TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR vs. GT

DubbsFaris

So I was poking around, looking at KR prices, and Im suddenly struck with an interesting line of thought...

They are building how many KRs? maybe 1500 for 08-09, maybe even more for 2010, right?

Does anyone have the total numbers for the Ford GT?

Im wondering why someone wouldn't buy a Ford GT over a new KR looking at prices dealers are asking...

So this thread asks the question, if money was within 10 or 20k anyway, would you prefer to have a KR or GT?

I know some people are Mustang loyal, so it is a valid question...

Im wondering why someone wouldn't buy a Ford GT over a new KR looking at prices dealers are asking...

So this thread asks the question, if money was within 10 or 20k anyway, would you prefer to have a KR or GT?

I know some people are Mustang loyal, so it is a valid question...

I think there are few car fans that would pick the KR over a Ford GT. The KR is certainly a special model, but is, none the less, very similar to a base-model Mustang. The Ford GT is unique - nothing else like it around. I personally don't think that KRs are going to sell at anything like the price those dealers are throwing around though. I think the Ford GT is still out of my price range - if you believe eBay, a *wrecked* Ford GT is out of my price range!

$150k+ puts you into a whole different league of cars. Aston Martins, Morgans, R8s, Ferarris, Lambos - and Ford GT's. Say what you will, I don't see the KR playing in that league... Nor should it be trying to really, but I guess dealers can suffer from wishful thinking just as much as the next person!

Chris.

I would definitely choose a Ford GT over a KR, assuming they are at or near the same price. It'll never happen, though, so I'll just keep dreaming until I hit lotto.

A GT without question. :drool:

I would definitely choose a Ford GT over a KR, assuming they are at or near the same price. It'll never happen, though, so I'll just keep dreaming until I hit lotto.

Well, maybe there's hope. FWIW, from the Nada Guide:

2005 Ford GT (GT40):

Original MSRP: $151,245 Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail

TOTAL PRICE $129,300 $143,100* $165,800

From KBB:

Suggested retail: $158,555

I generally find the Nada Guide prices to be pretty reasonable, or even on the high side, for collector cars, usually better than KBB.

Also FWIW:

Nada 2007 Shelby GT500:

Clean Trade-In Clean Retail Value

TOTAL PRICE $37,700 $42,025*

KBB Suggested retail:

2007 GT500 $52,445

2008 GT500 $53,280

Chris.

I withheld my opinion so it would not start a bias, but I agree with most of you...I'd take the GT in a heartbeat, but mainly because its my dreamcar that I would keep in its own showroom on a spinning deck just off my livingroom....

Anyone catch that dream before? Oh yeah, I am not alone... :drool:

I withheld my opinion so it would not start a bias, but I agree with most of you...I'd take the GT in a heartbeat, but mainly because its my dreamcar that I would keep in its own showroom on a spinning deck just off my livingroom....

Anyone catch that dream before? Oh yeah, I am not alone... :drool:

DF, you're not alone in that idea/fantesy. Did you ever see the MTV "Cribs" episode that showed Joey Fatone's house in Florida? He has (as he says anyway) one of the original K.I.T.T. cars from the original Knight Rider TV series sitting in his game room on a spinning platform.

Lucky bastard. Not because of the K.I.T.T. car, because he has one bad ass home.

A Ford GT will be in my garage someday. Even if it's 25 years old by then. Especially a Tungsten w/ Silver Stripe Anniversary Edition (but any color would do).

The KR is nice, but I personnally don't see the benefit of paying twice a GT500 for one at the current ADM's.

Once they are down to MSRP (if/when they do)...then it would be a different story.

Archived