TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sat in a GT500 Yesterday

Gerry Chase 1128

We had just finished watching a HS swim meet where my daughter was competing. I loaded the car and tuned the radio to the Wyoming vs Air Force game (the Pokes lost by a TD). A commercial comes on advertising a newly arrived Shelby GT500 at a dealership about 80 miles away - that's an hour in Wyo. I looked at my wife and said "We can be there before they close if we hurry." I got the look which told me she wasn't even going to try to persuade me otherwise. As we got closer to the dealership, I could feel my excitement increasing. I can't imagine how it's going to feel when I go to pick mine up in November.

I can see through the showroom windows it's tungsten with satin silver. I look at the sticker and it says they are taking bids on the car. As reported on this forum, the salesmen don't know squat about the car. "They are only making a thousand of these. Five-hundred this year and five-hundred next." These were only a few of the comments which indicated their ignorance. My daughter knows more than they do. One salesman reported, "One just sold on ebay for $78,000.00." I could barely contain my comments. I played nice since I wanted to get them to open the hood and let me inside the car. I played along with the hype and showed them enough "serious" interest they let me have access to the car.

The vinyl stripes are fine from a distance. Up close, it is obviously vynil with the edges being abrupt both in sight and touch. The stripes were applied symmetrically, and I didn't notice any air bubbles. The paint shows some minor orange peel in the right light and angle. The front spoiler is a good six inches from the ground and shouldn't be a problem with driveway curbs, etc. especially at an angle. The interior looked very nice for a $43,000.00 car. The shifter isn't as firm as I would like it, but it is definitely firmer than any other stock mustang I've felt. I looked for the mp3 input on the console. I couldn't find it. I asked the salesman, and he said, "It's got the 6 CD changer."

The engine compartment is stuffed full and the sight of it with the supercharger really makes you want to start it up and drive. Of course the salesman weren't even going to let that happen. Anyhow, I left feeling very confident in my decision to purchase this vehicle, and the next two months of PSDS will be challenging.

We had just finished watching a HS swim meet where my daughter was competing. I loaded the car and tuned the radio to the Wyoming vs Air Force game (the Pokes lost by a TD). A commercial comes on advertising a newly arrived Shelby GT500 at a dealership about 80 miles away - that's an hour in Wyo. I looked at my wife and said "We can be there before they close if we hurry." I got the look which told me she wasn't even going to try to persuade me otherwise. As we got closer to the dealership, I could feel my excitement increasing. I can't imagine how it's going to feel when I go to pick mine up in November.

I can see through the showroom windows it's tungsten with satin silver. I look at the sticker and it says they are taking bids on the car. As reported on this forum, the salesmen don't know squat about the car. "They are only making a thousand of these. Five-hundred this year and five-hundred next." These were only a few of the comments which indicated their ignorance. My daughter knows more than they do. One salesman reported, "One just sold on ebay for $78,000.00." I could barely contain my comments. I played nice since I wanted to get them to open the hood and let me inside the car. I played along with the hype and showed them enough "serious" interest they let me have access to the car.

The vinyl stripes are fine from a distance. Up close, it is obviously vynil with the edges being abrupt both in sight and touch. The stripes were applied symmetrically, and I didn't notice any air bubbles. The paint shows some minor orange peel in the right light and angle. The front spoiler is a good six inches from the ground and shouldn't be a problem with driveway curbs, etc. especially at an angle. The interior looked very nice for a $43,000.00 car. The shifter isn't as firm as I would like it, but it is definitely firmer than any other stock mustang I've felt. I looked for the mp3 input on the console. I couldn't find it. I asked the salesman, and he said, "It's got the 6 CD changer."

The engine compartment is stuffed full and the sight of it with the supercharger really makes you want to start it up and drive. Of course the salesman weren't even going to let that happen. Anyhow, I left feeling very confident in my decision to purchase this vehicle, and the next two months of PSDS will be challenging.

gchaser1,

Thanks for the insights. Just out of curiousity, where in Wyo (?) was this dealership? Pokes gave it their best--they've got a bunch of scrappers this year--just need a few breaks to fall their way.

CC

The mp3 jack is in the console, next to another 12v outlet. Just takes a mini plug. The "other" mp3 they talk about is the fact that the shaker 500 or 1000 can play mp3 CDs, so you can create "folders" etc. It's all in the owners manual. I'm gonna buy a wireless thing for my iPod because it's a pain in the ass to have to have the cord sticking out and to play with the controls on the iPod itself. The stereo does not control any aux input mechanisms.

bj

The mp3 jack is in the console, next to another 12v outlet. Just takes a mini plug. The "other" mp3 they talk about is the fact that the shaker 500 or 1000 can play mp3 CDs, so you can create "folders" etc. It's all in the owners manual. I'm gonna buy a wireless thing for my iPod because it's a pain in the ass to have to have the cord sticking out and to play with the controls on the iPod itself. The stereo does not control any aux input mechanisms.

bj

Thanks for the info. VNMOUS1

gchaser1,

Thanks for the insights. Just out of curiousity, where in Wyo (?) was this dealership? Pokes gave it their best--they've got a bunch of scrappers this year--just need a few breaks to fall their way.

CC

Sweetwater Ford in Rock Springs is the dealer. The pokes have had three tough losses which could have gone either way. I hope they recover and play to their potential.

Typical Wyoming GT500 pictures - snow and cattle

mustang_in_snow.JPG

mustang_with_cows.JPG

mustang_in_snow.JPG

mustang_with_cows.JPG

Archived