TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supposed KR "exhaust" only!

SLB8SNK

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious - why would anyone on any public forum have to title the thread - "Don't Delete - just an honest question".

Is this site gaining a reputation or what.

HSURB

:rant2:

Keep it on topic HSURB or you'll be the next complete idiot to be banned!

:hysterical:

Wow, two threads on mufflers. I guess Ill wait a bit before buying. As far as the kay are parts, no reason they all should not be available to everyone. Well except the data plate. Only a kay are is a kay are. And no reason for what happened in the closed thread. Of course, no one can force anyone to sell anything. Im sure there will be more parts comming out that will do the same. What is the consensous of what muffler is louder than stock but, does not have that dreaded drone?

Wow, two threads on mufflers. I guess Ill wait a bit before buying. As far as the kay are parts, no reason they all should not be available to everyone. Well except the data plate. Only a kay are is a kay are. And no reason for what happened in the closed thread. Of course, no one can force anyone to sell anything. Im sure there will be more parts comming out that will do the same. What is the consensous of what muffler is louder than stock but, does not have that dreaded drone?

KR mufflers dont have a drone (well they do but only at 12-1400rpm as far as I can tell), I will post a vid later today

KR mufflers dont have a drone (well they do but only at 12-1400rpm as far as I can tell), I will post a vid later today

You better charge up your video recorder then; Starkie said he would post a video last week after he charged up his recorder - still waiting :boring:

From both personal experience with a KR and after listening/seeing the posted videos, the actual KR exhaust has a higher pitch to it than the over the counter set does.

At least that's what I'm hearing anyway.

a by-product of the Modified H-Pipe

:yup: Yes indeedy.

i've heard them both they dont sound that much different, also in my vid you are much closer to the exhaust and I am under more boost with more whine. They xpipe will be inherently quiter than the hpipe however.

Ultimately I really don't care what the KR sounds like. I was looking for a ford racing part exhaust with no drone and a better low rpm rumble, and that is what I got.

i've heard them both they dont sound that much different, also in my vid you are much closer to the exhaust and I am under more boost with more whine. They xpipe will be inherently quiter than the hpipe however.

Ultimately I really don't care what the KR sounds like. I was looking for a ford racing part exhaust with no drone and a better low rpm rumble, and that is what I got.

First thanks for taking the time to make this sound clip, nice job!!!! I would like to know the difference in sound between FFRP kr Muffler and the FFRP sgt Muffler. I have the SVT1 and will change to one of these 2.

I also like the way they appear to align straight with the car rather than at an angle like some other cylindrical mufflers I've seen.

Well, I finally worked up the courage and just bought the dang things. I have a high end HD video camera that I will use to get a good sound clip of these things and ill post it on my own web server so that the video/audio quality is not reduced...svtboost your video is a good one but stupid youtube downgrades video so much, but your video was the main selling point for me, thank you sir.

CRQuarto, Since your's is stock AND the right color combo, I would anxiously await your video clip also, if I hadn't already placed an order, too. Regardless of the sound, it will be good to get a KoRect muffler/tip to replace the Jack-the-ripper/cheese-grater thing Ford put on there!

Has anybody done a poll on the rate of satisfaction with the factory exhaust?

CRQuarto, Since your's is stock AND the right color combo, I would anxiously await your video clip also, if I hadn't already placed an order, too. Regardless of the sound, it will be good to get a KoRect muffler/tip to replace the Jack-the-ripper/cheese-grater thing Ford put on there!

Has anybody done a poll on the rate of satisfaction with the factory exhaust?

Will do bud :) only thing about the cheese grater thing, is I would imagine that it attributes to the sound....

Will do bud :) only thing about the cheese grater thing, is I would imagine that it attributes to the sound....

I was referring to the factory chop job as a cheese-grater because of the way it treats my hands when I am washing around it. I consider the Bullitt tip to be a thing of beauty.

Just to mix things up a little, I went a different route to the same quest for a real good sound and a nice tip.

I got the SLP Powerflo axleback. They have a nice stainless double wall tip with the correct angle cut that does not stick out too far like some of the others. While the sound is not as loud as the loudmouths, it is much louder and deeper than stock. This is on my otherwise stock '07. I do plan to add headers one day, so that is why I went with the Powerflo over the loudmouth.

I like!

I understand that there are some very nice aftermarket exhausts out there, but for myself, I preferred to finish out the back of the GT500 with something more legitimate and in the "blood line". To me, it seems that Ford/SVT must have run out of project budget and turned the lights out before they finished the GT500's exhaust system. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe the hack-job on the tips and the lack of spirit in the sound; especially after looking at the Shelby GT's and the Bullitt intro videos.

Now, if the KoRect axle-back system box will just get here, I can finish their job (Job #3 ?) and get on with enjoying driving (and washing ) the GT500. :peelout:

I just finished putting a set of these on my vert. tonight and I can confirm they are sweet!!! :rockon: This is my first mod so otherwise it is stock. The fit is perfect. The tips are large and very nice and do not stick out to far. The low rpm rumble is very nice and it comes on strong at the higher rpms. It sounds great on de-acceleration without poping to much. It seems to have a slight drown in the mid teens but not much. I will need to take it out for a longer drive to place the exact rpm's. I can tell you it is not bad at all. I will try to get a video if I can free up some time. Anyway, it sounds great and I give it a big thumbs up. :happy feet: Tried to take some pics but only the closer shots worked with the flash so here are a couple.

kr_muffler1.JPG

kr_muffler2.JPG

kr_muffler3.JPG

I was referring to the factory chop job as a cheese-grater because of the way it treats my hands when I am washing around it. I consider the Bullitt tip to be a thing of beauty.

Ahh, sorry, misunderstood, I thought you were referring to the holes in the tips of the KR mufflers. Yeah, the cut on the stock exhaust is pretty crappy...

Archived