TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parts For Your GT500

tom@powertv

Hey there Guys and Gals, the company I work for is looking for a GT500 to use in a video production. We need this car for a video showing the install and use of a Steeda Cold Air Intake, Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, and tune it with a SCT Tuner. We are willing to give the parts (Worth over $2000) away to whom ever responds and brings their car to us. We are located in Murrieta, CA and you will have to arrange the car getting here and back home to you. PM me for more info.

Hey there Guys and Gals, the company I work for is looking for a GT500 to use in a video production. We need this car for a video showing the install and use of a Steeda Cold Air Intake, Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, and tune it with a SCT Tuner. We are willing to give the parts (Worth over $2000) away to whom ever responds and brings their car to us. We are located in Murrieta, CA and you will have to arrange the car getting here and back home to you. PM me for more info.

can you give more details.....what hp league we are looking at, seems from the price range of the parts not much of gain, since no SC involved, and good transportation will be equal to the price you quoted of the parts you are willing to install....so unless it is someone lives next door...it may not be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I took advantage of this offer this week. I drove down to Socal on Monday. I averaged just under 21 mpg on the way down. Had the cruise control set around 80 where I could.

The car was scheduled to be in the shop all day Tuesday for the install video and production. But was kept a second day for another video.

I am very happy with the results and can only say :jackinbox: to those that couldn't or didn't take advantage of this "free" offer. For me it wasn't all about the free parts or the gain in HP it was for the proffesional video and photos that I got out of it.

Baseline at the wheels was:

450.19 hp and 450.48 max torque

after the new cai, cat back exhaust and SCT tune:

510.45 hp and 486.03 max torque

Everyone at the shop was pleasantly suprised with the improvements. We were all only expecting 20 maybe 25 Hp gain

We got over 60hp or 11.7% gain.

Day 1 was 10:04 am car sat for a couple of hours before being dyno'ed. But only had been driven about 3 miles.

82.46 degrees F, 28.55 in Hg, Humidity 33%, STD: 1.07

Day 2 was 9:32 am left on the dyno overnight in the shop. started cold.

79.40 degrees f, 28.43 in Hg, Humididty 36%, STD:1.07

The guys at the shop were very proffessional and treated my car as if it was their own. Of what I saw of some of the video footage this is going to be one awesome video. Just before I left they took some "glamour" shots. I'll post up what I can when I can. The video will take about a month in post production. I ended up staying for a second day because another company wanted a specific video that will probably be shown at their booth at SEMA in Vegas this year.

how do you like the Gibson exhaust? do you hear any drone at any rpm range?

It has a definite different sound. A little more aggressive. It has what I would say a burble when it idles. Their is a drone but not too bad usually when you're running too few rpm's for the gear you're in. 6th doing less than 60 is the worse. But otherwise, the drone is not that bad.

• 2 months later...

Archived