TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Reaches Full Scale Production

robertlane

August 19, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0800122DC Shelby GT500KR Reaches Full Scale Production

Production of the highly anticipated 2008 Shelby GT500KR has now reached full scale.

A measured ramp-up was utilized to ensure the highest quality vehicles would be shipped to our customers. With the many new product features and equipment engineered for this limited production muscle car, additional time was required to ensure quality levels of every component meet the demanding requirements set out by the Ford and the Shelby team.

All 2008 Shelby GT500KRs are expected to be built by the end of October.

Shelby Automobiles representatives will make outbound phone calls to all dealerships that have a 2008 Shelby GT500KR on order. These outbound calls will communicate your vehicle's expected delivery timing. The Shelby Automobiles representatives will begin making the calls during the week of August 25th.

In the meantime, please contact the Ford Performance/Shelby GT500KR Program Headquarters at 1-800-367-3788 with any questions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i made a call to ford performance today to check on my kr. they said it is on the production line now and will be in post production inspection by thursday. :happy feet:

What does it say for your car at the Shelby KR tracker?? I was wondering if I should call on mine, or if the Shelby site has the latest info...

Chris.

Boy... 10 months to "ramp up". :hysterical3:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26116

2009 Shelby GT500KR Gets The Green Light For Production

Delivering the “King of the Road”

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR began production on Carroll Shelby’s 85th birthday on January 11 earlier this year. As production ramps up to launch, enthusiasts can expect to see the first GT500KRs arrive in dealers this spring.

Nothing like jumping the gun on the big announcement back in March.

Oh, and since when was a Nov/Dec (or probably later) delivery considered "this spring"?? :drop:

:hysterical2:

What does it say for your car at the Shelby KR tracker?? I was wondering if I should call on mine, or if the Shelby site has the latest info...

Chris.

Hi, Chris.

Rather than use the ShelbyAutos VIN tracker, call the 1.800.367.3788 number as stated above instead.

Boy... 10 months to "ramp up". :hysterical3:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26116

Nothing like jumping the gun on the big announcement back in March.

Oh, and since when was a Nov/Dec (or probably later) delivery considered "this spring"?? :drop:

Are you a complete idiot? 2008 GT500KRs were delivered this past spring.

These vehicles are not mass produced, rather they are hand made, one at a time. Thus, the process is much slower when compared to a typical production line. The 1,000 KRs (a whopping number), stream out of the plant, not flow out.

If you were familiar with GM's position on ZR1 production and timing, even they are going to take it slow and revise numbers as they move forward.

Before making another post on this topic, take the time to engage in some critical thinking.

Boy, nice personal attack on a long time member Robert.

Class act for sure.

If I called you, Sharon, AmyB or any of the other Mods a "COMPLETE IDIOT" I'd be banned quicker than you can say "double standard."

I'd expect nothing less I guess.

:lurk:

Boy, nice personal attack on a long time member Robert.

Class act for sure.

If I called you, Sharon, AmyB or any of the other Mods a "COMPLETE IDIOT" I'd be banned quicker than you can say "double standard."

I'd expect nothing less I guess.

Joe, you are right. I should not have called you a complete idiot. I am really a diplomatic person and this is out of my character.

But come on, why all of the attacks on SAI on so many subjects? It just gets irritating after a while and I blew a fuse. :extinguish:

I apologize for my poor choice of words.

We'll have a coke or beer together in Dearborn next month.

Joe, you are right. I should not have called you a complete idiot. I am really a diplomatic person and this is out of my character.

But come on, why all of the attacks on SAI on so many subjects? It just gets irritating after a while and I blew a fuse. :extinguish:

I apologize for my poor choice of words.

We'll have some coke or beer together in Dearborn next month.

not all coments are a attack, some are just members letting of steam too :lurk:

not all coments are a attack, some are just members letting of steam too :lurk:

Bingo!

I'm not a noob who just signed up just to cause trouble.

I'm a long time member who causes trouble. :hysterical:

AND... I STILL tell the truth. :happy feet:

(and NEVER personally attack... unless it's Snoop or Grabby. They like that stuff.)

Bingo!

I'm not a noob who just signed up just to cause trouble.

I'm a long time member who causes trouble. :hysterical:

AND... I STILL tell the truth. :happy feet:

(and NEVER personally attack... unless it's Snoop or Grabby. They like that stuff.)

Robert has apologized I see no need for the name tag at the bottom of your signature.

There is a difference to me between telling the truth and constantly looking for the bad.

August 19, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0800122DC Shelby GT500KR Reaches Full Scale Production

Production of the highly anticipated 2008 Shelby GT500KR has now reached full scale.

A measured ramp-up was utilized to ensure the highest quality vehicles would be shipped to our customers. With the many new product features and equipment engineered for this limited production muscle car, additional time was required to ensure quality levels of every component meet the demanding requirements set out by the Ford and the Shelby team.

All 2008 Shelby GT500KRs are expected to be built by the end of October.

Shelby Automobiles representatives will make outbound phone calls to all dealerships that have a 2008 Shelby GT500KR on order. These outbound calls will communicate your vehicle's expected delivery timing. The Shelby Automobiles representatives will begin making the calls during the week of August 25th.

In the meantime, please contact the Ford Performance/Shelby GT500KR Program Headquarters at 1-800-367-3788 with any questions.

I'm sorry Nut, but I just get a kick out of this whole situation.

I really do hope you get an answer soon. Maybe you'll get it right before the last weekend of September when your VIP guests are there visiting?!? :happy feet:

I'm sorry Nut, but I just get a kick out of this whole situation.

I really do hope you get an answer soon. Maybe you'll get it right before the last weekend of September when your VIP guests are there visiting?!? :happy feet:

That would be nice. :happy feet: At least I got a smoking deal on a KR shifter on that "other"site. Gives me something to play with.

Friday came and went.

My dealer did not get a call from Shelby.

Still in limbo :cry:

Hope you get some good news soon, nut!! :baby:

I thought Oasis was tracking these builds :headscratch: or is that just the initial GT500 build, delivery to SAI and dealer delivery? Or is that the problem ...it's at SAI with no feedback on an planned upfit date? :shrug:

Archived