TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bummed about the SAI Museum being closed in Oct?? READ THIS!

Shelbylvr

Well, I guees its time to finally take my vacation :hysterical:

Bud

Bud,

You're killing me.... :banghead::doh::hysterical: I was going to bring you a present but now I'll give it to Adrienne! :happy feet: See you in November. Regards.

Stuart

Bud,

You're killing me.... :banghead::doh::hysterical: I was going to bring you a present but now I'll give it to Adrienne! :happy feet: See you in November. Regards.

Stuart

Ok, I'll stay until after you give it to me, then I'll go on vacation :hysterical::hysterical: J/K I never take vacation days. That's why I still have 80 hours to take before Dec 1st :)

Bud

Ok, I'll stay until after you give it to me, then I'll go on vacation :hysterical::hysterical: J/K I never take vacation days. That's why I still have 80 hours to take before Dec 1st :)

Bud

Bud,

I hope to see you at SAI as well. However, it would be understandable if you took a little vacation. :hysterical: All work and no play is not good!!! Take some vacation.... :finger: Just not the first week of November... :hysterical:

Stuart

Hi Adrienne. My wife and I visited the museum on Sept. 29th. When everyone askes me how I liked the trip to Vegas, all I talked about was the Shelby Factory. I had real Shelby chile(not clone chile) at the Shelby Cafe, and wrote on the Shelby wall ( actually the inside of the electrical panel, since I am an electrician) . I thought that if they tore that wall down to expand, maybe they would reuse the panel. Hey who knows, maybe it could be sold as a genuine Shelby electrical panel to us fanatics some day. Give me first chance at it. Thanks for the tour and poker chip.

I seen Amy B. that day and wanted to say hello, but she was running around very, very busy. It looked like a typical Monday morning to me. I wanted to tell her how nice the workers at the Cafe where to us, and especially the manager, she was so pleasant and fun to talk with. Maybe you could pass this on to Amy. I even bought one of those cool one quart Shelby oil cans that I will display in my garage, that has the Shelby Cafe tee shirt inside it.

Hi Adrienne. My wife and I visited the museum on Sept. 29th. When everyone askes me how I liked the trip to Vegas, all I talked about was the Shelby Factory. I had real Shelby chile(not clone chile) at the Shelby Cafe, and wrote on the Shelby wall ( actually the inside of the electrical panel, since I am an electrician) . I thought that if they tore that wall down to expand, maybe they would reuse the panel. Hey who knows, maybe it could be sold as a genuine Shelby electrical panel to us fanatics some day. Give me first chance at it. Thanks for the tour and poker chip.

I seen Amy B. that day and wanted to say hello, but she was running around very, very busy. It looked like a typical Monday morning to me. I wanted to tell her how nice the workers at the Cafe where to us, and especially the manager, she was so pleasant and fun to talk with. Maybe you could pass this on to Amy. I even bought one of those cool one quart Shelby oil cans that I will display in my garage, that has the Shelby Cafe tee shirt inside it.

HI! :) Glad to hear that you had a blast while visiting us out here in Las Vegas! :) The cafe' is a great place, I eat there most of the days of the week! Terri (from the cafe') is WONDERFUL and she definately keeps the mood there light and fun! I love that the T-shirts come in cans!

I am sure Amy will read this post, and if she doesn't I will make sure she knows how much you enjoyed the facility! Make sure you come back after Nov 3rd, and see the museum again, after the renovations are done!

I will make it back to see the new museum some day for sure. Seeing the very first Cobra ever built is a real big deal to me and I hope he is able to add all the new Shelby's including the SGT's. Do you know if the Shelby Visitor Signing Room Walls are going to be removed for the expansion, and are they going to try to reuse them? Keep an eye on that electrical panel door for me. Thanks Tom "65 owner"

I will make it back to see the new museum some day for sure. Seeing the very first Cobra ever built is a real big deal to me and I hope he is able to add all the new Shelby's including the SGT's. Do you know if the Shelby Visitor Signing Room Walls are going to be removed for the expansion, and are they going to try to reuse them? Keep an eye on that electrical panel door for me. Thanks Tom "65 owner"

I have not heard any plans to take the walls, that are in the main shop area, down :) Yahoo!

Adrienne, My wife Liz and I thank you and Dale for the tour on Friday 10/10/08. It was very nice to meet the people behind the scenes. :burnout:

I got to see a black 500KR delivered first hand. You guys really go all out on the delivery of each vehicle. There was also a guy who just had a Kenne Bell installed on his 07 SGT. I was really shocked to see all the GT500's ready for their transformations. Here's some pics that I took at the facility.

DSC01459.jpg

Adrienne,myself, and my wife.

DSC01449.jpg

GT500's ready lined up and ready.

DSC01461.jpg

07SGT with a Kenne Bell just installed. 500HP and ready for delivery.

On a side note the cafe was awesome. I bought place mats, hats,and T-shirts inside a quart of oil.

Thanks again for a great time,

Steve R

Adrienne, My wife Liz and I thank you and Dale for the tour on Friday 10/10/08. It was very nice to meet the people behind the scenes. :burnout:

I got to see a black 500KR delivered first hand. You guys really go all out on the delivery of each vehicle. There was also a guy who just had a Kenne Bell installed on his 07 SGT. I was really shocked to see all the GT500's ready for their transformations. Here's some pics that I took at the facility.

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

On a side note the cafe was awesome. I bought place mats, hats,and T-shirts inside a quart of oil.

Steve R

Yay!! :) What a great picture of us! Your wife was a sweetheart! I am glad that you liked the tour. It's always fun on museum delivery days. Getting to watch customers pick up their cars is still a thrill, after all the ones I have done! :)

The cafe' is WONDERFUL-I am getting ready to order a cobra burger from there as I type this..... :drool:

Pleasure to meet you-If you are ever in vegas again-stop in and see us again! :)

Everybody the museum is right on schedule for its re-opening just in time for SEMA. A lot of time and effort has been put into this remodel by the Vegas crew and I predict everyone will be more than pleased with the results.

So if you'll be in Vegas for the SEMA show make sure you stop by and visit the remodeled museum.

Steve

PS- And don't forget to stop by the Shelby Cafe. Great food, great atmosphere and more importantly great people.

One other nice thing about the Shelby cafe. The first thing I did was moved my cool Shelby place mat, so I would not get it dirty. The place mats at the cafe are real nice posters of Shelby cars. They are a good reason to go there many times. Or I think you can buy them if you wanted a complete set. They will be up on my garage wall along with the Shelby quart oil can.

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

Steve R

Sweet!!!!! So, can we get official ShowCar cleaning products ala Shelby?...A person solely dedicated in the paint and cleaning of Shelby vehicles who answers all questions and supply Shelby specific cleaning products....now that's an idea :idea: ......

Everybody the museum is right on schedule for its re-opening just in time for SEMA. A lot of time and effort has been put into this remodel by the Vegas crew and I predict everyone will be more than pleased with the results.

So if you'll be in Vegas for the SEMA show make sure you stop by and visit the remodeled museum.

Steve

PS- And don't forget to stop by the Shelby Cafe. Great food, great atmosphere and more importantly great people.

Will the day be Monday 11/3? And if so, what time?

I'm coming into LV that Monday morning for SEMA and I would like to be there at the SAI museum when the doors open.

Thanks Steve,

Jay

Will the day be Monday 11/3? And if so, what time?

I'm coming into LV that Monday morning for SEMA and I would like to be there at the SAI museum when the doors open.

Thanks Steve,

Jay

Jay

11/3 is the date that has been talked about. I'm sure we will have an exact date and time to post in the enext week or two but in a nutshell it has to be open for SEMA. That's too large of a crowd to not be open for.

Addrienne was telling me that the SEMA crowd tours are so large that they are split up into two groups at times.

Hang in there. We will post what we can as soon as we can.

Steve

BTW.. what is the admission price to get in the museum.

Absolutely free for both the museum and the factory tour. In fact SAI kind of pays you a dollar to go on the tour as they give each person a $1 Shelby Poker Chip that can be redeemed at the Shelby Cafe or just kept as a souvenir of your visit.

Steve

It can get very crowded during SEMA week.. PLUS, your throwing the crowd in thats coming to see the new museum (Yes, we have people that are coming to visit JUST to see the new unveiling of the museum-LOVE IT!). I would anticipate that any day you come during that week may very well be packed.

The good news-- The GIFT SHOP will be open when the museum opens so you can get all your SHELBY goodies!:)

Archived