TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory Tag on Rear Suspension

Grabber

Years down the road I thought it would be nice to still have the factory tag on my rear suspension intact. So I covered it with a piece of Clear bra. It took only a minute to do, but since I took the trouble to mask it off during my painting....I thought what the heck.

RocksTar007.jpg

RocksTar008.jpg

Grabber,

Sometimes I wish you would have had your direct hand in the assembly of these vehicles as they went down the assebly line. There would probably be half as many technical/quality control threads on the 2007-2009 GT500 forums if that had been the case! :hysterical:

Sudzy :lurk:

Years down the road I thought it would be nice to still have the factory tag on my rear suspension intact. So I covered it with a piece of Clear bra. It took only a minute to do, but since I took the trouble to mask it off during my painting....I thought what the heck.

RocksTar007.jpg

RocksTar008.jpg

Somehow I know this is going to create a laugh file however I do not know what clear bra is- can you fill me in it looks like a good idea.

Somehow I know this is going to create a laugh file however I do not know what clear bra is- can you fill me in it looks like a good idea.

It's the protective rock chip film that goes on the front of cars.

How is the paint underneath holding up? Any sign of rock chips or areas that need touching up?

I had a couple nicks on the driveline side of the pumpkin. What seems to work good as a quick touch up is to spray some paint into the cap and tear a match out of a matchbook and use the rough torn side of the match as a touch up brush. Then throw it away. Easy peasy. :hysterical:

I had a couple nicks on the driveline side of the pumpkin. What seems to work good as a quick touch up is to spray some paint into the cap and tear a match out of a matchbook and use the rough torn side of the match as a touch up brush. Then throw it away. Easy peasy. :hysterical:

Thanks for the tip. As our weather gets a little cooler I'm hoping to get under the car to apply the rust convertor.

as usual you have another great idea grabber. unfortunately mine is gone. somehow the road chipped it up and i had to remove it. i still have all the other stickers though.

RocksTar007.jpg

RocksTar008.jpg

as usual you have another great idea grabber. unfortunately mine is gone. somehow the road chipped it up and i had to remove it. i still have all the other stickers though.

I think I noticed a couple chips on the pumpkin, maybe a wee touch up with a magic marker would do the trick?

Grabber

I think the under side of your car look better that the top! :hysterical: I don't have half the stickers you have. Obviously you don't drive your car as often as the rest of us who drive them like we stole em, but then again, when the day comes, your car will command much more money than anyone else who owns one.

You and Chip Foose should hook up. Attention to detail is so over the top, you put most of us to shame! :baby:

Eddie

It's nice to see your keeping your butt clean. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• 1 month later...

Grabber's Tips, Tricks and Other Things

You Wouldn't Think of Doing to Your Shelby 500

but Probably Should

On Sale Monday, November 3, 2008; Get you copy at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com. $49.95. 2,000 pages. [mention TeamShelby and get 10% discount]

Official book signing Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at Barnes and Noble, New York, New York. Meet Grabber himself, shake his hand, take pictures. Bring you're Shelby. He will also be signing strut tower bolt caps, painted rearends and sway bar tags. :D

Great tip though cause in 25' years that will be an important tag to have if you are wanting to get top dollar from a collector.

grabber (or anyone),

ever since i saw this thread it has been bothering me that i am missing this freakin sticker.

i know the car will still run like the wind without it but does anyone know if replacement stickers can be purchased from Ford or anywhere?

grabber (or anyone),

ever since i saw this thread it has been bothering me that i am missing this freakin sticker.

i know the car will still run like the wind without it but does anyone know if replacement stickers can be purchased from Ford or anywhere?

I'll carefully remove mine and send it to you. I getting ready to spray the rear end and drive shaft. I'm not worried about the sticker. There are paper tags all over the car. Just had one come off the side of the engine while installing headers. Personally I think the paper tags look out of place. I'll take the smooth shiny surface instead....

I'll carefully remove mine and send it to you. I getting ready to spray the rear end and drive shaft. I'm not worried about the sticker. There are paper tags all over the car. Just had one come off the side of the engine while installing headers. Personally I think the paper tags look out of place. I'll take the smooth shiny surface instead....

+1 - like I said earlier - the stickers are a nuisance to me. I removed the ones on the axle prior to painting it.

Archived