TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Details??? :drool:

Had a friend come over and we did the install in my driveway. They will wake up my neighbors when I get ready to go to work in the mornings :) That initial high idle at start is kind of loud, but sweet music to my ears. They are also pretty quiet when cruising but wake right up when you put your foot down.

Mike

NO, not wanting to get the pot boiling, just an honest question:

- For those who did buy these mufflers, and have installed them, please give the rest of us some feedback.

Are they more like the SVT1, the SGT or the 5GT? Or any other after market mufflers.

A sound clip would be great.

Just want to know so when they "do" come back out, we know what we are dealing with, or if it is even worth the wait!

Thanks!

Does anybody know who is producing these mufflers for Ford. I know the SGT and SVT1s are made by Borla.

I'm pretty sure Blue Oval Industries is carrying the KR axleback....

Yep...they have it.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360

Why are they selling them for $799.00 when list was 499.00 a few weeks ago. If they are released again then why the big mark up.

You can thank Amy and company for the ADM, now BOI wants to nail us because SAI sent them a letter and us suckers here buy into the hype... just my .02 cents... Try other mufflers and you will be happy just the same... Anything is better than the crown victoria mufflers that come from factory!!!!

Eddie :headscratch:

This evening, I received my KoRect Ford Racing mufflers ordered off eBay at $599, as promised. They were in the Ford Racing box with the label stripped off, as others have reported. The install was straightforward. The look of the Bullitt-style tips is much better than the factory stuff, as is the kay-are look of the mufflers from the rear. I haven't heard the other after market mufflers, but these look and sound GREAT!

The factory mufflers tipped the scales at a total of 32 pounds, while the emustangparts muffler set weighed in at 24.25 pounds.

I still say the GT500 should have come this way in the first place.

post-21919-1220927636_thumb.jpg post-21919-1220927646_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1220927653_thumb.jpg post-21919-1220927662_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1220927671_thumb.jpg

This last one is looking down the straight-through throat of the Ford Racing muffler with a light shining down the axle-end pipe:

post-21919-1220927900_thumb.jpg

Crude before and after youtube clip

It got too dark to take any decent pictures of the installed mufflers. Maybe tomorrow.

This evening, I received my KoRect Ford Racing mufflers ordered off eBay at $599, as promised. They were in the Ford Racing box with the label stripped off, as others have reported. The install was straightforward. The look of the Bullitt-style tips is much better than the factory stuff, as is the kay-are look of the mufflers from the rear. I haven't heard the other after market mufflers, but these look and sound GREAT!

The factory mufflers tipped the scales at a total of 32 pounds, while the emustangparts muffler set weighed in at 24.25 pounds.

-through throat of the Ford Racing muffler with a light shining down the axle-end pipe:

It got too dark to take any decent pictures of the installed mufflers. Maybe tomorrow.

So how did you end up installing them? Did you remove the hangers or did you disconnect at the axle back and intermediate pipe to slide them on/off the hangers?

So how did you end up installing them? Did you remove the hangers or did you disconnect at the axle back and intermediate pipe to slide them on/off the hangers?

As the pictures show, I removed all the hangers. They were a little harder to get off due to the factory muffler size, than they were to put back on with the smaller Ford Racing muffler. I loosened the clamp on the left side of the X-pipe to adjust the two tips for equal extension at the back bumper after getting everything centered in the valance, and the hangers and clamps tightened up around the muffler and axle. It didn't take too long to do at all.

They were never $499; they started out at $599 at BOI.

From and earlier thread. I called BOI today & they said they are sold out & will not be getting anymore anytime soon. The note they have next to/below the pic explains why the cost got driven up from $499 to $799. Think list was $499 and the ebay seller had them for $599 and now $799. Either way we are being hosed.

Installed pictures of the Ford Racing you-know-what mufflers.

post-21919-1220994711_thumb.jpg post-21919-1220994723_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1220994734_thumb.jpg post-21919-1220994744_thumb.jpg

post-21919-1220994755_thumb.jpg

I went for a little drive this afternoon, and I can tell I will be cleaning more bugs off the inside of the back glass. :lol:

Whats with all the rust? Is it just from the welds? Will it clean off. I love the look dont love the rust.

First off I want to thank everyone for the posts, the pics, and the clips! Wow, amazing input. Second I am happy we did not get pulled!!! Last, I think I found the perfect set of mufflers.... thanks to all the input... now I just have to sit and wait, and dream and wait, until these hit the market once again. Even at $799 they may be a hot sell as i can see, based on all the interest and the FREAKING SOUND!!! WOHOOOO

First off I want to thank everyone for the posts, the pics, and the clips! Wow, amazing input. Second I am happy we did not get pulled!!! Last, I think I found the perfect set of mufflers.... thanks to all the input... now I just have to sit and wait, and dream and wait, until these hit the market once again. Even at $799 they may be a hot sell as i can see, based on all the interest and the FREAKING SOUND!!! WOHOOOO

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360 Looks like they have them. I got mine yesterday will install Saturday. I will post a review compared to stock SVT1s and my new KRs.

Archived