TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Coupe with Tungsten Stripes

ColdwaterHotrod

Here are some Photos of the First Shelby GT500 delivered to my Home Town (it's Guy #1's car from the list).

Mine will be here hopefully by Christmas or Thanksgiving. I spent 2 hours talking to him about this car & he is one hell of a nice guy. It started raining after I took these shots so I was unable to get my ride. He said when he gets back from Lost Wages, NV we'll go for a ride & I can drive it :happy feet: All I can say is I can't wait to get mine, It's ONE HELL OF A SWEET RIDE!

post-768-1159105582_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105659_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105739_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105781_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105824_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105582_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105659_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105739_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105781_thumb.jpg

:drool:

Here are some Photos of the First Shelby GT500 delivered to my Home Town (it's Guy #1's car from the list).

Mine will be here hopefully by Christmas or Thanksgiving. I spent 2 hours talking to him about this car & he is one hell of a nice guy. It started raining after I took these shots so I was unable to get my ride. He said when he gets back from Lost Wages, NV we'll go for a ride & I can drive it :happy feet: All I can say is I can't wait to get mine, It's ONE HELL OF A SWEET RIDE!

post-768-1159105582_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105659_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105739_thumb.jpgpost-768-1159105781_thumb.jpg

:drool: I drooled on it. It's awesome looking. Hopefully your Christmas present comes.

That color is really growing on me.

You can't really appreciate an orange car until you see it in person, so that thing must be that much more beutiful.

I remember when I helped set up a few SVT meets a couple of years ago we had an Orange stang show up, that thing was pretty incredible in person.

--Russ

That color is really growing on me.

You can't really appreciate an orange car until you see it in person, so that thing must be that much more beutiful.

I remember when I helped set up a few SVT meets a couple of years ago we had an Orange stang show up, that thing was pretty incredible in person.

--Russ

Seriously...I gotta woody after seeing those pics!

• 3 months later...

here is another for those who like G.O.

post-768-1159105582_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105659_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105739_thumb.jpg

post-768-1159105781_thumb.jpg

Its the PSDS I tell ya. :doh: Not to worry, the cure is coming. :happy feet:

KC666

During the next month I am going to do a few mods to our GT/CS while I waite and order some more stuff for the inbound GT500 to keep me occupied. I do have a couple of mods that I would like to do on my Harley now that I think about it. Hmmmm.....Chrome stuff, and it's 30% off in the winter. :hyper:

Grabber orange with black or white stripes looks very nice...I'm not convinced that Tungsten stripes on Grabber Orange look that good simply because there is a "purple hue" to Tungsten and to me purple and orange don't mix...again, just my opinion...

Grabber orange with black or white stripes looks very nice...I'm not convinced that Tungsten stripes on Grabber Orange look that good simply because there is a "purple hue" to Tungsten and to me purple and orange don't mix...again, just my opinion...

I can honestly say I did not see any purple hue in the stripes like I did with the painted color of the cars I have seen. :happy feet:

ColdwaterHotrod,...not to belabor this, but it seems to be more pronounced in the early morning and late afternoon light...there's a co-worker in my building who has a Tungsten Grey GT and to me it definitely has some "purple" in it at times...unlike the '05 color of Mineral Grey. Because of this I did not choose that color and in the end wound up with Windveil Blue...though I came very close to purchasing a Tungsten Grey one.

ColdwaterHotrod,...not to belabor this, but it seems to be more pronounced in the early morning and late afternoon light...there's a co-worker in my building who has a Tungsten Grey GT and to me it definitely has some "purple" in it at times...unlike the '05 color of Mineral Grey. Because of this I did not choose that color and in the end wound up with Windveil Blue...though I came very close to purchasing a Tungsten Grey one.

No problem... I'm just saying the decals are not paint & that could be why I didn't see any purple hue at all & I have seen this car in all lighting conditions. I too was thinking of going Tungsten with satin silver but the hue in the paint was the killer of the deal for me under certain lighting conditions which is not seen on the decal.

Archived