TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Posable 4th Shelby Mod shop in Michigan ...

Sharp GT500

I had my Shelby GT in the snake pit at the Woodward Dream Cruse Saturday and while walking around I came across someone associated with MRT. I asked him why Scott Hoag and MRT is not an official Mod Shop for Shelby. (I feel they would be a perfect fit) He said they just signed a deal but it's a slow process and it will be a while. Does any one have more info in this? I hope this is true but until it's officially announced, I won't get my hopes up.

Sorry for the typo in title, I'll try and get a mod to fix it.......

I had my Shelby GT in the snake pit at the Woodward Dream Cruse Saturday and while walking around I came across someone associated with MRT. I asked him why Scott Hoag and MRT is not an official Mod Shop for Shelby. (I feel they would be a perfect fit) He said they just signed a deal but it's a slow process and it will be a while. Does any one have more info in this? I hope this is true but until it's officially announced, I won't get my hopes up.

Sorry for the typo in title, I'll try and get a mod to fix it.......

Humm...why would you think they would make a good mod shop? They don't advertise that they do work on customer cars, other than a few project cars. They are a parts VAR/Reseller. How can they scale a few projects to fit the mod shop needs of the midwest? Am I missing something off their web site?

Scott Hoag is the former Mustang design team manager of the Bullitt and Mach 1 projects. He engineers parts and cars for his current business. He knows mustangs inside and out. He doesn't have the history TASCA has but I can't think of anyone else in the Michigan/Ohio area with more mustang experience and Mustang business. The exception to that is Roush but I don't think they would ever become a Shelby mod shop.

Does anyone from this area have some ideas of who they would like to be a mod shop?

Scott Hoag is the former Mustang design team manager of the Bullitt and Mach 1 projects. He engineers parts and cars for his current business. He knows mustangs inside and out. He doesn't have the history TASCA has but I can't think of anyone else in the Michigan/Ohio area with more mustang experience and Mustang business. The exception to that is Roush but I don't think they would ever become a Shelby mod shop.

Does anyone from this area have some ideas of who they would like to be a mod shop?

I PERSONALLY WOULD AGREE WITH SHARP GT/SC ON SCOTT HOAG AND MRT THEY ARE A VERY RESPECTED MUSTANG MOD SHOP IN SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN. ADDITIONALLY, I AGREE THAT MR. JACK ROUSH WOULD NOT BE A PROSPECT DUE TO CONFLICT OF INTERESTS.

THE ONLY OTHER SHOPS THAT WOULD FIT THE CRITERIA WOULD BE LIVERNOIS RACING ; A FORD RACING AUTHORIZED MOD SHOP ; AND PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE IN JACKSON MICHIGAN ; THE HOLDER OF THE WORLDS RECORD FOR THE FASTEST NATURAL ASPIRATED MODULAR MOTOR AND A PAST CONSULTANT TO SHELBY AUTOMOTIVE AND CURRENTLY WORKS VERY CLOSELY WITH FORD MOTOR CO. AND FORD RACING.

Hi Cobra Scotty, it was nice meeting you at Woodward this weekend. It's nice to put a face with a name. The guy gave me Scott's business card so I emailed him to see if it is true or not. He probably can't tell me for sure but it's worth a try.

IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU ?

NOW WHICH GUY WERE YOU ? I MET SO MANY PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A FACE WITH YOUR NAME

AND WITH YOUR TEAM SHELBY NAME ; AND YOUR RIGHT ABOUT SCOTT HOAG NOT BEING ABLE TO LET

THE CAT OUT OF THE BACK UNTIL IT IS SIGNED IN INK.

SCOTTY

You mean this guy signing my buddies S/C Mach

DSC02146.jpg

YEP ,

THAT GUY SIGNING YOUR BUDDIES MACH 1 IS SCOTT HOAG OF MRT AND FORMERLY WITH FORD MOTOR CO AND THE MACH 1 AND BULLIT PROJECTS.

BUT I AM STILL TRYING TO PUT A FACE WITH THE SHARP GT/SC. I MET SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE

SNAKE PIT N MUSTANG ALLEY THERE IS ALOT OF OVERLAP OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME NAMES. BUT I AM ALWAYS ABLE TO REMEMBER THE FACES I JUST NEED TO PUT ONE WITH SHARP GT/SC AND HIS NAME.

SCOTTY

IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU ?

NOW WHICH GUY WERE YOU ? I MET SO MANY PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A FACE WITH YOUR NAME

AND WITH YOUR TEAM SHELBY NAME ; AND YOUR RIGHT ABOUT SCOTT HOAG NOT BEING ABLE TO LET

THE CAT OUT OF THE BACK UNTIL IT IS SIGNED IN INK.

SCOTTY

This should help. Here's a picture of me in front of my car in the Snake Pit. The rest of my pictures can be found here. http://gallery.me.com/shelbygt#100048

I emailed Scott Hoag but didn't get a response. It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be true.

Terry

post-11427-1219512121_thumb.jpg

post-11427-1219512121_thumb.jpg

HI TERRY,

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES. YOU HAVE SOME GREAT SHOTS. I NOW CAN PUT YOUR FACE WITH YOUR

TEAM SHELBY NAME. I REMEMBER TALKING WITH YOU AND OTHERS ABOUT SOME OF MY CAR MOD'S. I

HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN AT THE GLASSHOUSE CAR SHOW ON SEPT. 13 TH.

BEST REGARD,

SCOTTY

Archived