TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Price increases at FORD Racing

I just checked on a price for the 500hp Whipple (black case) for the '07 GT 4.6L only to find that they just increased the price to $6,794.95. I called two different authorized dealers. Has anyone else seen other cost increases? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I heard from a customer of mine that Whippe just had a $1000 price increase on their superchargers. Cant confirm because we dont sell them - but I heard this from one of my distributors who does.

Put NOS in for 700-800 bucks, and put in a 175 shot with WOT.

Not only is it true its bs. There was an email that went out to all FRPP dealers etc yesterday and the price is up. The airbox is also not ready and due to some issue who knows when it will be now. What a bunch of bobo's. Boycut them all and the price will drop.

Not only is it true its bs. There was an email that went out to all FRPP dealers etc yesterday and the price is up. The airbox is also not ready and due to some issue who knows when it will be now. What a bunch of bobo's. Boycut them all and the price will drop.

No way Gary, so Whipple is going to hit you with a large price increase and they still don't have the redesign done on the airbox for 08s. That is pretty ridiculous. Sorry to hear about this turn of events. They must be overwhelmed with orders and are using the price increase to cool it down. Have you considered the Kenny Bell 2.6. It's a very nice system and the pricing is better than the Whipple even before the price increase. Plus, you can get it from Shelby with the CS Shelby logo embossed on the SC.

Don

My 07/08 Whipple kit will be here Aug 27. Screw FRPP I'm installing the 07 version on my 08 and have the FRPP 07 tune that will work fine. They just won't give you the 07 tune for an 08 so you gotta get it yourself. It will work regardless of what FRPP claims because they want the extra $$$ for the 08 kit when and if it ever get released. I did not get slammed with the increase either got the 07 cost. I'm not going to California or anywhere out of Florida so I could care less about the CARB and emissions bs. You all are correct unless you figure a work around you might as well get the KB. I plan to have my install done by mid Sept and will post the pics and HP/TQ numbers. This whole new airbox crap is just that, crap, and FRPP is going to loose lots of customers to KN. I just prefer the Whipple kit otherwise I would have ordered the KB and if I had not found an alternate way, I would be installing a KB. :peelout: :happy feet: :shift:

Archived