TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tracking is not for faint of heart

Revan Racing

Father and Son going out to Homestead to learn how to drive Dad's 675 RWHP Supercharged Viper. 16 Year Old Son not listening to his instructor at the worst possible location on the track.........Turn 10 at Homestead. Earlier, turn 10 claimed a Corvette (race prepared)

I also had to put a fire out on a Mazda RX-7 Race Car. Caught fire because part of the tail pipe fell off.......what the ...............

post-9206-1218919620_thumb.jpg

post-9206-1218919620_thumb.jpg

By defination, when you say "victims", are you saying deaths or are you saying damaged or totaled vehicles?

I ask because IMO the forum title suggests that 2 people died at Homestead.

Thanks for the clairfication.

By defination, when you say "victims", are you saying deaths or are you saying damaged or totaled vehicles?

Well stated. No deaths, just mangled cars and damaged pride. I'm a little worn out myself or I would have noticed the topic was somewhat misleading.

Dactyl

By defination do you mean definition as Pres. Bush would say "Strategery" meaning "Strategy" or "Nucular" meaning "Nuclear" :hysterical:

Sorry, just having fun..........post track event cold beer consumption!!!

yep, the difference between a great day at the track and disaster might be 1 second of inattention or 1 testosterone-induced decision, or just plain bad luck.

It's why I always trailer to the track. I figure that unless the pieces are just too small, I can always at least get it back home.

By defination do you mean definition as Pres. Bush would say "Strategery" meaning "Strategy" or "Nucular" meaning "Nuclear" :hysterical:

Sorry, just having fun..........post track event cold beer consumption!!!

No worries! :hysterical: Sometime I just type too fast and miss my errors.

Good one though.

This last weekend, we had a guy put his Ford GT into the tire wall at 100+. Car was totaled. Fortunately, driver and passenger walked away with minor inguries. That being said, I agree there is risk in touring. But, good maintenace, driver condition and good old common sense have a lot to do with how much risk there is. Let talk about a 16 year old kid driving daddys high powered Viper. From what I have seen, those cars are a handfull. What kind of moron hands the keys over like that?

Father and Son going out to Homestead to learn how to drive Dad's 675 RWHP Supercharged Viper. 16 Year Old Son not listening to his instructor at the worst possible location on the track.........Turn 10 at Homestead. Earlier, turn 10 claimed a Corvette (race prepared)

I also had to put a fire out on a Mazda RX-7 Race Car. Caught fire because part of the tail pipe fell off.......what the ...............

According to the latest issue of Hot Rod, the front clip of a new Viper is $16K! :banghead:

This last weekend, we had a guy put his Ford GT into the tire wall at 100+. Car was totaled. Fortunately, driver and passenger walked away with minor inguries. That being said, I agree there is risk in touring. But, good maintenace, driver condition and good old common sense have a lot to do with how much risk there is. Let talk about a 16 year old kid driving daddys high powered Viper. From what I have seen, those cars are a handfull. What kind of moron hands the keys over like that?

.............which is why my daughter's Terlingua will have NO s/c until driving skills have been adequately demonstrated........... :idea:

.............which is why my daughter's Terlingua will have NO s/c until driving skills have been adequately demonstrated........... :idea:

Exactly. I think its great to get our kids involved in our sport. Let let them learn on a nice sixer.

Exactly. I think its great to get our kids involved in our sport. Let let them learn on a nice sixer.

Better even yet..........teach them in a Miata. Trash it........throw it away and buy another one. Absolutely no reason he should have taken his kid out there to drive this car on a road course. Especially Homestead. Turn 10 looks like an easy fast turn but you are coming off of the back stretch banking and the way the suspension unloads on the wrong line.................you get a spinner

Archived