TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood scoop: What would YOU like to see???

Hood scoop(s)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would YOU choose

• '65-'66 Scoop (centered)
    • '67 scoops (2 in middle)
    • '68 scoops (2 on leading edge of hood)
    • '69 scoops (5, you know the drill)
    • Shelby GT/Cobra Scoop
    • Hertz/CS6 Hood Scoop
    • Something else

Sooo,

I am at SAAC 33 and got to thinking.....If we built a GT 350, what kind of scoop(s) would you like on the hood?

I know I have my preferences, even though I do like all of them for different reasons.

I think it would be cool to see what everyone else is thinking. Remember, you can only pick one! ;)

Chris

A functional GTH/CS6 hood.

I thought a bit more about this last night. Scoops.....we don't need no stinking scoops.

Sure they are good for the nostalgia but with the way cars are designed now a days, they aren't needed. Minus the faux Mustangs of drag racing, I don't think any of the Mustang race cars have scoops to enhance their performance. In fact a scoop may even hurt performance with increased drag more then any benefit from ram air.

I say give it a unique hood and fascia to match. Something that sets it apart like the GT500's does and one that is at least no heavier then the stock hood. Lighter would be awesome. Able to withstand 100+ speeds is a must.

Ram air in, venturi effect to pull the heat out. through the vents. Vents located near the rear of the hood where the heat is, with a manual lever to close if in the event encountering rain when driving. KR hood design looks functional. Attach two high speed fans to the hood one for each vent which spin with the ram air in and spin with a programmable thermostatically controlled switched when no air is flowing . I think this would make quite a bit difference and help keep the engine cool when driving 130MPH+ on the autobahn.

A Sunday drive is a drive where you are driving it like you stole it, while still treating it with respect.

This forum topic brings one thing to mind: Marilyn Monroe standing on a street walk vent and the air flowing to get the heat out.

Calvary! Prepare to Mount

Your friend,

The one who rides with the Spirit,

*Ö*

§§§§§§§

I like the 1967 type - see photo posted above. I guess it depends on how the new body style looks.

Robert, I too like the 1967 type over all others, but I couldn't vote for it.

Through a Chip Beck thread (and others) I learned how non-functional

the 65-67 scoops really were, so that's why I voted for the KR type.

Function over form every time. I would also agree with the other posts

about heat extraction, but since this poll was about scoops not vents,

I'll stick to my original choice. But if a functional sccop of any type is not

practical, then I say just vent the thing.

I also noticed in your .sig about your former 1988 SSP. I had to let my

1993 SSP go to a good owner last year... still miss it.

-Tom

Crispy, I've been thinking. We might have to return to this forum later in the year (after November), because any rendition of a GT350 at this stage is going to based on the 2010 Mustang and not what's out now.

And even though the differences between the 2010 and the current stang are somewhat subtile, there are differences, and we are basing our thoughts and opinions about the hood on what the current body styling is, and those thoughts and opinions may change/differ after the new body style is revealed.

But it looks like we are all in agreement on one thing, and that thing is that we all want a functional hood on the GT350.

Just something that we should consider, that's all.

Crispy, I've been thinking. We might have to return to this forum later in the year (after November), because any rendition of a GT350 at this stage is going to based on the 2010 Mustang and not what's out now.

And even though the differences between the 2010 and the current stang are somewhat subtile, there are differences, and we are basing our thoughts and opinions about the hood on what the current body styling is, and those thoughts and opinions may change/differ after the new body style is revealed.

But it looks like we are all in agreement on one thing, and that thing is that we all want a functional hood on the GT350.

Just something that we should consider, that's all.

Maaaaaybe, Big E.

This is just an informal poll anyway. About the scoops.

Just seein' what everyone else was thinkin' ;)

Chris

Archived