TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Reaches Full Scale Production

robertlane

Shame on you for mentioning the "V" word!

Keep in mind, Shelby autos is/was also building Shelby GTs and SuperSnakes at the same time. If you've ever been to the Vegas plant, you'd agree it's not a huge operation. There are only so many cars they can push out the door each day.

If they couldn't handle it, they shouldn't have signed up for it then?

Although I heard it's not all their fault...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard they will be making a KR in 2010.

I'm really having second thoughts now on even taking it.

With more KR's, instant devaluation. Kind of like the housing market.

Who told you this? I heard that the 2008 and 2009 will be the only KR's made. Also remember that the 2008 will be the only ones with the 40th badges.

Who told you this? I heard that the 2008 and 2009 will be the only KR's made. Also remember that the 2008 will be the only ones with the 40th badges.

I think it Jalopnik that was show spy pics of it as well as some other websites.

If you're interested, I will try and remember where they were.

I think it Jalopnik that was show spy pics of it as well as some other websites.

If you're interested, I will try and remember where they were.

If you can I would like to see them, I know there where rumors of a 2010 Shelby but had not heard of a KR.

Sharon

I think the KR's are running! Mine hit the dealership on the 11th and was just delivered yesterday....it sounds SO GOOD !!! I love my GT500, but this is really SWEET! Your can't be far behind. I talked to the guy at Accurate Auto Shippers (they have the Shelby contract) and he said there were some crossed wires that got them out to SAI to pick up the KR's to deliver them, once they got there, they weren't ready so they went back to Michigan (with all their trucks) then got a call saying HEY..where are you guys? We've got a bunch of KR's ready to deliver!....now this is first class gossip, but I at least got it from the driver who was in on the haul job from Shelby, so it's somewhat plausibly possible exactly true...!

Anyhoo, CarNut...you will be VERY pleased - I know I am .

:happy feet:

post-8929-1222221238_thumb.jpg

post-8929-1222221238_thumb.jpg

I have heard they will be making a KR in 2010.

I'm really having second thoughts now on even taking it.

With more KR's, instant devaluation. Kind of like the housing market.

with a new 6 year contact with Ford there will be plenty of Shelby's

I think the KR's are running! Mine hit the dealership on the 11th and was just delivered yesterday....it sounds SO GOOD !!! I love my GT500, but this is really SWEET! Your can't be far behind. I talked to the guy at Accurate Auto Shippers (they have the Shelby contract) and he said there were some crossed wires that got them out to SAI to pick up the KR's to deliver them, once they got there, they weren't ready so they went back to Michigan (with all their trucks) then got a call saying HEY..where are you guys? We've got a bunch of KR's ready to deliver!....now this is first class gossip, but I at least got it from the driver who was in on the haul job from Shelby, so it's somewhat plausibly possible exactly true...!

Anyhoo, CarNut...you will be VERY pleased - I know I am .

:happy feet:

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR NEW KR--WHAT COLOR DID YOU GET ???

A WORD TO THE WISE, BUY A PAINT METER AND GO ALL OVER THE CAR.

I GOT MINE #106 A MONTH AGO(BLACK ON BLACK) AND IT has major undisclosed damage and repairs done to it. the paint mils range fom 4.5(normal) to 14 mils.

i have now been waiting for about a month for ford to buy this wreck back or replace it and it looks like i'll be waiting alot longer !!!!!!

again good luck with yous

sam

A WORD TO THE WISE, BUY A PAINT METER AND GO ALL OVER THE CAR.

I GOT MINE #106 A MONTH AGO(BLACK ON BLACK) AND IT has major undisclosed damage and repairs done to it. the paint mils range fom 4.5(normal) to 14 mils.

Wow, that is *amazing*! I never would have thought to use a paint meter on a new car - what a horror story. I am definately getting myself a paint meter and doing this check on all my cars...

Chris.

I got the silver/blue...seemed like the ONLY way to go. I just was mesmerized by the photos for the last year and a half and couldn't see getting a different color - NO OFFENSE to others with differing opinions - you know how preferences go - everyone's got one. The pipes make a big difference in the sound, I haven't even turned on the radio yet 'cause I like listening to the car so much! Now for my next conquest...the red Super Snake! that's going to be amazing too...

OH - and YES the brake duct kit DID come in the trunk in a box

OH - and YES the brake duct kit DID come in the trunk in a box

thx for the many pm's

yep--its pretty beat

of my ford products, i own a gt(40), 08 gt500, and a s.africa cobra etc, etc. had every intension of buying a gt500 convertible for my wife this fall.

after seeing how this car was sold to me and how i have been lied to about undisclosed damage and repairs, i will for the rest of my life tell everyone about this experience with shelby/ford.

i do approx 30 car shows per year with my collection of american cars, this story will travel far and wide.

i met a guy at a show this weekend who purchased a brand new shelby gt--after hearing his story about his hood scoop, stripes and shifter problems etc, etc and the way he has been treated by both ford and shelby, its a wonder that anyone is buying shelby products.

as far as how and why's pertaining to the condition of my brand new 100,000 wrecked kr, i do have all the documentation. ford is trying to get it from me, but i will only release it to an attorney in the event that i have to hire one

i will keep you up-dated as events unfold

sam

thx for the many pm's

yep--its pretty beat

of my ford products, i own a gt(40), 08 gt500, and a s.africa cobra etc, etc. had every intension of buying a gt500 convertible for my wife this fall.

after seeing how this car was sold to me and how i have been lied to about undisclosed damage and repairs, i will for the rest of my life tell everyone about this experience with shelby/ford.

i do approx 30 car shows per year with my collection of american cars, this story will travel far and wide.

i met a guy at a show this weekend who purchased a brand new shelby gt--after hearing his story about his hood scoop, stripes and shifter problems etc, etc and the way he has been treated by both ford and shelby, its a wonder that anyone is buying shelby products.

as far as how and why's pertaining to the condition of my brand new 100,000 wrecked kr, i do have all the documentation. ford is trying to get it from me, but i will only release it to an attorney in the event that i have to hire one

i will keep you up-dated as events unfold

sam

It seems to me that copies of the documentation sent to Ford would only aid in getting something done for you. It takes two sides to come to a resolution.

Just my 2 cents.

It seems to me that copies of the documentation sent to Ford would only aid in getting something done for you. It takes two sides to come to a resolution.

Just my 2 cents.

Funny, but that's the exact same thought that went thru my mind when I first read Sam's post.

Sam, even if it comes to litigation, you'd have to disclose all that anyway, so why not give Ford: the benefit of the doubt, the documentation, and the op to make it right. Also, good idea to contact Ford-N.A. VP of Customer Service if he's not already in the loop.

Good luck!

Dan

Gee, here it is the end of September.

Shelby was supposed to have called all the dealers and give them schedule long ago.

To date, mine has not.

I called my dealer and cancelled the KR. I'm tired of waiting and I'll just get something else.

With the lack of response, I don't think this would be any better if I really did have a problem with the car, like a bad hood, broken splitter, who knows. I just don't think there would be a resolution in a reasonable length of time. For me, that would not be acceptable.

I am certainly too old to wait for any appreciable collector value, so what is the point.

Besides in the next few years Ford will offer something better for less.

And I will probably get it schedule when I buy it and it will be delivered when promised

There is a dealer in Apple Valley Minnesota with 2 2008 GT500 convertibles selling for under MSRP. I figure buy one, add about 20K in mods, and I'll have an 800 RWHP fire breathing dragon for 70K. Can't beat that!

Wow, what's the delivery. Sorry, duh, right away. Got a phone number. :drool:

Archived