TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I expect (trade ?)

idareu

Thinking about trading my 800 mile gt 500 vert for a 09 GT500 coupe.

Should I expect to trade for my car plus $10,000?

The options i want are ambient lighting and premium int.

I'm not sure on the money question, but If I was doing this trade, I would make sure I got one that is being built right now (Aug 09) to be assured it has the new flywheel in it so you don't ever have to worry about having to deal with the TSB issue that many of us have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with.

Just my 2 cents of pain and suffering. :baby:

I would think the dealer is going to treat your current GT500 like a used car. I just traded my 07 Blue Vert for an 08 Red Vert and got $42500 for my 07. My 07 had 12000 miles.

What year is your vert? 07 or 08?

You are thinking of paying $10K + your vert for a 09 coupe???

I would think any dealer would get excited over that deal!

The verts are about $5k more than the coupes. So I would think you should be no more than $5k plus your vert.

What color is your vert and what options?

So it cost you $10,000 to trade for a vert. Did you pay an ADM?

I guess that is one way to look at it. No ADM, paid MSRP. If you owe nothing on your trade in, you should be able to do it for less than 10k.

It also may depend on the dealer having a buyer for the one you trade in. My dealer did. The car I traded in was gone immediately.

I think the options you are looking for match up with mine - MSRP was 47,580. I have the ambient lighting, prem. interior, HID lights ('08), the navigation system ('08), and sirius. You would think that since convertables are more expensive that it would minimize what they would have you pay for an '09, and especially because you have only 800 miles.

I would almost say that you have a good change of coming out even? They would be able to turn around a 'vert in no time.

~ Gabe

When I was shopping my car around I was offered anything from $32,000 to $39,000 towards an F150 Supercrew. Decided most dealers are theives and kept the car, I will wait til I see a liquidation sale on the F150's ,and then buy one and keep the car.

Sell your car yourself, then talk price on the new car. You will loose thousands if you trade.

That depends on the amount they offer to give for trade.

A used vert would be about $45k retail.

If you get $42K trade you are close to even if you sold it yourself retail after adding in the sales tax you save by trading.

Here sales tax is 6.75%.

On $42K that is $2,835 in tax you save if you traded, which is the same as selling it yourself for $44,835. This would be the breakeven point. So anything over $44,835 would be extra money in your pocket.

When I was shopping my car around I was offered anything from $32,000 to $39,000 towards an F150 Supercrew. Decided most dealers are theives and kept the car, I will wait til I see a liquidation sale on the F150's ,and then buy one and keep the car.

$32K is an insult. $39K for trade value is pretty strong considering used coupes are struggling to bring $40K - $42K retail right now.

As far as liquidation sales on F-150.....they are having liquidation sales now. Ford Employee Pricing to everyone plus up to $8,000 in incentives off that!

That's about $12k - $13k off new F-150's. 25% plus discounts!

I think the options you are looking for match up with mine - MSRP was 47,580. I have the ambient lighting, prem. interior, HID lights ('08), the navigation system ('08), and sirius. You would think that since convertables are more expensive that it would minimize what they would have you pay for an '09, and especially because you have only 800 miles.

I would almost say that you have a good change of coming out even? They would be able to turn around a 'vert in no time.

~ Gabe

You are not going to come out even. Verts are selling slower than coupes and the verts can be found from MSRP to $2k below MSRP.

If they were still bringing $5K + ADM then you could probably come out even, but that isn't the case.

The 08 he wants is close to what MSRP was on a 07 vert. MSRP on the 07 vert was $47,800 - $50,585

The 08 he wants is $45,670

Depending on what options he has that is a MSRP to MSRP difference of $2,130 - $4,915

That means RETAIL on his 07 vert if sells it out right would be between $42K - $45K. Take $3K - $4K off that if you trade it in. The only good thing right now is if you did trade you are coming out close to even if you sold it out right after the sales tax savings you get trading on a $38K - $42K trade value.

So I have a 2008 Vert... with ambient, nav, HID headlights.... 9,500 miles. I was thinking about selling it or trading it for a vehicle for my wife..... she wants a Ford Edge...... What's a fair trade in for my Shelby? I don't want to do this, but my 1996 Viper RT/10 is not selling right now.... and I don't have room for 4 new vehicles to park inside (right now her 1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition parks outside).

So I have a 2008 Vert... with ambient, nav, HID headlights.... 9,500 miles. I was thinking about selling it or trading it for a vehicle for my wife..... she wants a Ford Edge...... What's a fair trade in for my Shelby? I don't want to do this, but my 1996 Viper RT/10 is not selling right now.... and I don't have room for 4 new vehicles to park inside (right now her 1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition parks outside).

I would say you probably looking around $43k as trade in....$46k - $47k if you sell it yourself.

Why not just trade the viper and keep the Shelby?

How many miles on the viper? Color?

What would you expect to get for it?

I would say you probably looking around $43k as trade in....$46k - $47k if you sell it yourself.

Why not just trade the viper and keep the Shelby?

How many miles on the viper? Color?

What would you expect to get for it?

That's the "rub".... the Viper is Black/Silver stripes... they only made 231 of them.... it has 54K miles, but had the Arrow engine rebuild under warranty.... at 37K miles. It's 12 years old...so it has the usual rock chips, etc...... I believe the car should be worth $30K to $35K selling it myself.. but the market is very soft right now..... I'd like to sell it outright and then buy the vehicle my wife wants.. a 2007 or 2008 Edge.... I don't want to give away the Viper.... it's such a low production automobile..... V-10, 6 speed.... it's a blast to drive....

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure on the money question, but If I was doing this trade, I would make sure I got one that is being built right now (Aug 09) to be assured it has the new flywheel in it so you don't ever have to worry about having to deal with the TSB issue that many of us have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with.

Just my 2 cents of pain and suffering. :baby:

Grabber, Do you know when they started installing the new flywheel? My car was built in Feb 2008, so I was curious if this is something I should worry about. I've already had to have the rear end replaced because of the chattering.

Grabber, Do you know when they started installing the new flywheel? My car was built in Feb 2008, so I was curious if this is something I should worry about. I've already had to have the rear end replaced because of the chattering.

I don't have any hard dates on that. But the TSB did not come out untill July 28th 2008 because the manufacture needed time to make the flywheels. I know people that had the old flywheel installed in May of 2008 because it was not available. Those same people are having problems again, and getting the new flywheel.

Keep an eye on your car...and if it acts up...take it in.

Archived