TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headrest Covers

I've been looking at the Shelby and Snake Headrest Covers Part No: 5S3Z-63611A08-S for my SGT, but the pics I have seen so far, it appears that these covers are a good bit darker than the Dark Charcoal Seats in my 08 SGT...

Who has instlled these, and please show pics...Is it as noticeable as it appears in the pics that I have seen before???

Motorjock:

I installed the head rest covers back in June (Father's day present from my wife). They were a perfect match in color and material for my 2008 SGT with the dark interior. I would not be afraid to add these to your car. They really set off the interior well.

Sorry I do not have any pictures with me at this time. I can try and get a few tonight and send them through your email address.

The trick to installing is to park with your windshield in direct sunlight. Put the headrest covers on the dash for a few minutes to heat up (They stretch easier and go on easier when they are "hot"). They slipped on easily. I don't think it took me 5 minutes to do both sides. Almost as easy to install as the Berg Faux gas cap.

:cry::cry:...not fair!!!! I have the tan interior and there's no tan head rest covers....since I am only sticking with the CS logo I'd like to just have the CS logo in black on a tan cover....c'mon, anyone out there know someone willing to make some for the folks with the tan interior?

:cry::cry:...not fair!!!! I have the tan interior and there's no tan head rest covers....since I am only sticking with the CS logo I'd like to just have the CS logo in black on a tan cover....c'mon, anyone out there know someone willing to make some for the folks with the tan interior?

Chris,

I didn't realize that your car had the tan interior...I guess I just assumed that all of the SGT's had the dark Charcoal interior! I guess you really can learn something new every day...Wonder just how many came with the tan interior???

Chris,

I didn't realize that your car had the tan interior...I guess I just assumed that all of the SGT's had the dark Charcoal interior! I guess you really can learn something new every day...Wonder just how many came with the tan interior???

Carl,

I've been getting that a lot lately...I've asked MM and SD and they have assured me that it was an option...I had the same thought,"All SGTs came with the dark Charcoal interior" but that's not the case...I even had the crazy idea that I must have bought a fake SGT because I have yet to see a tan interior in a SGT. I too wonder how many SGT vehicles were made with the tan interior.

DSC03008-1.jpg

DSC03010-1.jpg

DSC03011-1.jpg

DSC03012-1.jpg

DSC03004-1.jpg

There are VERY few tan (parchment) interior cars, mostly white. It will be interesting to see how many once the registry is ready.

Carl,

I've been getting that a lot lately...I've asked MM and SD and they have assured me that it was an option...I had the same thought,"All SGTs came with the dark Charcoal interior" but that's not the case...I even had the crazy idea that I must have bought a fake SGT because I have yet to see a tan interior in a SGT. I too wonder how many SGT vehicles were made with the tan interior.

actually, if you blacked out the centers of your seats and added the headrest covers, that look cool as hell.

There are VERY few tan (parchment) interior cars, mostly white. It will be interesting to see how many once the registry is ready.

My exact thoughts. I have seen paperwork for vintage Shelbys that after reviewing all of their options they are 1 of 1. I too cannot wait for the registry to see the breakdown on vehicles, models, options, etc. Consider yourself unique!

Seems like you guys with the non-charcoal interiors can just pull the stock covers off and see if Shelby would put the logo on for you or go to a upholstery shop and have them do it.

BTW - For those that have installed the covers, did you slip them of the stock covers or did you first remove the stock covers? I did the latter...

I too have the "parchment" interior. I wonder if it would be possible to find out from SAI who does the headrests and see if we could remove ours and send it to them. I would think it would be easy for them to do and would cost a little less, I would hope. I sure would love to get it done......

Craig

(pm to Bud to see if this might be possible)

I too have the "parchment" interior. I wonder if it would be possible to find out from SAI who does the headrests and see if we could remove ours and send it to them. I would think it would be easy for them to do and would cost a little less, I would hope. I sure would love to get it done......

Craig

(pm to Bud to see if this might be possible)

I'm in.....

LuLu is wearing the Shelby headrest covers, and center console cover as well. Sorry, I don't have any pics, but LuLu has the "dark charcoal" interior scheme, and I do not notice any difference in color tone. LuLu's install was over a year ago now.

I hit my "easy" button on this mod, I'm lucky to have a top-notch trim shop not far from LuLu's home. 75 bucks to install the headrest covers (they are stretched over the OEM headrest covers, and fixed in place with velcro. They have never moved) and install the center console cover which replaces the OEM cover, stretching and tacking is involved.

I am presently debating another change. I would like to replace the front seat cushions with leather in medium grey, to match the Shelby "Le Mans" stripe. LuLu hasn't made up her mind on the rear seat delete mod yet, but depending on how she feels about that, I may upgrade the rear seat cushions too.

LuLu wants a "jungle gym", a roll cage, 4 or 6 point, and I think this will have to be decided upon before any other interior mods are cionsidered.

Happy motoring, gents.

The cobra covers look nice but wouldnt it be cool to design a SGT headrest cover similar to Yenko's

For ours the Large S would be in the center with the G and T on each side in silver or black stitching.

The "S" could also have a small eye with a snake tongue

Does anyone have a photoshop program?

1969daytonayellowyenkoxcw2.jpg

I only know of 2 cars that have the Parchment Interior, both are in GA, my car and a friend I see at shows who also has the Parchment interior, both cars are white. I think a black car with the Parchment interior is really a rare find.

Archived