TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Reaches Full Scale Production

robertlane

There is a dealer in Apple Valley Minnesota with 2 2008 GT500 convertibles selling for under MSRP. I figure buy one, add about 20K in mods, and I'll have an 800 RWHP fire breathing dragon for 70K. Can't beat that!

smart move, send it to Evo for a TT build, very rare SHELBY

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking from the outside in, many people seemed to have tired of all the waiting.

I suppose I can understand that, but in my business most people are used to waiting.

Still working the deal for a GT500 Vert UNDER MSRP......I am very excited! I want to wait a few more days to see what the market does to see if i can get it for 5K under.....it's about time the consumer is in control of their negotiations of the GT500.

Still working the deal for a GT500 Vert UNDER MSRP......I am very excited! I want to wait a few more days to see what the market does to see if i can get it for 5K under.....it's about time the consumer is in control of their negotiations of the GT500.

5 under is a wish since there is only 4000 or so mark up n a gt500

I understand that problems are beginning to surface on delivered KR's.

I can think of a couple already posted on this board. :lurk:

My dealer called, car will be delivered 2nd week in November, but before I dump extra cash into this; tell me, what problmes are you talking about in ADDITION to the "standard" problems in the GT500? ........ I can't believe I just said this, but, it is what it is! :banghead:

My dealer called, car will be delivered 2nd week in November, but before I dump extra cash into this; tell me, what problmes are you talking about in ADDITION to the "standard" problems in the GT500? ........ I can't believe I just said this, but, it is what it is! :banghead:

I don't want to get banned so you need to look through all the posts other people have made right on this site.

I don't want to get banned so you need to look through all the posts other people have made right on this site.

I assume that you are referring to the guy who reported finding repaired bodywork on his KR? That sure was a nasty tale if true. Aside from that and some availability issues though, I haven't heard any specific problems with the KR - then again, its pretty early days, seeing as many are still to be delivered, and many that have been delivered are still sitting on dealer lots...

Chris.

Ford doesn't have any problem when we post threads on problems owners are having on Ford cars so why would SAI? After all, they're just the upfitter on the KR for Ford. It's not like the post-retail SS which is an SAI vehicle (they are mfgr of record on the SS, yes?).

I assure you that if I had an KR and had problems I'd want to share that information and also hear of others problems, insights, mods, etc -- that's what made this site so great. Could you imagine not being able to freely share info on the clutch stuff or any of the myriad problems, mods and tech info unique to each and every car?

Btw, how come I never hear about the SS-725 problems? Is that off-limits for discussion too? I would think SAI would encourage such information sharing so others are aware and can avoid/prevent similar issues. Isn't sharing technical issues/fixes/info one of the distinct benefits of being on a forum in the first place? Is that not why they call these venues "forums" in the first place? What else is a forum? Is there any car forum on the net in which folks *don't* discuss such topics? If so, I haven't seen one yet and I'm a member on many.

The off-topic humor and fun is, undeniably, a joy for sure, but the cars are what it's all about -- at least that's what I thought it was about and that's what it's about for me. I'm rapidly getting very confused on the purpose of this site now. I'm assuming the change of ownership (assuming that's true) hasn't changed the basic premise of what this forum is all about. If it has changed I sure hope someone will step-up and post what that's all about. Maybe that's been done and I've just missed it?

Am I wrong in assuming the rules are the same and that the only tangible change is that this sire is now for all Shelby vehicles, whether built and designed by Ford or Shelby or both? :shrug:

Anyhow, if we could talk openly about the GT500 why can't we talk openly about the GT500KR? Both are 100% designed and built by FoMoCo with the latter having Ford-designed and SAI-contracted pre-retail upfit work.

I must be missing something. If frank and respectfull free discussion of all team shelby vehicles are no longer permitted here I'd like someone to say that -- in writing. I signed a contract when I registered with this site and I've abided by it. If the terms have changed I want to know. Contracts are mutually binding. lacking a written change, none has occured. Unless some change is publically posted as a revision of my registration contract my assumption is there has been no binding change.

So, what problems are the KRs having besides the base GT500 ones we all know of?

I'm only aware of the unever paint thickness item -- which may or may not have been indiginous to the base GT500 -- dunno. Are the specific failure/defects unique to the KR upfit build?

Dan

Ford doesn't have any problem when we post threads on problems owners are having on Ford cars so why would SAI? After all, they're just the upfitter on the KR for Ford. It's not like the post-retail SS which is an SAI vehicle (they are mfgr of record on the SS, yes?).

I assure you that if I had an KR and had problems I'd want to share that information and also hear of others problems, insights, mods, etc -- that's what made this site so great. Could you imagine not being able to freely share info on the clutch stuff or any of the myriad problems, mods and tech info unique to each and every car?

Btw, how come I never hear about the SS-725 problems? Is that off-limits for discussion too? I would think SAI would encourage such information sharing so others are aware and can avoid/prevent similar issues. Isn't sharing technical issues/fixes/info one of the distinct benefits of being on a forum in the first place? Is that not why they call these venues "forums" in the first place? What else is a forum? Is there any car forum on the net in which folks *don't* discuss such topics? If so, I haven't seen one yet and I'm a member on many.

The off-topic humor and fun is, undeniably, a joy for sure, but the cars are what it's all about -- at least that's what I thought it was about and that's what it's about for me. I'm rapidly getting very confused on the purpose of this site now. I'm assuming the change of ownership (assuming that's true) hasn't changed the basic premise of what this forum is all about. If it has changed I sure hope someone will step-up and post what that's all about. Maybe that's been done and I've just missed it?

Am I wrong in assuming the rules are the same and that the only tangible change is that this sire is now for all Shelby vehicles, whether built and designed by Ford or Shelby or both? :shrug:

Anyhow, if we could talk openly about the GT500 why can't we talk openly about the GT500KR? Both are 100% designed and built by FoMoCo with the latter having Ford-designed and SAI-contracted pre-retail upfit work.

I must be missing something. If frank and respectfull free discussion of all team shelby vehicles are no longer permitted here I'd like someone to say that -- in writing. I signed a contract when I registered with this site and I've abided by it. If the terms have changed I want to know. Contracts are mutually binding. lacking a written change, none has occured. Unless some change is publically posted as a revision of my registration contract my assumption is there has been no binding change.

So, what problems are the KRs having besides the base GT500 ones we all know of?

I'm only aware of the unever paint thickness item -- which may or may not have been indiginous to the base GT500 -- dunno. Are the specific failure/defects unique to the KR upfit build?

Dan

In 100% agreement. Lets hear the issues!

Dan

There was a free discussion on the Supersnake hood design. Not by any idea blocked by administrators or moderators.

There was a free discussion on the Supersnake hood design. Not by any idea blocked by administrators or moderators.

I agree, Patrick. I don't see any problem talking about KR problems. I don't think anyone would try to prevent such a conversation so long as factual and respectful, etc.

I've heard of other SS problems too but, like the KR, that should be up to those who own them to bring-up if so inclined.

Actually, I'm not aware of any other KR-specific problems, that's why I was interested ...and cringed at the thought that somehow there's a problem with discussing them.

Dan

I agree, Patrick. I don't see any problem talking about KR problems. I don't think anyone would try to prevent such a conversation so long as factual and respectful, etc.

I've heard of other SS problems too but, like the KR, that should be up to those who own them to bring-up if so inclined.

Actually, I'm not aware of any other KR-specific problems, that's why I was interested ...and cringed at the thought that somehow there's a problem with discussing them.

Dan

what ever happened to the jeep guy with the factory damaged kr ??

guess the truth was too much for the administrator and he got kicked off !!!!

does anyone have his email address ?

i may have similiar problems with my brand new 500

marty

marty

Dunno ...that's the fellow whose paint metered very thick in spots?

I was hoping he'd let us know what he found. He sounded like he was sure it was done/fixed at SAI but I was wondering if it could have been the dealer ...or even at the factory? :shrug:

marty

post #28

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...20&start=20

Dan

Soooo, I'm curious what problems you've heard that the SS is having. My GT500 will probally be going in in November. I read these forums to gather info from people that have these cars. So far I have not heard of any one continuous problem.

Aggie

Aggie, it would not be appropriate for me to comment on problems I've heard of on other's cars ...hope you understand. --Dan

Sold my black KR & Cancelled my Red KR on Friday. Seeing as though shelby auto has taken so long on the SS conversion I sold my GT500 too. After driving a new GT-R (which by the way made my GT500 feel like a turd) that will take the place of the KR's and any other Shelby's for me.

Sold my black KR & Cancelled my Red KR on Friday. Seeing as though shelby auto has taken so long on the SS conversion I sold my GT500 too. After driving a new GT-R (which by the way made my GT500 feel like a turd) that will take the place of the KR's and any other Shelby's for me.

:headscratch:

just watch on how you drive that gt-r they do not cover the trany under warranty :censored:

they are not made to drive hard

just watch on how you drive that gt-r they do not cover the trany under warranty :censored:

they are not made to drive hard

I have a 2008 GT500KR and it was delivered in supurb condition, no problems, all the paint is perfect condition, the hood matches just fine.

If there was any issues I would let everyone know and post them, the only noticable thing is the wheel hop, other than that is perfect.

I am very pleased with my purchase and I am sure I will be for many years to come, this car is amazingly fast, nimble and draws more attention than any other car on the road.

If you have the means I would not hesitate to purchase this car, you won't regret buying it.

The exhaust note is fantastic.

Aggie, it would not be appropriate for me to comment on problems I've heard of on other's cars ...hope you understand. --Dan

Well, no I don't really. Your previous post gives me a little different impression on discussing these issues. Isn't that what these forums are for?? :headscratch:

Aggie

Archived