Rear rotor-trash

Rear-caliper-trash

20 inch Razor-trash

shock-trash

TOTAL-$4300

The good news- Will be covered by Tire Kingdom's insurance

Still sucks a big whale d--k!

That is :censored:

Sorry to hear about your situation, I would be sick.

HI DRSWINGER ,

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OK. AND THE DAMAGE IS NOT TO YOUR CARS BODY.

I HAVE ONE QUESTION THAT MIGHT HELP OTHERS IF THEY HAVE A WHEEL THAT MIGHT BE LOOSE

AND COMING OFF THEIR CAR.

THE QUESTION IS DID YOU HEAR A NOISE JUST PRIOR TO THE WHEEL COMING OFF ?

IT WOULD OF SOUNDED LIKE .... " WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP " N THEN OFF CAME YOUR WHEEL.

I HAD A WHEEL COME OFF ONE OF MY CARS AFTER BELLE TIRE HAD INSTALLED IT AND THAT WAS THE

NOISE I HEARD JUST PRIOR TO MY REAR WHEEL COMING OFF AND PASSING ME ON THE H-WAY.

SCOTTY

Scotty, Thats just it. No warning at all. If it had vibrated for a while or drifted, but nothing. I am thankful it was the rear. I am sure that with the engine weight, it would have flipped as soon as the rotor dug in.

THANK GOD THAT IT WASN'T YOUR FRONTS FOR SURE.

THE BEST THING YOU CAN PASS ALONG TO OTHERS THAT GET NEW WHEELS IS TO BEWARE OF ANY

WEIRD VIBRATIONS OR NOISES THAT THEY GET. ALSO TO MAKE SURE THEY TIGHTEN THE WHEELS

WITH A TORQUE WRENCH AND THAT YOU GO BACK TO THE PLACE THAT INSTALLED THE WHEELS AFTER

25 MILES AND MAKE SURE THEY RE-TIGHTEN THEM USING A TORQUE WRENCH AND NOT AN AIR GUN

SO THEY DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM AND PUT UNDUE STRESS ON THE WHEEL STUDS. WHICH CAN

MAKE THE STUDS SNAP WITH OUT ANY WARNING.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN ON A SPEEDY REPAIR AND GETTING BACK ON THE ROAD TO ENJOYMENT !!!

SCOTTY

Good thing your alright and the car is good.

Ive had that happen to me on some centerlines on my explorer. the tire shop didn't install the right lug nuts and they torqued on the studs not the rim (the lug nuts weren't deep enough and bottomed out on the stud before full contact on the rim).

my razors have gone through a beating many runs @ 155mph as well as quite a few drag launches and tons of doughnuts...

its not the wheel it was the installer they probably used a torque stick and didn't go back and use a torque wrench to verify the installation.

Glad to hear no body damage. I guess we will have to put off photo far a few weeks.Glad you keep control. :drop::ohsnap:

Scotty, Thats just it. No warning at all. If it had vibrated for a while or drifted, but nothing. I am thankful it was the rear. I am sure that with the engine weight, it would have flipped as soon as the rotor dug in.

Man that is really scary that there was no warning. Glad you are in one piece though. The rest of the stuff can be fixed but I would never want to hear about personal injury to a bud!

I know this may sound like a shallow offer but if there is anything I can do please let me know.

OK, it is Monay and just got the official word from Pro-----e Insurance investigator. The cause for losing the Razor at 95 MPH was " Insuffiant lug torque at 2 or more studs" that is.....They never tightened the damn nuts.

Talk about burn my ass. Almost got killed because some kid with pimples was given the respnibility of installing wheels on a $50,000 car.

My own fault I guess, should have checked myself.

Anyway, talked to the guy who is going to replace the rear end- made me feel better.

Just a warning. Any work you guys have done, double check it.

I believe all new aluminum wheels recommend to recheck torque after 25 - 50 miles.

I usually re torque my wheels as soon as I get any work done that involves removing them. But that is because they are usually TOO frickin tight. Strangely, the only place that has ever installed tires on one of my vehicles and actually got it right was Costco. The last place I would've expected.

I've had shops tighten wheels so tight you could barely get them off with a good 4 way. Imagine trying on the side of the road with a crappy lug wrench.

Archived