TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, did anyone who bought these from the ebay guy emustangparts get a tracking number from him?

I didn't get a tracking number but I did get an e-mail that they would be shipped Tuesday and delivered probably Thursday.

They tried to deliver them today (a day early) but I was not home to sign for them. They will re-deliver tomorrow.

Cal

I took the car out for a little longer drive today and I would agree with the earlier statement that there is a drown between 1200-1400 rpm or so. It disappears completely at 1500 rpm. That doesn't bother me at all. I also think that above 3000 rpm upto 4 or 5000 it sounds very similar to the KR videos I have watched. I have not heard a KR myself so YMMV. I see a few more will be coming soon so look forward to your reviews. IMHO this was one area that should have been addressed at the factory but I am happy now. :shift:

I received mine today. They came today as promised and in perfect condition in the original non opened Ford Racing box. The part number on the side of the box was removed and taped over, no big deal but shows they will be available.

I don't think this was what I was looking for however, they will probably be way too loud on a cat less system since they are straight through. There are no deflecting baffless, you can look straight through them. I am sure that on the stock system with cats it sounds pretty mean.

I will install them anyway to see what it sounds like for fun and maybe will leave them on for when I go to the track, there certainly is no restriction! Hopefully it stops raining in the next few days.

I took the car out for a little longer drive today and I would agree with the earlier statement that there is a drown between 1200-1400 rpm or so. It disappears completely at 1500 rpm. That doesn't bother me at all. I also think that above 3000 rpm upto 4 or 5000 it sounds very similar to the KR videos I have watched. I have not heard a KR myself so YMMV. I see a few more will be coming soon so look forward to your reviews. IMHO this was one area that should have been addressed at the factory but I am happy now. :shift:

I am surprised you noticed between 12-1400 RPM. I go through that range pretty quick so the drone shouldn't be an issue at that point.

I am surprised you noticed between 12-1400 RPM. I go through that range pretty quick so the drone shouldn't be an issue at that point.

Yup, I can't say I found it on my own. It was mentioned in a prior post so I checked it out. I had to gear up to even get the car to hang in that rpm range. Not an issue for me either.

I took a leap of faith and purchased the mufflers. WaHooo... They are awesome pipes. :rockon: No drown at 1200 to 1800 rpm range like the 5GT. When you put down the power they come alive with no additional noise inside the car. :banvictory:

LOVE THEM!!!!

I took a leap of faith and purchased the mufflers. WaHooo... They are awesome pipes. :rockon: No drown at 1200 to 1800 rpm range like the 5GT. When you put down the power they come alive with no additional noise inside the car. :banvictory:

LOVE THEM!!!!

Any more sound clips?

LOVE THEM!!!!

I ordered a set yesterday. I hope I like them as much as you do??? I was going to go with SGTs. Tough choice I like the thicker tips on the SGT,s but like the sound of the KRs better. I will keep my fingers crossed that I made the right choice.

A quick question: I am assuming these are the same ones that are on a KR and that means they would be 50 state legal?

They are the same mufflers however I read that the H pipe on the KR was part of why they meet 50 state levels. It is possible that the X pipe puts them over.

Well I installed them on my 2008 Bullitt this morning, Wow! They sound bad azz and since the Bullitt uses an H-pipe that part is covered.

Now I will put the stock Bullitt mufflers on my Coupe with headers and no cats to see what that sounds like?

If you can get your hands on the Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit , "DO IT". EX1810

I have tested the SVT1 and find them to be just like stock. The 5GT are to harsh and the SGT just a little quieter than the 5GT. The 5GT have a harmonic that gave me a head ache.

OK i sound like the Goldilocks with the bears :hysterical:

These pipes are just right. :happy feet:

I cant stop driving my car.... :shift: Sounds :censored: awesome

If you can get your hands on the Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit , "DO IT". EX1810

I have tested the SVT1 and find them to be just like stock. The 5GT are to harsh and the SGT just a little quieter than the 5GT. The 5GT have a harmonic that gave me a head ache.

I have to agree, I haven't tried them on my GT500 but on the Bullitt they sound great. Everyone that hears it says it sounds awesome. They have just the right amount of muscle car sound to them.

Now the Bullitt needs more power to back up how it sounds! :hysterical:

How loud are the KR mufflers compared with the SGT and 5GTs?

And how does the build quality/material quality compare with the other FRPP mufflers?

I just got done installing mine. I can not be more satisfied :happy feet:

The sound is deep and throaty. More so than the Bassantis that I just took off.

No drone at all. They are quieter than the Bassanis when cruising but when you get on it they are louder but not in an obnoxious way.

The install went with no problems.

My exhaust system is stock except for these and I definetly recommend them.

If you are interested in hearing them in person, I will be at the Dearborn event this coming weekend.

post-2964-1220658701_thumb.jpg

post-2964-1220658716_thumb.jpg

post-2964-1220658736_thumb.jpg

post-2964-1220658701_thumb.jpg

post-2964-1220658716_thumb.jpg

post-2964-1220658736_thumb.jpg

I received mine today. They came today as promised and in perfect condition in the original non opened Ford Racing box. The part number on the side of the box was removed and taped over, no big deal but shows they will be available.

I don't think this was what I was looking for however, they will probably be way too loud on a cat less system since they are straight through. There are no deflecting baffless, you can look straight through them. I am sure that on the stock system with cats it sounds pretty mean.

I will install them anyway to see what it sounds like for fun and maybe will leave them on for when I go to the track, there certainly is no restriction! Hopefully it stops raining in the next few days.

Received mine on Thursday, will install tomorrow when Hannah is gone. The part number on my box was the same way. Why do they do that?

OK had them installed on my car this morning. they fit nice! I had a set of Axel backs that I purchase from Neino auto off e-bay and I did like the sound not too loud, I was having fit problems on the drivers side that was a bumping noise and it brothered me alot, I got them for $275. shipped. And yes I would sell them, make an offer, they are very good cond, have about 10,000 miles on them, nice fat tips.

I really love the way my car sounds now! Yes it is a bit louder when you get on it, but not enough to bother me while hight way cruising. A slight drone at 1000 to 1500 rpm but nothing that would bother me. Also the noise on drivers side is 99% gone so it is defiantly a fit problem, when installed. So now I got a grand into my exhaust. :shift:

Well I finally got a reply back about my tracking number. This guy is an a$$hole. I guess his first reply back to me inquiring about a tracking number was actually an obscure QUESTION of what my name was. His first reply back was, "ups uses real names, not ebay ones" Here is a list of my questions sent to him, and his replies back, in order via ebay messaging:

Me:

"Hello sir, I sent an email yesterday from my phone but am unsure if you received it (low reception, so no idea if it went out), it was regarding whether you happened to have a tracking number for the exhaust?"

Him:

"UPS uses real names. Not Ebay names."

Me:

"You have my name from my paypal receipt, didn't they give you a tracking number when you shipped it?"

Waited a day, no reply back, so I sent another message, I figured he was just being lazy and not looking up my name, so I provided it (wouldn't a business have record of who bought what readily available?):

If you could please, even if the answer is you don't have one, let me know about a tracking number for the package sent out to Charles Quarto? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Him:

"You know if you had just answered the name question days ago you would already have that information. Now it is Saturday and I a am not at the UPS computer. The package left the day we said it did and usually takes 4-5 WORKING days to CA. 4 Days to TX. I don't remember where you are. I do specifically remember asking you for your name though. We shipped over 30 of these exhaust and I should not have to look you up by Ebay name."

Me:

"Wow. Excuse me for not realizing that the obscure reply of, "UPS uses real names, not ebay ones." was a question right away. I would think that a business would have record of who bought what and was shipped to where, and provide tracking numbers from the get go. You don't have to be rude, I asked politely. Thanks anyways."

After looking through his feedback, I also realized that every single negative feedback has a rude reply from him, some even blatantly call the customer an idiot or moron. After this, I won't be buying from him again. I guess I should have provided him the name from the get go, but honestly the tracking number isn't really what bothers me, it's the treatment. You would never get this kind of treatment from Jared, Tucker, Fred or Page.

Well I finally got a reply back about my tracking number. This guy is an a$$hole. I guess his first reply back to me inquiring about a tracking number was actually an obscure QUESTION of what my name was. His first reply back was, "ups uses real names, not ebay ones" Here is a list of my questions sent to him, and his replies back, in order via ebay messaging:

Me:

"Hello sir, I sent an email yesterday from my phone but am unsure if you received it (low reception, so no idea if it went out), it was regarding whether you happened to have a tracking number for the exhaust?"

Him:

"UPS uses real names. Not Ebay names."

Me:

"You have my name from my paypal receipt, didn't they give you a tracking number when you shipped it?"

Waited a day, no reply back, so I sent another message, I figured he was just being lazy and not looking up my name, so I provided it (wouldn't a business have record of who bought what readily available?):

If you could please, even if the answer is you don't have one, let me know about a tracking number for the package sent out to Charles Quarto? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Him:

"You know if you had just answered the name question days ago you would already have that information. Now it is Saturday and I a am not at the UPS computer. The package left the day we said it did and usually takes 4-5 WORKING days to CA. 4 Days to TX. I don't remember where you are. I do specifically remember asking you for your name though. We shipped over 30 of these exhaust and I should not have to look you up by Ebay name."

Me:

"Wow. Excuse me for not realizing that the obscure reply of, "UPS uses real names, not ebay ones." was a question right away. I would think that a business would have record of who bought what and was shipped to where, and provide tracking numbers from the get go. You don't have to be rude, I asked politely. Thanks anyways."

After looking through his feedback, I also realized that every single negative feedback has a rude reply from him, some even blatantly call the customer an idiot or moron. After this, I won't be buying from him again. I guess I should have provided him the name from the get go, but honestly the tracking number isn't really what bothers me, it's the treatment. You would never get this kind of treatment from Jared, Tucker, Fred or Page.

Why didnt you just call them and ask the status. They had the phone number on the ebay posting. I bought a set from them direct, not through ebay and I will say the gal I spoke with who took the order was very nice. Too bad you had a bad experience it kind of ruins the purschase. Maybe if you had replied with your real name you would of received the tracking number. With so much fruad online maybe the guy thought you were scaming. Just a thought. Install the exhaust when you get them and light em up you will forget about it.

Got a reply back:

"You're right a business that processes hundreds of orders a week should not have to look for a persons name. We asked for your name and you responded "You have my name". Just say the word and a refund will be issued and we'll make someone who takes responsibility for their own actions very happy by selling it to them. We don't kiss Amy's ass and we won't baby you. This one's on you and nobody but you."

formervetteowner, true, I should have called. I really don't care about the tracking number so much, its just a matter of principle that as a customer I shouldn't be treated so rudely.

Also, he never asked for my name, he replied back with, "Ups uses real names, not ebay names" Now, I consider myself a fairly intelligent and articulate person, but I didn't really see that as a question. I only realized it after a few days passed that perhaps thats what he was asking for. I guess it just seems strange that a company like Lethal or Evolution who, oddly enough, probably process hundreds of orders a week has the ability to send me an email with a tracking number for an item I payed oh, $600+ dollars for and would like to ensure is in fact on its way to me, and that my money isn't just being taken and run with?

Also, he never asked for my name, he replied back with, "Ups uses real names, not ebay names" Now, I consider myself a fairly intelligent and articulate person, but I didn't really see that as a question. I only realized it after a few days passed that perhaps thats what he was asking for. I guess it just seems strange that a company like Lethal or Evolution who, oddly enough, probably process hundreds of orders a week has the ability to send me an email with a tracking number for an item I payed oh, $600+ dollars for and would like to ensure is in fact on its way to me, and that my money isn't just being taken and run with?

I agree with you. He should have been nicer about it, especially when he has 600 bucks of your money.

Starkie

Archived