TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 and 2012 Ford Mustang

ColdwaterHotrod

Not sure if I like it & having to wait for the Displacement-on-Demand (DOD) technology. I think ford needs it now (DOD) technology that is...

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2009-2012-mustang.html

Hate to say it, but that 2009 is butt-ugly.

It's funny how things go full circle.

In the 60's Ford came out with the Mustang, and Chevy tried to make their version to compete (Camaro).

Now, the body style shown in this article CLEARLY looks too much like the Camaro concept.

Is Ford following the Camaro styling cues now?

Not a fan here.

Mike.

In the 60's Ford came out with the Mustang, and Chevy tried to make their version to compete (Camaro).

Now, the body style shown in this artical CLEARLY looks too much like the Camaro concept.

Not a fan here.

Mike.

Agreed - but just think we are that much closer to the modern version of the King Cobra Mustang II - hit the dealers now and get on the list!

Now, the body style shown in this article CLEARLY looks too much like the Camaro concept.

Not a fan here.

Mike.

agree.

i thought that picture WAS the camaro concept until i took a closer look.

agree.

i thought that picture WAS the camaro concept until i took a closer look.

Hey BoneDoc:

I get jealous EVERY time I see your car.

Mine's a G O and Tungsten convertible.

Supposed to be here Thurday (09-28).

I look at the pic of yours, and I KNOW I picked the right color!

The fact that I'm a huge Steelers fan doesn't hurt, as that color is almost exact, and with a black convertible top, it's perfect!

(Don't bring up Monday night, it's STILL pissing me off!)

We have to get a group together, gather everyone up from the West Coast and Denver area someday.

Mike.

Thanks for the post! I agree with you guys: I don't care for the look of this car. The retro styling is what got me interested in the '05 Mustang and then the Shelby in the first place. I'm 36 and the Mustangs that have come out in MY lifetime never did much for me from a design standpoint. I realize you can't have the same type of retro design forever, but the styling shown in those pictures doesn't appeal to me at all. Too sculpted and too modern for MY tastes....

Not a fan here.

Mike.

Does Ford have suicidal tendencies ... i.e. DEATH WISH?? That is the ugliest fu**in thing I have ever seen with a pony on it! Looks like a flattened pinto throught the eyes of a crack smokin schmuck on a bad L.S.D. trip!! Come On Ford! Don't stick your head up your *ss AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got a GREAT thing going now and they want to flush it all down the toilet....???? :cry: Oh well, I guess these will definately make our cars highly sought after classics as soon as these smurf mobiles hit the showrooms.... definately NO ADM on these "rare low production" pintos. :woohoo: GOOD LUCK FORD! (not my "Future Of Research & Developement") :finger::finger:

Does Ford have suicidal tendencies ... i.e. DEATH WISH?? That is the ugliest fu**in thing I have ever seen with a pony on it! Looks like a flattened pinto throught the eyes of a crack smokin schmuck on a bad L.S.D. trip!! Come On Ford! Don't stick your head up your *ss AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got a GREAT thing going now and they want to flush it all down the toilet....???? :cry: Oh well, I guess these will definately make our cars highly sought after classics as soon as these smurf mobiles hit the showrooms.... definately NO ADM on these "rare low production" pintos. :woohoo: GOOD LUCK FORD! (not my "Future Of Research & Developement") :finger::finger:

Dear TSM, That is a funny post, ( tell us what you really think). To me the 2009 looks like a baboon, webster- a large gregarious primate having a long square naked muzzle, we should call it GT Baboon.

what is displacement on demand?

it's a technology that shuts down 1/2 the engine cylinders (cuts off fuel and keeps the valves closed on those cylinders) when not needed such as when cruising. When you need power, the computer will use all cylinders. I have that technology in my truck ('06 Durango with a hemi) and in my wife's Odyssey van. Works great, you dont even notice the change in firings and there is a difference in fuel consumption.

Hey BoneDoc:

I get jealous EVERY time I see your car.

Mine's a G O and Tungsten convertible.

Supposed to be here Thurday (09-28).

I look at the pic of yours, and I KNOW I picked the right color!

The fact that I'm a huge Steelers fan doesn't hurt, as that color is almost exact, and with a black convertible top, it's perfect!

(Don't bring up Monday night, it's STILL pissing me off!)

We have to get a group together, gather everyone up from the West Coast and Denver area someday.

Mike.

Phantom-

you will NOT be sorry.... this color rocks! screams for attention... and harkens back to the days of the old "twister edition" mach I's... a classic "muscle car" color. I was a bit nervous before actually seeing the color in person for the first time. definitely is a head-turner.

I hope your car arrives on time. please post pics as soon as she comes in!

Phantom-

you will NOT be sorry.... this color rocks! screams for attention... and harkens back to the days of the old "twister edition" mach I's... a classic "muscle car" color. I was a bit nervous before actually seeing the color in person for the first time. definitely is a head-turner.

I hope your car arrives on time. please post pics as soon as she comes in!

Good God I hope you're right, but something tells me you are!

I have actually been in a GT500 at the dealership (Alloy and Tungsten coupe) and they had a Grabber Orange Mustang GT out front at the same time, so it was pretty easy to imagine.

But, it still has my mind wondering what it's going to be like on the real car.

I've noticed that most G O GT500s were white striped, so I'm just a little concened about my "different" combination. I've seen pics, but there's nothing like seeing the "real deal'.

Mike.

Archived