TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A friendly reminder...from my car

DubbsFaris

I had a craptacular day, and my evening plans fell through, so I figured, pretty moon, light wind and not too hot at dusk...I pulled my car out, and went for a little ride.

Oh, man.... I cant beleive how much fun I still have driving...I pulled back into my neighborhood after a nice 60 mile trip to nowhere with the biggest smile on my face and my ears are ringing so bad from my stereo blaring!

Deep Purple definitely recommended for your shaker 1000!

Alright, Hold tight, Im a highway staaaaaarrr!

Guess that song goes on the Terlingua list! :happy feet:

I am a RUSH head so anything from one of their 18 studio or 6 live albums is fine with me but Red Barchetta is a great car song. But as much as I love music while driving, I find I reach my destination often without turning the stereo on, just listining to the silky motor and SC whine!!

You better believe it. MANDATORY! :rockon:

saw him several times in atlanta when he was just starting out. Amazing shows, and very very loud........I still have several of his albums on vinyl, and when I get in the mood to play, my family leaves the house cause they know what's comin' :happy feet:

stranglehold, followed by cat scratch fever, doesn't get better than that, played it every friday at 3 pm during college at the end of classes. How else to get mentally prepared for a weekend of hard partying :beerchug:

Lately I have been playing my old High school music as I ride. :hysterical:

Free For All

I see you there with your sush eye grin....and I got my eyes on you. :happy feet:

I wouldn't have pegged you as a Nugent man, Grabber. Cool. As others have mentioned, Stranglehold is one of the top songs. Ever. That bass line gets me every time...

Well, since adding the SLP loudmouths, i barely touch the radio. As a matter of fact, the very 1st thing i did when i took the car home for the 1st time was to remove that silly antenna. If i listen to the stereo (which is rare), i'll use a CD or my iPod. I have a small input cable for my iPod and plug it in the center console.

Oh, and for Artists......TOOL is it for me.

Well, since adding the SLP loudmouths, i barely touch the radio. As a matter of fact, the very 1st thing i did when i took the car home for the 1st time was to remove that silly antenna. If i listen to the stereo (which is rare), i'll use a CD or my iPod. I have a small input cable for my iPod and plug it in the center console.

Oh, and for Artists......TOOL is it for me.

I got the Ipod adapter and keep in the glovebox....control through the radio controls...me likey, me likey alot!

Good taste in cars and music from all of you! I have all of those songs in my over the road playlist....

I suggest adding ZZ Top La Grange for a nice friendly lead foot effect...

If your feeling over the edge, a little Metallica Sanitarium and Rage Killing in the name of...

Funky fresh? How about Parliament Funkin out to the Theme from the Black Hole...and hell throw Rock's cowboy in for a pimpadelic effect

And for straight gangsta- depends on the style:

Italian- Woke up this morning and Its bad you know off sopranos soundtrack

Jewish- I do keep my full compliment of Beastie Boys on tap!

Black- My Hooptie to my Humps...you name it...

Oh yeah, IPods are great!

Archived