info to our members here!

You got the backing of Team Shelby, and if things get rough, BVM has your back...fogetaboutit!

I love this advise!!! I need to join your gang...the Black Mafia.

Seriously all of you have helped me deal with this issue. I am glad I wrote about it…instead of keeping it to myself, it helps.

SC

If vandalism like this happens, remember that it's covered by the "comprehensive" portion of your car insurance. You can take it to the dealership and/or an auto upholstery shop to have everything thoroughly cleaned, and electronics, etc. replaced if necessary, on a claim. And on many policies, "comprehensive" claims do not affect your premium rates.

Michael

UPDATE: 8-29-08

Thanks to all for the advice and the kind words of encouragement. I decided to have the interior professionally detailed …which has successfully removed all the stains and smells etc… The radio buttons still have not returned to normal, so I decided to replace the Shaker1000. The car is back to its original glory!! As a side note, all of these expenses have been paid for by The Saint Louis Four Seasons. The staff was excellent to deal with. They took full responsibility of the damages. I feel very lucky, that things have worked out. Just in time to enjoy a beautiful holiday weekend

My last wish is … I hope that other will learn from my experience. . A big lesson has been learned on my part.

NO Need to respond to this post……thanks again…. GLH….aka Superchief

Archived