TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Are Terlingua Colors?

sprint200

Lucifer'sColors: which would you choose?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a car with a black hood what color would you want the logo to be?

• Yellow
    • Silver
    • Buyer's choice of the two
    • Other

We've all seen the prototypes; the supercharged black monster with the "sharp pointy teeth" (just for you Vorpal :D ) and the bright yellow hood and the very good looking Grabber Orange base model with the flat black hood. They each have a "Lucifer" logo front and center on the hood, black and yellow respectively.

Until yesterday we've been told that the black cars will get the yellow hoods and black logo just like the prototype.

And all others would get a flat black hood with the yellow logo just like the prototype.

I based the purchase of my daughter's car on that information. We now own a white '08 V6 mustang which we thought would receive a black hood, black stripes, and a yellow hood decal along with the remaining accents of yellow on the fenders, trunk deck lid etc.

Now we have been told that the cars with the black hoods will receive a silver "Lucifer" sticker.

So my question is: "Do you think the black hoods should have a yellow "Lucifer" or a silver "Lucifer"?

What do you think is more in keeping with the Terlingua heritage and tradition?

My vote, if it counts, is YELLOW!!!!

IMHO, the rabbit should be only in black and yellow colors. It was my understanding that black cars would get the yellow hood with black rabbit, all other cars would get a black hood with a yellow rabbit. I had considering doing a red car with the black hood and yellow rabbit. I thought the color combination would look great and be something original.

I hadn't heard of a silver rabbit before yesterday.

Yellow

...where does silver even come into this? Why not purple?

Its yellow or black, why does this even have to be difficult? Is silver cheaper?

I mean its okay...they can put a silver one on, and then I can just have a yellow one put on afterwards, but I dont see the logic...

I cant do this until next year anyway...

I appreciate everyone's participation so far. :beerchug: This has pretty much gone the way I thought it would.

However, SOMEBODY has some 'fessin' up to do :club:

If you voted "OTHER" I would like to know what that "OTHER" color should be and why?????? Don't just leave us guessing :redcard:

Thanks again and keep the votes coming...........

I appreciate everyone's participation so far. :beerchug: This has pretty much gone the way I thought it would.

However, SOMEBODY has some 'fessin' up to do :club:

If you voted "OTHER" I would like to know what that "OTHER" color should be and why?????? Don't just leave us guessing :redcard:

Thanks again and keep the votes coming...........

Vista Blue w/ black hood & stripes.

Not sure what color rabbit would look good with that combo?

They had a blue original Terlingua, but no stripes or blk hood.

Terlingua-No2.jpg

Horst Kwech (2) in his Shelby Mustang, painted blue

with the white C-stripe, laps the Lancia Fulvia (41) of

Browne Goodwin while exiting Turn 9. Kwech was

the race winner.

I'd put the silver bunny on SHARON's car...maybe even Roberts. All I have to say is that mine better be yellow cause I'll be repainting otherwise. Then again, a silver rabbit would look good on a black car if you left it all black and silver.

I just realized that I'm going to have a great template of the rabbit on the hood of my car for my trailer.

I'd put the silver bunny on SHARON's car...maybe even Roberts. All I have to say is that mine better be yellow cause I'll be repainting otherwise. Then again, a silver rabbit would look good on a black car if you left it all black and silver.

I just realized that I'm going to have a great template of the rabbit on the hood of my car for my trailer.

I think mine will be silver

I think that yellow would look really good on the black or yellow or even white car put I think on the blue or red car I would pick the silver.

Sprint, I feel your pain, but if the program has been set, that's what it is. We went down this path with the infamous flat black and Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS). I believe there is a company that advertises, "Have it your way" I kind of like that approach. My vote is your choice for whatever that is worth. It all boils down to Shelby wants to project their brand a certain way, and it is their brand. Your daughter's car is going to look awesome, although not exactly what you had envisioned. When she sees it for the first time, she will be thrilled.

cobrafan,

If only that company were a restaurant chain. I might eat there :hysterical::hysterical:

There are two significant differences between the previous color issues and this one:

First the traditional TRT colors of Gadawful Yellow and Black are what they are. Yes cars of other colors were campaigned by TRT drivers, but this is a tribute car and should stay true to the most recognizable heritage of the Terlingua lore as it were. So as far as "branding" goes, this car should be branded as a Terlingua rather than an SAI; otherwise what's the point (imho).

Second neither of the previous models mentioned ever had a prototype built with different color stripes AND had those colors used in marketing materials.

And lest anyone think I'm starting a "sour grapes" campaign; I was asked to start this poll after some private correspondence had already taken place.

sharon,

While I don't disagree with the fact that silver would LOOK good, Terlingua was never about LOOKING good. :tequila: :runaway: It was about bucking convention and winning. Besides, blue and yellow are both primary colors and go very well together. I think they would look just as good. The red cars with yellow Lucifers would be the biggest fashion risk and even still, in a Terlingua kind of way, I believe they would look good together too. :beerchug:

edit: The one car that I can see having silver actually is YOURS (the yellow cars) because they already have the black and yellow theme with the base color and the black hood and stripe :shades:

SPRSNK,

Seeing as how you hale from the northwest coastline, wouldn't you be afraid of an all black car with silver badging looking a bit like an Oakland Raiders tribute car??????????? :stirpot:

Anywhoooo, I've been relatively quiet on this thread because it is not my intention to start an insurrection. I simply wanted to get some feedback from actual and potential customers.

SPRSNK,

Seeing as how you hale from the northwest coastline, wouldn't you be afraid of an all black car with silver badging looking a bit like an Oakland Raiders tribute car??????????? :stirpot:

Doesn't matter up in the NW. Only football team up there is the Seattle Seachickens and nobody admits to liking them!

/ducks

As a kid I was always a Dallas fan anyways.

• 8 months later...
Doesn't matter up in the NW. Only football team up there is the Seattle Seachickens and nobody admits to liking them!

/ducks

As a kid I was always a Dallas fan anyways.

If I could buy one, I would make it Red with black hood and Silver bunny/stripes.

Interesting that Louis pulled this thread back up. Interesting. Our Vista Blue will have a silver bunny. sounds like the thread is kinda split on vista blue.

It sounds like Louis might be working on something?

Interesting that Louis pulled this thread back up. Interesting. Our Vista Blue will have a silver bunny. sounds like the thread is kinda split on vista blue.

It sounds like Louis might be working on something?

ha-ha.. I need to win one!!! Actually, I wouldn't mind a full blown race version....I can store it in the warehouse......find a good used 05, put a Blower or GT500 engine, roll bars.

Hey, I can convert my SGT-C to Terlingua..th forst of its kind...Just kidding!!

Archived